122 replies to this topic

#1 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

This shall serve as a guide for those who intend to take the path of the Acolyte but want to eliminate the restrictions a full support build can bring. This may or may not be best utilized by those who are restricted by their game times due to real life stuff thus wanting to maximize game time when online.

Note: THIS IS A GUIDE. PLAYING STYLE WILL DIFFER FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL AND EACH INDIVIDUAL HAS THEIR OWN UNIQUE WAY OF TAKING ON THE GAME. IT HAS BEEN MADE USING MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND PLAYING STYLE. PLEASE READ IT THOROUGHLY BEFORE DECIDING TO GO THROUGH FOLLOWING THE BUILD AND REGRETTING IT AFTER. JUST SAYING THIS CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE DON'T BOTHER TO READ THE NOTE ON THE LAST PART SO I'M PUTTING THIS HERE. 

Note: Again, this build may not suite everyone else's gaming preference but I'm sure would love the thought of having a more profound role in the party than just plain healing.

Status point building:

Based from the build guide by sero and Sassy, a battle acolyte utilizes 3 main stats:
STR
VIT
INT

• Strength covers your normal attacks and also takes into account the damage of this build's bread and butter skill, Holy Hammer. Also is related to critical rate.
  • Vitality shall enable you to take in more hits while minimizing Heal or pot usage. Increases your maximum HP and also plays a role in damage reduction by certain %. Defense is still best to be focused when looking into damage reduction though.
  • Intelligence this stat covers your max SP pool and MATK. This stat is utilized by your Heal skill and if you take into account putting 1 point to Holy Light it also affects that skill's damage.

Distribution:

1. Starting out, I recommend to start building STR and VIT to enable you to cap VIT asap thus allowing you to work on your Int earlier. Cap your VIT around 15-20 at your own discretion or when you feel things are doing too much damage to you but personally I have it at 20 and can take a good amount of damage before I heal. Start adding to Int around level 20 when you start doing more VS quests and start doing Orc mobs but I do really recommend to start adding into this stat as soon as you can.

Note: Do this till you change job. Test out the waters if you like the build and that you are comfortable with it. So keep that stat reset in hand so if you want to change to Full Support after Priest you can.

2. Another way to distribute, which I did was to do STR and INT together while adding VIT as I go(Sassy). Testing whether you can take min/max damage is key to determine when you will want to add VIT. Still cap both VIT and INT respectively at 15-20 and 30 and put the rest of the points to STR.

Skill Building:
http://valkyrieupris...yte-skill-tree/ - refer for a quick look at the skill tree.

So this might be where my build deviates from other but I can say it won't really differ that much. So you will be focusing on 3 main active skills as a battle acolyte and those are:

Active:
Blessing - level 10
Holy Hammer - level 10
Heal - level 6

As for your complete skill set before job change:

mace mastery - level 5 unlock Holy Hammer - 5 skill points
Holy Hammer - MAX asap - 10 skill points
Heal - level 6 - 6 skill points
Blessing - MAX - 10 skill points

Total: 31 skill points

Main Equipment:

For starters, I would greatly recommend crafting a VS morning star and mini angel when you can. These two gives great additional stats and is even useable till the end if you want to. Keep in mind however that getting a VVVS morning star and mini angel is also of an utmost importance if you want a better level up experience.

Other Equipment:

Get the Rabbit Earmuffs S which has good bonuses and is readily available through your own ruby purchase or from another player. The rest of the equips will all be up to you at this point since if you will be following the main quest you will easily outgrow it. Go for the VS items with STR or INT stats and you'll be set for it.

Cards:

Not much to say on this part since you might not have enough money to purchase good cards and if you are able to get vvvs morning star and mini angel you better save your card slots for later on depending on the route you will take.

Leveling:

The new level cap introduces main quests that can take you up to level 56 easily. So until you hit change job just do your main quests. Party up when available to speed up the process to get to Priest.

Farming:

Not much to farm at this point as you will be going through the main quests.

Daily Coin Quest:

With the build above, you will be able to solo almost all the coin quests including the advanced quests needing to kill VVS mobs. The mobs that you would most likely need to be in a party are the vvs orc hero and vvvs flora. The mobs in khoa are all solo-able including doppleganger. When doing daily quests with mobs in Khoa, be sure to utilize this opportunity to farm R.oridercons and R.eliums so clear vs/vvs orcs and all the vvs/vvvs mobs. You can do it. This is also important since the Slash of Honor S has a really good MATK and ATK for its level. For me it's the best weapon until a VS/VVS/VVVS cleaver.

"Paladin" (Battle -STR/AGI) Priest

From thine Valkyrie's call I arise, answering to thy heed.

For what I can't do and what I didn't do,

Bless me and my holy light.

