• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fact

Fact

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

So, i just changed to knight and i'm not sure about skills, so if other knights could share your experience so far it would be nice. 

My doubts are :

Endure - About mdef, anyone find it necessary? 

HP Regen - anyone think its a bad idea removing it for other stuff?

Shield Training - I miss the extra flee, its quite handful sometimes.. to give a break between heavy hits, but i think 5 points is just fine.

So i've came to some final builds...

Build 1 - Full Tank

1h mastery - 1

Shield training - 10

Shield mastery - 10

Provoke - 1

Endure - 10

HP Regen - 10

Bash - 3

Build 2 - Full AoE 

1h Mastery - 10 (or Bash 10, here 4)

Shield training - 5

Shield mastery - 10

Provoke - 1

Bash - 4

Final Blow - 5

Magnum Break - 10

Build 3 - Mixed up

1h Mastery - 1 

Shield training - 5

Shield Mastery - 10

Provoke - 1

Bash - 3

Final Blow - 5

Magnum Break - 10

HP Regen - 10

Anyway, there are a lot of options, so give your opinions. :)

#2 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

Currently dps solo tank knight. 219 base def with 268 def with shield mastery max lvl 10 buff and 124 mdef.

Lvl 39 Knight 

241 atk,

219 base pdef

124 base mdef

4061 hp.

821 mp.

Hp recovery - 0 Only to save points so I can solo, it does now mention you can increase healing recieved from pots and heals so this should be a skill invested on when you can if you want to spare the dps for it.

Sword Mastery - 1 Only enough to proceed to shield training. Will max this after hp recovery as that is extremely important so your tank will heal more efficiently.

Shield Training - 5 Only enough for mastery buff as flee is negligible right now.

Shield Mastery - 10 Max this out if you are doing tank build. The extra defense boost is so helpful and the slight reflect amounts no doubt help shave off a little damage as well.

Endure - 0 I took out all points from endure and hp recovery since even with 40 points it's still hard to hold against magic attacks. The 40 points help a bit in mdef, but having had 15 points invested towards this before, I realize you lose way too much damage potential. Even I don't party 24/7. As a matter of fact I solo the 40+ instance for most of its vs mobs for exp and this new build with the extra points into dps is quite efficient.

Bash - 9 Will definitly max this out as it helps considerably to solo and add dps as well as stun the target to negate some dmg while its stunned.

Fatal Blow- 5 No reason not to max this as it uses no sp as a combo hit as well as the fact that you need 5 points for it to open magnum.

Magnum Break - 10 Maxed this as well as I tend to aoe grind as a tank vs mobs while I'm not grinding in Bhua solo or such.

Provoke - 1 Currently 1, but will definitly be adding more points onto this as the mobs in bhua and such sometimes seem to not like to aggro to you if you don't tag them with it first. Of course one point only is quite sufficient as it is.

All points I plan to go further will be added to hp recovery as it adds to the tank healing potential such that survival will be easier with mobs and bosses such as baphomet. This can of course be altered to a full party based no damage type tank, just take out magnum and the basic points from bash away into hp recovery and endure as well as provoke.

#3 Fact

Fact

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yea thing about endure is that i didn't see a decent reduction on magic damage to make it worth spending points there. But u're right about hp recovery, im missing it a lot, will def get it back to 10..

Can we go over job 40 yet?

#4 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Honestly not sure, maybe some of the guys on poring server who are closer knows. But yeah I took a few points out of magnum and bash last night and maxed out hp recovery. Maxed bonus totally makes hp absorption equipment obsolete unless you have major 2 hander attack dps which us tanks don't. Healing 90 hp per tick right now and potions ranging 140-170 from the bonus of that as well. It's made soloing the 40+ dungeon vs monsters a lot easier with almost no downtime.

#5 FianDeBoris

FianDeBoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSuraDarjo

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

in poring server rank 1 - 5 top level player are mage :(

this is build of RPflix (the tanker that i know when i was start playing ROVU) now he is lv 41 (1 week ago he's in the 1-5 top level player)

SC20130408_215449.jpg

SC20130408_215457.jpg

yeah he was my inspirations :D

FianDeBoris ~ Swordie ~ Poring Server  :D 

#6 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yea thing about endure is that i didn't see a decent reduction on magic damage to make it worth spending points there. But u're right about hp recovery, im missing it a lot, will def get it back to 10..

Can we go over job 40 yet?

Looks like it is still stuck at 40, seems like theres going to be a lot of downtime once we hit level cap unless they add new content soon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  simpleforce : (21 November 2014 - 01:19 AM) where is teh support
@  HarrieAlexis : (20 November 2014 - 01:20 AM) @Stryk3 Try to DL WOG instead of the path of heroes version. Seems fine to me. ;)
@  Stryk3 : (19 November 2014 - 03:56 PM) any1 here play with iphone? i cant seem to download the binary update...can some1 enlighten me pls Q_Q
@  deadfantasy : (19 November 2014 - 03:37 PM) disappointed that they took the purple box mission :(
@  wonderseller : (19 November 2014 - 11:11 AM) ohh ROVU weekly maintenance = weekly dissapointment
@  PopoPiraten : (19 November 2014 - 10:09 AM) Got white screen after update (android). But still can log using ios device
@  Stryk3 : (19 November 2014 - 08:55 AM) i cant play since the update. my iphone keep asking for binary update bla bla bla but when i press "download" nothing happen..
@  HarrieAlexis : (19 November 2014 - 06:52 AM) Level 95 Cap / stage 9 SD / New instance dungeon for the update!
@  Wapak : (17 November 2014 - 03:50 AM) @HarrieAlexis Thanks bro. I felt like my world broke when that happened. Thanks again.
@  HarrieAlexis : (17 November 2014 - 03:45 AM) @wapak That's a glitch. Been happening to random players since early 2013. Relax. *wink
@  Wapak : (15 November 2014 - 05:19 AM) I just been on Abyss Single and there is Orc Lord then suddenly 2 of my character's screen turned black and a bunch of blocked characters appeared. I felt a mini heart attack. Did you guys experience this?
@  Viletty : (04 November 2014 - 07:52 PM) Hello, please tell me, can i play on ios in rovu used my google(android)account, how use?)
@  Krysica~~~~~... : (04 November 2014 - 05:35 AM) @udyr hmmn depends on the monster element, there are cheap r3 elemental cards for weapon which is much easier to have, see element guide here http://www.urgametip...-elemental.html
@  udyr : (03 November 2014 - 09:45 PM) im aspd flee str dagger btw
@  udyr : (03 November 2014 - 09:42 PM) what kind of weapon card is the best for damage at 8-10sd as a sin?
@  HarrieAlexis : (03 November 2014 - 04:08 AM) @Santz Diamonds are used for mercenary gold draws, repicking chest at dungeons and compounding mercs while you can use rubies on the ruby shop (upper right corner of the screen)
@  Krysica~~~~~... : (02 November 2014 - 02:20 PM) @Popo so 480k exp for it to maxed out the level 99? Can't 5angelings and some r3s?
@  PopoPiraten : (02 November 2014 - 01:02 PM) @bakakiba thx already done, 6 angelings ^^
@  bakakiba : (01 November 2014 - 03:43 PM) popo 5 to 98
@  Santz : (01 November 2014 - 07:30 AM) Newbie question. What is the difference between diamond and rubies. If I buy, which one should I buy? Rubies or Diamond? Can they interchange?