• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

You can use a PS3 Sixaxis controller to play RO:VU on a rooted Android device with the Sixaxis Controller app (available on Play store).

41Nw9erTKSL._SL110_.jpg

Requirements

1. PS3 Sixaxis controller (wireless w/bluetooth)  (aftermarket / off brand not recommended, use official controller)
  2. Rooted Android device...must be rooted, have bluetooth, and must be compatible with Sixaxis Controller App (use this free Sixaxis compatibility checker app to see)
  3. Sixaxis Controller app ($1.99) 

also recommended: PS3 controller charging station (if you dont have a PS3 to charge the controller).

As long as you can get your controller paired and working with your android device using the Sixaxis controller app, you should be able to use the app to map the controller buttons/joysticks to the screen and play RO:VU.

EDIT:

After playing around with this a bit, it's now my favorite way to play (Nexus 10 w/ PS3 controller  :wub:).

Some additional notes:

• Works best if you go into the RO:VU options and uncheck "Use Original UI"
  • Hold Power + Volume Down to take a screenshot of your game interface. Load that as your background in the Sixaxis mapping tool, so you can map your buttons on top of your game UI.
  • Getting the analog stick working properly is the hardest part of mapping the Touch Emulation. You will notice a small thin circle that surrounds your analog stick when you select it - you can drag that thin line to change the size of the left analog stick. You may have to play around with the size and position of the analog stick to get the movement to work correctly. I also recommend high sensitivity.
  • If you don't have a PS3, please note the controllers will not charge using standard means, as far as I can tell - they require a PS3 or a PS3 controller charging station to charge.

My mappings:

wkl70L8l.png

• Sloppy, HaileyAlexia and RTnewscot like this

#2 Kei

Kei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

im trying to find ways to play this on my ps vita :D

Server - Poring
IGN - Kei - Mage

#3 PWNstahh

PWNstahh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

So I rooted my Nexus 4 today and installed SixAxis, paired it up and everything.
End result? WIN!
I am now playing this with a PS3 controller, makes levelling a lot easier and more enjoyable haha. dont have to hold the phone in my hand anymore.

I recommend unticking the use orginal UI box so that you will use the UI that does not have the joystick.
Take a screenie ingame to see the buttons, make it the background in SixAxis to map buttons onto it, and bam! done.

#4 DamnGravity

DamnGravity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

Sweet allengo!! I know Sassy has been working on this too, do you mind posting instructions and the files you used? 

#5 PWNstahh

PWNstahh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

http://img33.imagesh...xismapping.png

thats all i can post for now because im at uni haha. will post more later.\

500k for my services pelase :P

#6 PWNstahh

PWNstahh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

So the steps are.
1. ROOT YOUR DEVICE OR ELSE IT WONT WORK! I cannot provide steps in rooting the device as I did not root my own device, my lovely brother did <3
2. Download https://play.google....HljaGVja2VyIl0. and follow all prompts.
Assuming it is compatible...
3.Download http://www.dancingpi...oller/tool.html. The download should be in the middle of the page, i'm sure you can figure.
4. Follow the prompts on the page (http://www.dancingpi...oller/tool.html) to change your controller Bluetooth Address to match your phone's. 
You can see your phone's Bluetooth address when running the Sixaxis compatibility checker. It should be located at the bottom of the screen. 
Now that your controller's Bluetooth address matches your phone's..
5. Download https://play.google....nRyb2xsZXIiXQ.. and run the app.
6. Simply click start and when the phone says "Listening for controllers", turn on your PS3 controller. It should connect and say "Client 1 connected [Battery status:xxxx".
I MAY HAVE MISSED AT STEP SOMEWHERE ALONG HERE, I dont remmeber what i did exactly.
Assuming it has connected..
7. Start up RO:VU go to options then uncheck the Original UI box. (So that you use the UI with the swords to move instead of the joystick.)
8. TAKE A SCREEN SHOT with the sword-moving-pad showing and the skill boxes.
9. In the Sixaxis controller app, click the menu button then go to preferences --> touch emulation --> Edit touch profiles ---> Double touch menu --> Change background ---> find your screenshot --> edit background --> rotate your screen shot to RO:VU style 
10. map away to your liking. or copy mine http://img33.imagesh...axismapping.png I chose to use the analog stick instead of the D-pad.
I don't know how to map the D-pad so don't expect me to help out there xD
11. Save your key map as "INSERTNAMEHERE!!" and go out of the mapping area back onto the main Sixaxis Controller screen.
12. Change your Active Touch Profile to your one.
13. Log in, find PWNstahh and give him 500k.
14. Enjoy!