To protect and serve, to shield and save.

So I answer to the call, with thy Paladin's Priestess light.

-Themis

Hurray! Now you have reached job level 35 and can now change your job to Priest! Now, this is where things get pretty interesting. The last version of my guide had this part as a support build but with the current cap increase a battle build can now be utilized! Of course, I will be sharing this experience with you guys.

Stat Distribution:

This is when things get tricky. For those who have read the battle priest threads here in the forums, you might have encountered that video shared of a Battle Priest with awesome aspd and could very well take care of him/herself. Based from risend's data, that person was using a str/agi build with str capped at 50 and everything else pumped into agi. Now, this build will be based from that one with personal revisions because of reasons that I will state later on.

Main Stats:

Str and Agi - Capped STR at 50 and the rest AGI

Vit - Personally capped at 15 ( Will take this out once you get a VVVS cleaver and another 2% hpa acc, then dump to AGI)

Int - Capped at 30 ( Might also drop this one once you get a VVVS cleaver)

ASPD: Well this stat goes up through your AGI and items. 100+ will get you going

Explanation:

The goal of my build is to preserve as much MATK as possible to yield at least 600 heal on VS/VVS weapon without cards while still having steady good DPS. Without int at 30, healing on a VS/VVS weapon won't let you survive accidental mobbing on certain maps and will have you to spam heal almost every other hammer. The VIT is a remnant from my acolyte days and well, I "think" it still does help. AGI will increase your aspd which is the very goal of this build. STR will keep your damage on a relatively good amount.

So basically keep on doing what you have been doing since your acolyte days. After capping INT and VIT, go cap STR and them pump everything else to AGI as you level up.

Skill Distribution:

Ideal setup:

Heal - level 6

Hammer Mastery - level 8

Holy Hammer - Max level 10

Increase AGI - Max level 10

Angelus - Max level 10

Teleport - level 1

Blessing - Max level 10

Total: 55 skill points

Explanation:

Now as a Priest, you gain access to the advance skills such as angelus and teleport, etc. As a Battle Priest, you will only want to put points into Angelus and Teleport. Angelus for the damage reduction which will be highly beneficial to you since you will always be on full contact against your mob, and 1 point teleport for a free Butterfly wing. Increase AGI for the extra agi and the mace mastery will help add atk and matk which will boost your damage and heal. You only have 1 attack skill but it is a pretty damn good one which is holy hammer.

Equips: (left to right - good to best)

Weapon: VS/VVS/VVVS Morning Star(STR/INT combo) - Slash of Honor S(HighATK/MATK) - VS/VVS/VVVS Cleaver/VVVS Grand Cross ( this one adds a lot of aspd, got base attack and high MATK/the GC will reduce aspd but with give you about +20 attack)

Armor:  VS/VVS/VVVS Mini Angel (STR/INT combo) - VS/VVS/VVVS Rfnd Saint (STR/AGI combo) - VS Endurance/VVVS Endurance(ASPD/STR/AGI combo) - Divine Clothes ( Pure ASPD )

Helm - Rabibit Earmuffs S ( Int/+ALL) - Cat Hat S (+ALL/MATK) - White Ear S (int/atk - preferred for pure damage) 

Manteau - VS Healing Mant - VVVS Combat Mant (STR/ASPD)- Dragon breath R4 (AGI/ASPD)

Shoes - Forest Shoes R3 (STR/INT) - VS Forest Shoes (STR/INT) - VVVS Forest Shoes ( STR/AGI)

Shield -  Platinum Shield R3 (VIT/DEF) - VVS/VVS Angel Guard (VIT/SPR) - VVVS Platinum Shield ( SPR/MDEF) - VVVS Angelic Protectn (VIT/MDEF)

ACC - HPA path: VS Rosary (HPA/STUN) - Ancient Rosary R3 ( HPA/AGI) - Rosary R4 (HPA/STUN) - VVS Ancient Rosary (AGI/HPA)

Attack path: VVVS Spiral -VS Bringsmen - VVVS Exorcists RIng - Divine Ring of Valkyrie (+all/STR)

Cards:

Your card built can further specialize your build. You can either go for a crit build or a pure aspd build and even try to further enhance your heals if you want.

Weapon - ATK/Neutral/Stun

Accessory - Crit /ASPD

Armor - MDEF/DEF/+All

Helm - Neutral/HP

Shoes - Crit/Neutral/HP

Shield - Neutral or element of choice

Mant - ASPD

Endgame level 80 50 str/88 agi level 10 agi (no CS stats)

Loli Crit R4 w/+all build : 54 Crit 178 aspd

Loli Crit R5 w/+all build : 60 Crit 178 aspd

ASPD build : 18 crit 214 aspd

Note: Personally I currently am at 26 crit 133 aspd. My cards aren't all complete and my Inc Agi isn't maxed yet. Though I think having 60 crit 168 aspd is really awesome for burst damage, but the 204 aspd will be feeding you HP all through out and you might be hitting crits more often. Then again, I'm not sure how 40+ aspd affects the almost 30+ crit difference on either builds. I'll update if I get to this.

