69 replies to this topic

#1 Zelrant

Zelrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

DISCLAIMER: My intentions are good I just wanna help people who are unfamiliar and naive to evil things around them. I am not trying to give ideas to people so please people don't do this don't get any ideas from this... if anyone gets ideas from this and victims blame me then blame the producers of Olympus has Fallen/White House Down and other movies who have shared ideas on how to penetrate the White House once that happens too... LOL

I used to a super active in the Online Ragnarok versions so i'm kind of familiar a bit with most of the things that go on in Ragnarok MMORPGs... But as I played ROVU i saw that it is really different from the Online one... but there is one thing that will surely be the same...
The People/Population/Players

The most enjoyable part in any MMORPG is that you get to interact with different kinds of people, and here in ROVU you not only get to interact with people of the same country like some MMORPGs but almost the World... there are 7 billion people in the World and almost 2 billion use the internet and about 10-20% maybe of that play MMORPGs and that's still a lot... and I'm estimating about 30k people use ROVU(based on likes on fb) and about 8.5k per server and that's still a lot...

With 8.5k people you'll get to interact with so many kinds of people you'll meet nice people, rich people, honorable people but then there are those who are evil, desperate and lazy... can't really blame some of them for taking the easy way out, since i know some people use ROVU as a means to get real life cash...

(Optional) ALL INFO ABOVE THIS IS JUST AN INTRO
IF YOU WANT TO SKIP THE BORING INTRO JUST READ THE THINGS BELOW THIS:

And now after that long and boring intro i'll get to the point... i'll warn you about Scammers
playing online Ragnarok i've encountered a lot! there are different styles and here are some that i remember...

1. THE BAIT AND SWITCH ok so the goal in any MMORPG is to get rich/strong etc so you buy things or buy and sell to get rich...  then suddenly a miracle happens someone is selling a card/item that you've been searching for for days and is selling it at an incredibly cheap price and you're so excited that you don't even check the item and just add the zenny thinking that he might change his mind(there are styles to show you that he's not sure about selling it to you) and you press OK twice! and he disappears... and you get a poring r1 card :)
Alternate: A better style for some is to show you the card first then cancel the deal and then put in diff cards... 

Lesson: there's a reason why ROVU made you press the ok buttons twice CHECK the item to be sure... especially with Cards

2. THE ACCOMPLICE TECHNIQUE ok so there you are just walking around town checking the prices of the items and looking out for buyers and sellers... you saw someone selling a weird new item for example a Quve Evo Pet(no offense Quve Pets i didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything) at 300k,  ofcourse new players don't know the use of those... then after walking a few you see someone buying a Quve Evo Pet for 500k and you get the idea that you'll profit 200k from that and bought it... then the buyer and seller suddenly disappears... 
Lesson: be informed... use search engines and read a few things before even playing... check out forums like this one this really helps a lot especially from shared experiences of players...

3. Ruby Buying - ok so i was really suprised with this one... from my experiences in old online games i would never EVER give my account and password unless i know that guy personally and I know where he lives and trust the guy...but here Ruby Buying in exchange for zennies are abundant and that surprised me cause you'd have to give your account details in order for that to be done... in the Online RO if i did that bye bye to all my equips and zenny :( 
I don't exactly get how they do it but with what i've seen it involves buying from them then the transaction doesn't go through... 
If you can please avoid this i've seen people getting scammed really hard by this and that'll suck big time since it involves real money... some innocent peope were even banned because of this scam so please be careful out there...

Lesson: avoid giving account infos, this is still the INTERNET anyone can pretend to be anyone here so be extra careful...

4. Forging Scams - i'm also not sure about this but most likely it has something to do with sup forging tools for sure forge. Sup Forging Tools are only gotten from Lucky Boxes nowadays... though older players experienced ruby promos where Warp Portal sold them at a high price... There will be players offering to +7 or +8 your item for a certain fee or zenny... Then you give your newly acquired Evil Wing S then as you give it to them they disappear... since there's no GM here this is not immediately controlled... so be extra careful... SPECIALLY THOSE LEVEL 1 CHARS with random names like hb2il3heb2hb or jbwakdbkaw...it's probably a char created just for scamming people... 