Hopefully that helps..

#7 Perro

Perro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

nice info

#8 FarFromNear

FarFromNear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

For jailed broken iOS users: 

Head to cydia and download blutro. 

"Adults are kids with money"

IGN:

FarFromNear - Swordie - Lvl 3X - Str/Vit Build - Mimir

#9 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

any way to play on pc? :D

IGN: Souken

#10 FarFromNear

FarFromNear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Spent an hour this morning trying to mess with an Android emulator (from the andriod sdk) on my ubuntu computer.

The emulator is too sluggish for me (given i still run a duel-core) to even attempt to download the game onto it.

Read online that there's a few thing you can try
> Windows with an Intel hardware acceleration.
> Disabling hyper tread
> Stronger machine

"Adults are kids with money"

IGN:

FarFromNear - Swordie - Lvl 3X - Str/Vit Build - Mimir

#11 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Spent an hour this morning trying to mess with an Android emulator (from the andriod sdk) on my ubuntu computer.

The emulator is too sluggish for me (given i still run a duel-core) to even attempt to download the game onto it.

emulator's going to be way too slow..

They have stuff like bluestacks and http://www.socketeq.com/ , but it's most likely not going to work without modifications. The game can detect when you are running in a virtualized / emulated environment somehow.

You'd have to reverse engineer / crack the client to get it running most likely. Bluestacks would probably be your best option, socketeq is a piece of shit.

#12 CandyNJ

CandyNJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

You do NOT have to be rooted if you have tablets like the Sansung Galaxy Note 8, Note 10.1 or any tablet that allows USB controllers to be directly plugged in. All you would need is the official Samsung $15 cord or a good quality OTG cord and plug in the PS3 controller or Xbox wired controller.

Should work well.

#13 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:10 AM

You do NOT have to be rooted if you have tablets like the Sansung Galaxy Note 8, Note 10.1 or any tablet that allows USB controllers to be directly plugged in. All you would need is the official Samsung $15 cord or a good quality OTG cord and plug in the PS3 controller or Xbox wired controller.

Should work well.

well the ps3 controller is bluetooth, and it's the Sixaxis controller app that requires root. The Sixaxis app converts the controller buttons to touch events. RO:VU doesn't support gamepad controls so that's why you need some kind of software to convert the physical button presses to touch events. 

Unless there's something about the galaxy note that works differently, and the Sixaxis controller app doesn't require root on galaxy note, then you probably need root.. have you ran the Sixaxis compatibility checker app on a note tablet? 

#14 AllaN

AllaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Nice topic.

My left analog button is too small for my galaxy 10.1 tablet... So i cant move :(

Can i icrease the size of the buttom so it can reach the move screen on ragnarok? X_X HELP please

Edit - Ive found the green circle around the analog stick :DDD im so blind hahaha ty

Edited by AllaN, 19 May 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#15 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Nice topic.

My left analog button is too small for my galaxy 10.1 tablet... So i cant move :(

Can i icrease the size of the buttom so it can reach the move screen on ragnarok?     X_X   HELP please

when you select that button in the config, it has like a really thin white ring that goes around it (you can see it in the screenshot in my original post). Drag that circle to make the left analog smaller / bigger.

#16 AllaN

AllaN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Thanks ^^ 

#17 LJDonayre

LJDonayre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

IOS please...............................................................................................

#18 Akemi

Akemi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

Samsung Galaxy S4 works well with microusb to usb cord. No program needed. XBOX 360 Corded Controller Tested.

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B007JZGO6S

Works well and have no problems with it so far. FYI for people that don't want to root their phone and have an extra 4 bucks to spend. 

Server: RAN

Akemis - Priestess LvL 57

akemisiggy26iw.jpg

#19 r32inc

r32inc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

This work great on Nexus 5.  DL the app and connected the sixaixis ps3 controller.  Tough on Nexus 5 the Touch mapping is a little off because of the navigation bar and 4.4 KitKat.

But still works,Thanks for the info.

#20 Daltz

Daltz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Just try a sixasix combo for note3 and works well...

Try to share my mapping with original ui checked.

Feature:
1. Select gc quest and exit
2. See map and exit
3. Select ch when try to go inside town
4. Change hotkey sheet

Shortcut:
1. Im using select to exit npc talk or others.
2. For changing hotkey sheet. Its a little tricky, place the right analog key at the middle of hotkey sheet (like at the pic)
How to use:
Hold up/down right analog and press L1 or L2 till its change.

My mapping:
http://imgur.com/a/UWNme

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account