Pets:

Cucumber Muka FE : + 50 attack

Succubus: 3% HPA

Stapo : 8 vit ( for luring)

For Battle Priests, I think it just boils down to these two. +ALL stats is great but the more solid 50 attack or 3% HPA is better I think.

Final Note:

With this build above, I was able to finish my main quests and farm for my gears efficiently all by myself. Everything is like a breeze to me, except for leveling after MQ. I haven't really experimented on which shadow mobs to grind on as I am still trying to finish my gears. I can also do PVP.

If you love being a badass lone ranger, want to breeze through MQ without relying to find a good party then this guide will be very helpful to you. Level isn't all that if you are not having fun. So just take your time and have fun. :) Hope you guys liked this updated guide of mine.

-vk135

Credits to: Sassy for skill enlightenment, Soba for FS Priest skills, Jaleah for Pet choices, risend for the translations, Shinkiro for insights, NviIannE, and the unknown owner of the epic Battle Priest video.

Edited by vk135, 16 January 2014 - 01:27 AM.

• ixion, Keener Vin, HaileyAlexia and 1 other like this

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#2 sero2301

sero2301

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Nice guide

#3 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

yea i played around with it a lot and I would put like 2:2:1   str:int:vit. Personally I ended up like 40 str / 40 int / 25 vit or something like that when I turned priest. Before that I was 40 str 30 int 25 vit.

One suggestion: Heal gets a big boost when you level it from 5 to 6, I would suggest getting Heal to 6.  (Level 5 = 80% heal, Level 6 = 120% heal)

#4 Shaayde

Shaayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

As an Acolyte, people will have an assumption that you are there to support them. With this build though, you are self-sustaining and will be more of a use as a dps in a party (trust me you will kill faster than waiting to heal on 1h full vit swordies). Keep in mind however that there will be annoying people in the world that only sees you as a heal and buff slave. When mobbing and someone approaches you, take care of yourself first. It is good courtesy to cater to him/her after your mob if you can or if he hasn't started raging on you yet. In parties, make sure to inform them that you are not a support build as they will be raging on your little heals. You may often find it hard to find a good party that will allow you to dps than be a slave heal or there might be no party at all but still persist. This build is for you to get through those kind of times alone and to get you to Priesthood at a good pace.

Not being able to find parties is the worst part. No one wants a battle aco =[

Poring Server

Riddi - Aco

Shaayde - Mage

Shaay - Swordie

#5 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Not being able to find parties is the worst part. No one wants a battle aco =[

I suggest that the two us form a party! haha

#6 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:33 PM

yea i played around with it a lot and I would put like 2:2:1   str:int:vit. Personally I ended up like 40 str / 40 int / 25 vit or something like that when I turned priest. Before that I was 40 str 30 int 25 vit.

One suggestion: Heal gets a big boost when you level it from 5 to 6, I would suggest getting Heal to 6.  (Level 5 = 80% heal, Level 6 = 120% heal)

I am neating jlvl 30 too and checked what skill to up next. Saw that heals jumps to 120% bonus with just 4 sp addition. Not bad. I'm probably add it like that. Then maybe just finish off with my bless which is still lvl 1 ( curse you holy light lol)

#7 prolifik

prolifik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Any other secret so bonus like lvl 5 to lvl 6 heal?

I made a battle aco and love it. I think it is a whole lot better than solo swordie. Swordie plus full support might be better but I think battle aco is better solo.

Only thing bad is parties... No ones a battle aco in their party.

I find the best person to party with is a mage. Battle aco and mages r a best duo. Battle aco blesses, dps, and tank for mages. Also mages are the only ones who don't care about low level heal.
  • HaileyAlexia likes this

#8 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Any other secret so bonus like lvl 5 to lvl 6 heal?
I made a battle aco and love it. I think it is a whole lot better than solo swordie. Swordie plus full support might be better but I think battle aco is better solo.
Only thing bad is parties... No ones a battle aco in their party.
I find the best person to party with is a mage. Battle aco and mages r a best duo. Battle aco blesses, dps, and tank for mages. Also mages are the only ones who don't care about low level heal.

Yep. In any case a battle aco can tank lure 3-4 mobs with heal enough time for mages to pop them bolts and stuff. Not to mention the stun, oh how I love it when I stun lock the mob but then again it is all up to chance and we might never know for certain how the % for stun is until they fix skill descriptions.

