• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#21 kuccified

kuccified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

oh, so basically i just go around mobbing and not killing? the reason i added str and used 2 hand is because it's difficult to find party sometimes. yeah i've got a stats reset so i guess i'll reset when i'm a knight :D how fun is it playing a tank? cause it sounds like i'm useless without a party :(

#22 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

oh, so basically i just go around mobbing and not killing? the reason i added str and used 2 hand is because it's difficult to find party sometimes. yeah i've got a stats reset so i guess i'll reset when i'm a knight :D how fun is it playing a tank? cause it sounds like i'm useless without a party :(

Yeah, basically u lure the entire map or stand there doing nothing. Party in new town consists of one wiz, one priest, one tank and one lurer (preferably tank too). Tank stands on centre of map or a good spot for wanted monsters, and fuse together with priest and wiz without moving. Lurer then lure the entire map focusing on monsters needed for quest. As lurer I have my fun luring everything, and as tank I just read manga or something while I do nothing in game. It doesn't sound like u r useless without party...u r useless :P

• remolino likes this

IGN: Souken

#23 Shakto

Shakto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

@Souken

You should update your first post

Better stuff :

Altair Shld S >>> VVS Platinum Dfndr (best)

#24 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

@Souken

You should update your first post

Better stuff :

Altair Shld S >>> VVS Platinum Dfndr (best)

The reason I didn't put best shield yet is coz I haven't decide which is better between VVVS Platinum Dfndr and VVVS Bradium Shld. I don't put thing I haven't verify or check yet. Thx for reading my guide and telling me though. Ur help is appreaciated  :D

#25 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I uploaded some screenshots of my knight. I was going to upload a video of me doing Dark Lord but after watching it I found out it didn't run smoothly. I did some test in my phone and look like it won't record well for some reason. I guess I'll have to display my phone screen on my computer to record it x.x

#26 Shakto

Shakto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Hello again, i think you can add the hat from the cash shop :)

#27 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Hello again, i think you can add the hat from the cash shop :)

haha I have been grinding since maintenance so didn't have time to update :P

#28 Doomie

Doomie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:46 AM

Souken, im still waiting for your training guide :\ grinding/doing quest in a tank build is pain in the ass T.T

#29 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Souken, im still waiting for your training guide :\ grinding/doing quest in a tank build is pain in the ass T.T

Oh sorry I wanted to finish my guide after I record some video but haven't get a decent app to do it :/

#30 ichikoy

ichikoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationPH Mandaluyong Loob

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

Nice Topic Man! It's been here all along but I never really took the time to read it till now and I can only say that this is on good topic to read! It's complete! Informative!

Now for the question's.

+How long does it take for me to reach a decent tank to be able to tank in at the least being in the 1st map of the new town.

EX:

-LV 35-40

-Equips from previous quest.

+Will you need pots or a priest in one lure ( 10-15 mobs in one run )?

You Reach, I Teach  -Michael Jordan-

Everyone and Anyone is Welcome to join Asgard. To those trying to ruin our prices?! ( You can go Pack yourselves! You Mother Packers! Brought to you by SBC Packers ).

#31 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

I'm not sure how much def/vit u need for new town coz I was already 48 with good equips when new town came out. I could go directly to skel (lvl 60+) without problem.

Depending on ur equip u can go to new town as lvl 35, u can just try it. If u still don't have enough def/vit then wait until u r knight for shield mastery; with shield mastery u will be able to tank first maps for sure. It's better to tank with priest coz if u use pots u will spend a lot unless u are rich :P

#32 ichikoy

ichikoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

I'm not sure how much def/vit u need for new town coz I was already 48 with good equips when new town came out. I could go directly to skel (lvl 60+) without problem.

Depending on ur equip u can go to new town as lvl 35, u can just try it. If u still don't have enough def/vit then wait until u r knight for shield mastery; with shield mastery u will be able to tank first maps for sure. It's better to tank with priest coz if u use pots u will spend a lot unless u are rich :P

Nice! I guess I'll just stick in the mino mano map for now til I can 1 hit all the monsters there. LoL. ( That'll be forever )

Everyone and Anyone is Welcome to join Asgard. To those trying to ruin our prices?! ( You can go Pack yourselves! You Mother Packers! Brought to you by SBC Packers ).

#33 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Thank you for this wonderful guide! I would just like to ask, do I dodge more if I have 33+ flee, let say 40, or 33 flee is the maximum? If that is the max, therefore having 40+ flee is same with 33 flee?

One more thing, does provoke reduces its cooldown time as the level goes up? Thank you in advance! ;)

#34 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Thank you for this wonderful guide! I would just like to ask, do I dodge more if I have 33+ flee, let say 40, or 33 flee is the maximum? If that is the max, therefore having 40+ flee is same with 33 flee?

One more thing, does provoke reduces its cooldown time as the level goes up? Thank you in advance! ;)

Yeah u dodge more with higher flee. 1 Flee is about 1% so 40 flee about 40%. I dunno if increasing lvl of provoke reduces cooldown time coz I haven't test it yet.

#35 Armada

Armada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Even if it reduce cooldown getting more than lvl1 is a really bad idea.

#36 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Even if it reduce cooldown getting more than lvl1 is a really bad idea.

It's no a bad idea if u still receive 1 lvl from monsters as tank. For DPS it's good regardless of whether it reduces cooldown or not.

#37 Armada

Armada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

yeah for easy mobs why not but when he will want to fight monsters worth some xp he will regret.
I had some reset to waste and tryed to grab darklord with with lvl10 provoke ... the "little" difference it made on his auto atks made him untankable for me.
So i recommand to think twice before getting higher lvls of provoke ;-)

#38 Souken

Souken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

I don't have problem with Dark Lord with my equips even if I put 10 provoke gg

#39 Armada

Armada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Im not full stuff like you yet heh

#40 ichikoy

ichikoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

Screenshots

This is what a tank's stats look like...

uqj0.png

I have the best equips available for my level. I'm only missing the gc equip Guardian Helm. I'll hunt gc after I change my build to DPS at max lvl.

This is the power of 36 Flee. Look at those misses...

0i99.pngSou, I've been a fan of your and I was just wondering how you got your flee to go up as high as 36 and make your mobs miss almost half the time.

Would you be so kind to post the list of cards to where they actually fit. Right now, I'm just farming til I get to decide which class I'll be using. I don't have zenny though. I've been buying equips for my farmer tandem.

I just would like to find out which cards I need so when I get to see em in the AH I'll but em before these guys from your server turn our AH like yours. MAN! 35M for a pair of good boots. FTW will you do with so much in game money?!

What ever it is it's none of my business. well, if you want you can just PM me the info or just lemme know which server you're in.

Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account