I decided to write this guide because many people asked for a tank build but don't use the search function. I'm too lazy to write the same stats, skills and equips in each of their thread countless times. I'm pretty busy this month so I'll take my time completing this guide. For now I'll write a rough sketch of my build. This is a general guide for average players so you don't need to follow my guide exactly. By the way, feel free to critize or help my guide =D
- You will never die unless... there is a problem like lag, laggy healer, or you think you are superman.
- Fast leveling!!!
- Spend the less amount of zeny between all classes and builds.
- Don't need HP pots (Healer is your unexhaustable HP pot!).
- Don't need SP pots unless monster drain your SP like VS Thorn Muka. If you are skillful it won't matter.
- Can tank Boss/MVP
- Better chance of getting high FAME in battlefield
- Hmm... let me think...
- Need to be in party.
- REALLY slow doing GC (Gold Coin) quest. Not recommended until you reset to DPS (Damage per Second) build.
- Suck at PVP
- Hmm... canÂ´t think of anything else...
- Increases max HP. The amount of HP you get per VIT increases as you increase your VIT.
- Reduces Physical Damage received. It's different than Def (Physical Defense) and it reduces more damage.
Note: From my own test, with 60+ VIT you get like 14 HP per VIT, with 90+ VIT you get 18 HP and with 120+ VIT you get 22 HP.
Look like the amount of HP you get per VIT increases by 1 as you increase your VIT by more 8.
- Increases Mdef (Magic Defense). You get 1 Mdef per SPR.
- Increases SP Recovery. Doesn't matter for tank.
Stats Order: Go full VIT until base (without equips) 60 VIT then add the rest of your stat points into SPR until 40.
Sword Mastery lvl 1
Provoke lvl 1
Shield Training lvl 10
Increase HP Recovery lvl 10
Shield Mastery lvl 10
Endure lvl 10
Note: Tank doesn't need damage skills. Your attack is so slow that you won't do much anyway.
- Use any equips you get from quests or drops.
- Compound your own rank3 cards. If you can compound rank4 cards then go ahead.
- Craft your own equips. Start aiming for VS parts. Then VVS and so on.
- You can aim for end gear in one go if you want. You can pretty much tank anything with worthless equips.
Anubis Helm ---> Ares Protective Helm S ---> Frika Helm/Demon Mask/Thors Vit 8 all 4 / Vit 8 HP330 ---> Final dwarf hat (Best)
Bone Suit ---> VVVS Plate Armor ---> VVVS Clair Suit ---> VVVS Fairy Suit (Best)
Tsurugi ---> VVVS Orcish Sword / VVS Haedonggum ---> VVS Mysteltainn ---> Shining Sword Bravery vit14 hp12% (Best)
Shld of Honor S ---> Valkyrie Shield S (Best shield against shadow monsters)
Shld of the Trial S ---> Ahltair Shld S ---> Platinum Defender S ---> Platinum Defender S2
Very Very Vali's Mant. ---> VVS Wild Tail (Best)
VVS Earring ---> VVS Novice Armlet ---> VVS Ancient Earring (Best)
VVVS Blue Boots ---> Vidar Boots S* ---> VVVS Vidar Boots* ---> Wild Boots S2 (Best)
Stapo (Evolved) / Lude (Evolved) Get both they are really cheap and commons
*You might ask why VVVS Vidar Boots is better than Vidar Boots S. Let see each stats:
VVVS Vidar Boots
Level: 48 / DEF: 20 / MDEF: 18
VIT + 7 MDEF + 7
Total Def: 20
Total Mdef: 25
Total HP: 155+ (When you have 120+ VIT you get 22+ HP per VIT)
Vidar Boots S
Level: 48 / DEF: 25 / MDEF: 25
MaxHP + 130 Def + 7
Total Def: 32 (It has higher Def but 7 VIT reduces more damage than 12 Def, I don't know by how much but I tested it once)
Total Mdef: 25 Same amount
Total HP: 130 Less amount
VVVS Vidar Boots is really expensive. Only try to get it if you don't have anything to do or you are rich.
Don't put worthless cards on expensive equips.
Helm: HP480 / Def6
Armor: Def9 / Mdef9 / All +2 card is also good since you'll be gaining 6 vit and 6 spr
Manteau: Def6 / Flee4 (Flee is way cheaper and better)
Shoe: HP480 / HP360 for VVVS Blue Boots or cheap shoe
Shield: Shadow Resistance 6% for Shld of Honor S / Water Resistance 6% for rest of shields / Neutral Resistance 6% for PVP
Accesory: HP180 / SP160 VVS Earring for cheap accessory
Many people say Def6 for manteau is better but 18 Def reduces what? 5-10 dmg? Ok let just say it reduces 18 dmg. Against your usual monsters you will be receiving mostly 1 dmg but against boss you will receive more than 100 dmg. With 33+ Flee you will be dodging one third of the attacks. If you dodge an attack you receive 0 dmg.
Let compare with a boss that do let say 100 dmg per hit and he does 5 hits (Total dmg: 500):
21 Flee + 18 Def:
21 Flee is like 1/5 chance of dodge so 500 - (500/5) = 400 dmg
400 - (18 Def x 4 Hit) = 328
33 Flee is like 1/3 change of dodge so 500 - (500/3) = 333 dmg
The first one wins by 5 dmg reduction but itÂ´s just because we considered 18 Def = 18 dmg reduction which isnÂ´t true. Flee shines mostly when a knight is hit by stronger attacks. I remember I took 200+ dmg from Baphomet as tank with good equips already. Imagine the dmg from boss like loli ruli (lvl 60+). There isnÂ´t any point on increasing defense for normal monsters when knight take 1 dmg only.
OMG writing a guide is so long, boring and tiresome!!! I'll leave it here for today.
Oh forgot to write how / where to lvl...hmm will write it later...
This is what a tank's stats look like...
This is the power of 36 Flee. Look at those misses...
Edited by HarrieAlexis, 18 February 2014 - 08:12 AM.