Looking at the phys damage reduction skill for Priest, I highly think it will make batlle priests more viable. With the addition of High Priests, I just can't wait. lol

#9 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yep. In any case a battle aco can tank lure 3-4 mobs with heal enough time for mages to pop them bolts and stuff. Not to mention the stun, oh how I love it when I stun lock the mob but then again it is all up to chance and we might never know for certain how the % for stun is until they fix skill descriptions.

Looking at the phys damage reduction skill for Priest, I highly think it will make batlle priests more viable. With the addition of High Priests, I just can't wait. lol

yea 20% damage reduction on angelus is nice. Still don't know how viable they will be in groups for instances and such. If you're only fighting normal and VS monsters then it'll work great.  I'm telling ya though, if u wanna do mino mano or instances... the VVS monsters AoE like crazy... battle priest doesn't work very well.

ONe thng about battle PRIEST is your job level doesn't reset when you advance, and battle priest kinda spreads their skills super thin... you're going to have to drop 10 points of something to get Angelus when you hit priest. Kind of a hard decision.

I guess if I was going to try battle priest I would go:

6 heal at least
10 blessing
5 mace mastery 
10 holy hammer
10 Angelus
3 teleport
1 ressurect

^ requires max job level 40 and  20$ invested in 5 skill points.

and yes, you are going to have to get teleport and ressurection both to at least level 1, and level 3 teleport if you plan on ever being in a party. if you cant teleport, people are going to bitch and complain and you're never goign to hear the end of it, and next time they'll just invite a full support priest.

with max job level capped at 40, battle priest is spread kinda thin for my tastes. If you don't have the extra 5 skill points from the cash shop it would be spread really thin, youd probably have to skip some blessing or teleport/rez.

Honestly, I really loved being a battle acolyte and stuff.. but battle priest isn't really the way to go. The classes / skills / stats in this game encourage cookie cutter builds, and the cookie cutter build for priest is full support. This game was simplified and streamlined in a manner that kind of forces people to go with the cookie cutter build the devs intended in order to be most effective. And honestly idk battle priest is probably always goign to be a second class citizen. Your single target DPS doesn't matter when Wizards can do AoE's that do several thousand points of damage in one cast. Wizards were made to do the dps, let them take care of that. As a battle priest you'll just always be swimming against the current.

that's jsut my two cents after playing battle acolyte, and becoming a priest. Go full support, find a wizard to group up with and AoE grind, and get some real experience. Otherwise you'll be killing thorn mukas alone for like 20 levels and going insane.

• walichi likes this

#10 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

oh i learned that the hardway earlier in mano dgn. Haha.

Anyways, the guild has some good people and I could support after change job.

#11 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

one thing i will say though is battle priest could probably be effective / fun in PVP, if they ever implement that.

#12 Kei

Kei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

HEAL

HEAL 

HEAL

Server - Poring
IGN - Kei - Mage

#13 Shaayde

Shaayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

one thing i will say though is battle priest could probably be effective / fun in PVP, if they ever implement that.

I'm hoping on this. For leveling purposes, it sucks. If there was something else other to grind then mukas it might be a different story. I've killed so many it seems and have gotten no where...

TL;DR I broke down and I'm FS now.  :(

Poring Server

Riddi - Aco

Shaayde - Mage

Shaay - Swordie

#14 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

I'm hoping on this. For leveling purposes, it sucks. If there was something else other to grind then mukas it might be a different story. I've killed so many it seems and have gotten no where...

TL;DR I broke down and I'm FS now.  :(

pvp duels are fun. holy hammer ftw xD Kei 1 shots me tho

#15 Kei

Kei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

;)

Server - Poring
IGN - Kei - Mage

#16 Shaayde

Shaayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

You gotta stun him before that happens.

Poring Server

Riddi - Aco

Shaayde - Mage

Shaay - Swordie

#17 Kei

Kei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

You gotta stun him before that happens.

no chance no chance =D

I can run while i firebolt him 

and it takes him like 5/6 holy light/holy hammer for me to die :)

Server - Poring
IGN - Kei - Mage

#18 Shaayde

Shaayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

no chance no chance =D

I can run while i firebolt him 

and it takes him like 5/6 holy light/holy hammer for me to die :)

Thinking a decrease agi + holy hammer + a stun % weapon would change that.

Poring Server

Riddi - Aco

Shaayde - Mage

Shaay - Swordie

#19 Windros

Windros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationRome,GA USA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yea you get hit with decrease agi and its hard to hit and run I'm not much of a pvper but will be interesting to see how this game is with it

#20 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

Thinking a decrease agi + holy hammer + a stun % weapon would change that.

he's got 2.1k of life after stun single bolt is all he needs xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account