You can use a PS3 Sixaxis controller to play RO:VU on a rooted Android device with the Sixaxis Controller app (available on Play store).
- PS3 Sixaxis controller (wireless w/bluetooth) (aftermarket / off brand not recommended, use official controller)
- Rooted Android device...must be rooted, have bluetooth, and must be compatible with Sixaxis Controller App (use this free Sixaxis compatibility checker app to see)
- Sixaxis Controller app ($1.99)
also recommended: PS3 controller charging station (if you dont have a PS3 to charge the controller).
As long as you can get your controller paired and working with your android device using the Sixaxis controller app, you should be able to use the app to map the controller buttons/joysticks to the screen and play RO:VU.
After playing around with this a bit, it's now my favorite way to play (Nexus 10 w/ PS3 controller ).
Some additional notes:
- Works best if you go into the RO:VU options and uncheck "Use Original UI"
- Hold Power + Volume Down to take a screenshot of your game interface. Load that as your background in the Sixaxis mapping tool, so you can map your buttons on top of your game UI.
- Getting the analog stick working properly is the hardest part of mapping the Touch Emulation. You will notice a small thin circle that surrounds your analog stick when you select it - you can drag that thin line to change the size of the left analog stick. You may have to play around with the size and position of the analog stick to get the movement to work correctly. I also recommend high sensitivity.
- If you don't have a PS3, please note the controllers will not charge using standard means, as far as I can tell - they require a PS3 or a PS3 controller charging station to charge.