Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for the guide!

your welcome!

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#43 iPriestess

iPriestess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Do you think it would be faster/easier lvl'ing to start with Battle Aco and then switch to Paladin Priest/FS upon job change? I like that Holy Hammer uses less SP so you end up using less pots, and sometimes you just can't find a party.

Server - Poring

Eleni - Battle Aco

iPriestess - FS Aco

#44 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

fastest way is probably FS, since around lvl 30 quests just suck and you'll have to grind. By that point if you are FS wiz will gladly take you. Exp gonna be pretty insane.

max these 3 skills : Blessing, Heal, Agi up. Holy light is pretty much useless for FS while agi up is so effective when you're aco. Focus on int and matk equipment, hp cards are quite good and OP at these levels. It's kinda painful at earlier lvls tho.

if you're worried about searching for a party or pots (as FS you'll be spamming pots like a mage) then you  dont have much choice do you? the effectiveness of battle aco is pretty much gear dependant tho. 

ign: soba

class: Priest 

level: 48

guild: BOSS

server: Mimir

#45 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

fastest way is probably FS, since around lvl 30 quests just suck and you'll have to grind. By that point if you are FS wiz will gladly take you. Exp gonna be pretty insane.

max these 3 skills : Blessing, Heal, Agi up. Holy light is pretty much useless for FS while agi up is so effective when you're aco. Focus on int and matk equipment, hp cards are quite good and OP at these levels. It's kinda painful at earlier lvls tho.

if you're worried about searching for a party or pots (as FS you'll be spamming pots like a mage) then you  dont have much choice do you? the effectiveness of battle aco is pretty much gear dependant tho. 

this guide is focused on a solo build prePriest.And there are a lof of wizards who prefed to go alone now especially the higher level ones. I don't get you saying go FS when the build is for a solo path.

#46 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

i leveled to 35 with only mini angel and first tier vs armors and I'm hitting 1k max on mobs. I won't say its really gear dependent.

#47 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:35 PM

Do you think it would be faster/easier lvl'ing to start with Battle Aco and then switch to Paladin Priest/FS upon job change? I like that Holy Hammer uses less SP so you end up using less pots, and sometimes you just can't find a party.

Being party dependent is a big turn off for me. It depends on your gaming time. the paladin priest build is only effective with angelus after priesthood. so you really cnt go that path pre 35

#48 iPriestess

iPriestess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

i leveled to 35 with only mini angel and first tier vs armors and I'm hitting 1k max on mobs. I won't say its really gear dependent.

What's a mini angel? I found the Angel VS Armor and Shield but nothing which says mini angel.  Never mind, just found it  :D

Server - Poring

Eleni - Battle Aco

iPriestess - FS Aco

#49 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

What's a mini angel? I found the Angel VS Armor and Shield but nothing which says mini angel.  Never mind, just found it  :D

Just make sure that if you find a good cheap purple mace with 20%+ matk to get it. It will really help. Either way as a support/FS/Paladin build it will still be dependent on the + matk% from armor + int matk so you really cant say that once is more dependent than  the other.

#50 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

this guide is focused on a solo build prePriest.And there are a lof of wizards who prefed to go alone now especially the higher level ones. I don't get you saying go FS when the build is for a solo path.

you wrote: "My guide is updated for an FS build".

so it is me who dont get what you're saying... 

#51 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

you wrote: "My guide is updated for an FS build".

so it is me who dont get what you're saying... 

he was clearly asking that on a battle acolyte point.. my aco guide is battle spec while my priest is for the FS if you read it.

#52 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

he was clearly asking that on a battle acolyte point.. my aco guide is battle spec while my priest is for the FS if you read it.

Clearly? oh dear. Read his post again. He asked if levelling up as battle aco and then changing to paladin was faster than starting the paladin build as aco.

That's basically what he asked. I don't see anything wrong with what i posted. He was clearly looking for a comparison with an aco build without Holy Hammer and being party dependent.

And i read the guide, i think it's well written and that we shouldn't dirty this thread with this petty discussion any further.

#53 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Clearly? oh dear. Read his post again. He asked if levelling up as battle aco and then changing to paladin was faster than starting the paladin build as aco.

That's basically what he asked. I don't see anything wrong with what i posted. He was clearly looking for a comparison with an aco build without Holy Hammer and being party dependent.

And i read the guide, i think it's well written and that we shouldn't dirty this thread with this petty discussion any further.

I agree. I might have read your post wrongly or his post as I was in class then. lol

My Bad

Cheers

#54 AhISee

AhISee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

Question, due to not being able to cash, would a lack of a dps skill hinder me in any way at priest? ATM I have only had to heal constantly in full parties when grinding, other than that, using holy light for additional dps helped me and the other person kill faster so I'm not sure if I should ignore it at 35. I'm lv 23 so maybe I just get the full vit swords or healed is needed more constant later on? I was thinking of taking points of Angelus for holy light, unless people care that much about only having lv 5 Angelus rather than level 10?

#55 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

angelus and teleport are the most important and most wanted priest skill. And yes, people will care that much.

If your going FS priest you might even wanna spend the last points on Agi Up rather than Holy light + SP rec. 

And if you aren't....... hum right now they say a support priest build is the only viable one due to job lvl cap but the game is new

and still open to experiments. Yeh but teleport and angelus are pretty much the skills people expect from a priest

#56 FianDeBoris

FianDeBoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSuraDarjo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

did you know max lvl of this game ?

FianDeBoris ~ Swordie ~ Poring Server  :D 

#57 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

max lvl right now is lvl 48 with 100% exp bar ( which is lame they could have made 49 with 0%, the hell with that ...) 

#58 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Question, due to not being able to cash, would a lack of a dps skill hinder me in any way at priest? ATM I have only had to heal constantly in full parties when grinding, other than that, using holy light for additional dps helped me and the other person kill faster so I'm not sure if I should ignore it at 35. I'm lv 23 so maybe I just get the full vit swords or healed is needed more constant later on? I was thinking of taking points of Angelus for holy light, unless people care that much about only having lv 5 Angelus rather than level 10?

I'm on soba on this one. Upon change job a support build will be the only viable option for you to survive leveling to max cap. Holy light will be a waste of skill points especially if you don't use cash skills ( i don't have cash skills too). That extra 5% reduction will be more wanted in the party than a hit from you. 

#59 iPriestess

iPriestess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thank you both Soba and Vk123, I was torn between starting off as a battle aco or FS aco, but now I understand FS really is more efficient in a party while Battle is great to solo but means more grinding. Thank you for the guide! 

Server - Poring

Eleni - Battle Aco

iPriestess - FS Aco

#60 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

just my suggestion, if you have a wizard friend, who likes to play with you / help you. definetely go FS. If you have are nuts like Deathshock and have insane gear definetely go Battle.

If you don't you should just pick the one you fancy the most. At level 30+ quests really suck and grinding is such a dominant part.

It gets really slow levelling up compared to previous levels. It really gets frustrating and boring so IMO even though one build might be faster than others the difference will

be almost trivial compared to the long boring grind journey.

My advice is just to pick the one suits more your style, and which you enjoy more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account