Tip: Like Ruby Scams it's better if you know the person personally... or you can see their main characters first so you can base if they are trust worthy or not... e.g. i'd trust iPhantomhives with my equips since he's too rich anyways to scam my equips  :P
Up to you how you can measure trust to people... 
before i sold Rhem an item and he gave me high amount of zenny and asked to give the card to his other char, he said he trusted people from the forums... some may judge based on char strength, activity etc but still BE CAREFUL with these kinds of deals this is the INTERNET people anyone can pretend to be anyone! good luck!

Last Reminder: BE EXTRA CAREFUL OF THOSE LEVEL 1 TRADERS/SELLERS they're the ones who have high probabilities of being scammers... of course not all but hey just be careful okay guys?

If anyone has other experiences please feel free to comment and share your experiences here for added knowledge of all... thanks a lot!

Sorry for the long post i hope this was informative... Good Luck guys happy grinding!

• ixion, iPhantomhives, TazTar and 8 others like this

#2 Rhem

Rhem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationMombasa, Kenya

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

ok, in ruby buying. you need to give your account because they wont give you their google accout for android and their apple account for ios. they will log your account in their device qnd use their account in google or apple to get you rubies. if you have a US account of apple, then that can be different coz you can buy codes and you will be the one to put it in your accout. ppl do know that buying ruby is too risky, but its a gamble. if you have 300m or 500m and you have the best equips for the current cap, what will you do to your zenny? so buying rubies to compound or craft and do other things beyond your zenny and farming is the best way to keep playing. and those evil players come in the scene, taking advantage . so the best way is to ask him to log his main character so you can trust him if he is worth of it.
  • Zelrant likes this
ajninsig.jpg fullsig.jpg  furysig.jpg
Poring Server
Acolyte - LadyRhem
Mage - RL21
Guild - Randomers
PSCiApQ.gif

#3 Zelrant

Zelrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

i've been encountering a lot of bait and switch scammers recently in Poring... careful guys!  :unsure:

• iPhantomhives and TazTar like this

#4 Zelrant

Zelrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

if you have 300m or 500m and you have the best equips for the current cap, what will you do to your zenny? 

Why not just donate to me?! come on! for charity purposes!  :D

#5 Rhem

Rhem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationMombasa, Kenya

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

hahaha.. then ask them, e never had 300m stucked on me..
ajninsig.jpg fullsig.jpg  furysig.jpg
Poring Server
Acolyte - LadyRhem
Mage - RL21
Guild - Randomers
PSCiApQ.gif

#6 Zelrant

Zelrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

Updated this with number 4. Forging Scams in case newbies encounter this  :)

• iPhantomhives likes this

#7 iPhantomhives

iPhantomhives

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

Pinned, I believe this topic could help to avoid a lot of scam issue. 

• Sloppy likes this

SKET-Dance(団)

Support, Kindness, Encouragement & Troubleshoot.

Follow me athttp://youtube.com/user/iPhantomhives Gunmicha, De, Ribura.

#8 An0nymous

An0nymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'd like to add possibly another one, I call this the crying wolf. Usually ruby sellers post on boards, but there are those who don't and you'll just know them by word of mouth. But there are times you see someone post on boards, a non familiar name, claiming to have been scammed by a semi or familiar name. Like me, I assumed he/she was legit and if I was an honest buyer, things would go smoothly. But that's not always the case. Lured by ruby in an emphatic mood, you ask questions what happened then ask if you could buy ruby since you claim you are not like other player. He/she will hesitate, enticing you to plead more, then when you come to an agreement, bam he disappears with your money. Long story short, again ruby buying is dangerous.

#9 wagpoh

wagpoh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I have tried to purchase ruby in appstore using my debit card. But always ending up failed..
Is there otherway??
Im using ios phone.
Idont have credit card or any acc in itunes.

#10 Zelrant

Zelrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I have tried to purchase ruby in appstore using my debit card. But always ending up failed..
Is there otherway??
Im using ios phone.
Idont have credit card or any acc in itunes.

Check out this thread bro... i think apple/ios/itunes doesn't accept debit cards yet...

http://valkyrieupris...-to-buy-rubies/

#11 Touchumaru

Touchumaru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

From Mimir Server, (Nusk,Crust,Credo,Noods) currently the #1scammer. By posting ruby seller&taking half payment&Logging off. They're all same players with different names so watch out new comers from Mimir
  • Zelrant likes this

#12 Zelrant

Zelrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Pinned, I believe this topic could help to avoid a lot of scam issue.

Thanks for pinning bro :D

#13 Zelrant

Zelrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:45 PM

Btw update...
I've heard of news going around that there's a new style with ruby scamming it involves zenny down payments then disappearing without giving you rubies... again careful guys i've really been seeing a huge increase in scamming nowadays... ruby buying is probably the riskiest too so be extra careful who you trust

#14 DameDameTsuna

DameDameTsuna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:02 AM

New scamming method one of my friends experienced:

My friend was asked to introduce someone who is a trusted ruby seller and so he introduced his friend (who sold him ruby before) and at the end, the seller got his zeny but he didn't buy ruby for the buyer. Now my friend is being blamed for ruby scamming along with that ruby seller. :(

Of course, my friend scolded the ruby seller for scamming but he didn't screenshot any of it. So no proof to show that he is innocent :/

Just be extra careful and screenshot guys. Better still, never give your account to anyone. B)

• iPhantomhives likes this

#15 bartjeb_21

bartjeb_21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Another scamming method for new players of ROVU who didnt know about the bugs.

spend a lot of money on this game then dev's will fuck up the game. So try to avoid buying rubies because in the end, it might just go to waste.

• iPhantomhives and Beets like this

#16 PopoPiraten

PopoPiraten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hi Guys, wanna ask something here. My friend got scammed yesterday by Kat02. He was promising twin ribbon + vvvs mini angel for 60 USD (as rubies), but in the end kat02 only gave the vvvs mini angel (not as promised before).

This is the chronology. He gave a noob account to my friend to login, so she can buy rubies worth of 60 USD for him. But in the end he didn't get the equip promised an run away.

I know it is my friend fault, she shouldn't have to trust anyone like that, but I feel so sorry for her. Is there any option she can do maybe?

I said to her to cancel the credit card payement. But idk if it's going to work.

#17 Xlaws

Xlaws

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

If thats the case then she can ask for a refund. Google play store can do refund 1-15 minutes after purchase. Idk for app store. But since its too late you can try the links from "claim ur ruby refund" thread somewhere in this forum
  • Zelrant likes this

SELLING RUBIES FOR PHP any SERVER!!

like my fb page for more info: Xlaws ruby shop

#18 MrRedz

MrRedz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

my wife scam by KingLJ in vanhalla server...he use ferrus to attract the victim so they think he can be trusted...he use lot of style in scamming...but my wife scam by BAIT AND SWITCH... at first the he show the true card and canceled for the reason he is lagging and then he switch the other card for the second deal...my wife dont think he can do that kind of thing cause he is ferrus user and it means he is a rich no need to scam right but thats his big mistake to trust and never check again the card

• Zelrant and nelizaga like this

#19 PrinceJerome

PrinceJerome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

You guys cn trust me...i sell rubies, but not too many...but deal first before i buy rubies for ur accnt :)...same IGN

#20 dxcp

dxcp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

Just a quick update, bossjhatz, bossfull, and vvvsr3p, all from valhalla server, are scammers. These characters are all owned by one guy alone. Just giving valhalla players here the heads up. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account