• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Jthree

Jthree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

Is +7 ironwood s 3/3/3 int is still a good staff for wiz lvl62?

#22 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Is +7 ironwood s 3/3/3 int is still a good staff for wiz lvl62?

It is okay, does the job. But I would keep an eye out for an upgrade. Box D should be coming soon, so you might be able to grab one of those or someone's deadwood s2 when they upgrade. 

This is pretty beast in box D for killing dullahans,

Croce Staff S2
Level: 61 / ATK: 150 / MATK: 66%
Shadow ATK + 11% MaxSP + 10%

#23 demSharks

demSharks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

Is Wand of the Trials S worth it? I might get it since VVVS Mighty Staff is very expensive, atleast for me.

#24 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Is Wand of the Trials S worth it? I might get it since VVVS Mighty Staff is very expensive, atleast for me.

If you are on a budget, why not? A lot of people got that when the game first started. Besides the sp regen component is pretty badass. 

#25 demSharks

demSharks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Any farming tips once I hit Wizard? Currently 34/31 and I think I really lack the gears to go on.

#26 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Any farming tips once I hit Wizard? Currently 34/31 and I think I really lack the gears to go on.

You dont really need gear to hit lvl 53.

I started a wizard on ran server last week. I finished the main quest line with a VS Mighty Staff, rofl. Ok I lied, I think at lvl 45 I managed to make a VVS Mighty. I had no cards or upgrades on it or anything for that matter. Used VS durable shoes, Vs muffler, VS glittering suit, GSH (thats affordable so yeah). I crafted it all with stuff I found, but people sell them for way cheaper than what it costs to make it. If you are on the old servers, you can get the VVS for pretty cheap. You do need a PT though, but wizards in general need PT.

Just ignore repeatable and sub quests until you finish main line. After that you can worry about gear and farming. You could farm elus at vs legend bears, a MS should kill them with decent gear by yourself with pots. Or join a skel party, but they might be picky with your gear. Join a guild or find friends to PT with who dont care or are willing to get stronger together.  

#27 demSharks

demSharks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

You dont really need gear to hit lvl 53.

I started a wizard on ran server last week. I finished the main quest line with a VS Mighty Staff, rofl. Ok I lied, I think at lvl 45 I managed to make a VVS Mighty. I had no cards or upgrades on it or anything for that matter. Used VS durable shoes, Vs muffler, VS glittering suit, GSH (thats affordable so yeah). I crafted it all with stuff I found, but people sell them for way cheaper than what it costs to make it. If you are on the old servers, you can get the VVS for pretty cheap. You do need a PT though, but wizards in general need PT.

Just ignore repeatable and sub quests until you finish main line. After that you can worry about gear and farming. You could farm elus at vs legend bears, a MS should kill them with decent gear by yourself with pots. Or join a skel party, but they might be picky with your gear. Join a guild or find friends to PT with who dont care or are willing to get stronger together.  

Wait what? How can I ignore repeatable and sub quests when they're the only one helping me to level up O.o?! I've been hunting VVS Mukas with moderate difficulty and the server lag is making me lose exp due to deaths and that's the only thing that I rely on leveling now or atleast.

#28 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Wait what? How can I ignore repeatable and sub quests when they're the only one helping me to level up O.o?! I've been hunting VVS Mukas with moderate difficulty and the server lag is making me lose exp due to deaths and that's the only thing that I rely on leveling now or atleast.

They were good when the game first started. But with the addition of valder main quest line, you get enough exp to hit lvl 53 just by doing the quests and handing them in. No need to grind on anything. Focus on grinding after you finish the main quest line. Grinding beforehand is kind of a waste of time since you can grind on higher lvl mobs after you finish the main quest. The higher lvl mobs will give you better loot making your time more productive.

#29 demSharks

demSharks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hmm so this main quest line will get me around level 50 without any doing any repeatable quest? Then I guess I've been wasting my time lol~ I better move my ass out. Thanks for the answers!

#30 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hmm so this main quest line will get me around level 50 without any doing any repeatable quest? Then I guess I've been wasting my time lol~ I better move my ass out. Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, no problem. If you got anymore questions, feel free to ask away.

#31 AstroStatic

AstroStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationIn Your Dreams

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

I recently created a new character and I'm 100% certain that you can reach lvl 56 with 97% (so that's almost lvl 57) just by doing your main quest until the mimic area (Main Quest ends here, Khalims not yet implemented).

• risend likes this

IGN: AstroStatic / AstroSinX

Job: Knight / Assassin

Server: Valhalla metal.gif

#32 demSharks

demSharks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

I recently created a new character and I'm 100% certain that you can reach lvl 56 with 97% (so that's almost lvl 57) just by doing your main quest until the mimic area (Main Quest ends here, Khalims not yet implemented).

Well that's gonna be easy if you can find parties. I'm actually solo'ing on the Ghoul Boots whatever 50pcs and I died like 5 times just because of the server lag. What a waste of exp :\

#33 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

I have recently tried Heaven's Drive as a third AOE for fun. I was hoping HD was an undiscovered / underrated gem that has its uses, particularly for skels (since Earth is neutral to water, plus Quagmire, right?). Turns out, it sucks. Its after cast delay is super short, sure, but the SP consumption is the same and low chance of Quagmire hurts it bad.

This means, don't get HD. Lol. Oh well, flash stick again.

Question: for PVP, should Napalm Beat be lvl 5 or is lvl 3 enough to deal heavy MS damage?

#34 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

I play on poring and ran server, both of which are missing a npc for the main quest so we stop at lvl 53. Didnt realize there was such a big difference from missing the npc. So I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

#35 demSharks

demSharks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Currently Wizard and already farming on Chonchon, feels weird because the drop rate of anything is low like it is reduced. But still, glad that I'm a wizard now :>

#36 cifrakeen

cifrakeen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

what bout the leveling build? 

#37 iceofvic

iceofvic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:53 PM

Just simply go pure int. You can't go wrong with that. Mage/Wiz are party dependent, you're not supposed to be the one tanking the damage or running to get mobs, just focus on your Staff for max damage and Stats on INT to dish out incredible damage.

For the skills, you can max out 2 bolts and their corresponding enhancements for max damage.

I suggest you get lvl 5 Fire Bolt first then level 10 enhanced fire bolt.

If you want added survivability, get Energy Coat, but again, you're not supposed to be the tank. This is just for when you're soloing early on.

Then after which, you can opt to get another bolt.

In the end you're going to use the flash stick to get your AOEs anyway once you hit job change.

Ran Server

Name : CutieCharlie ||  CutieTravis  || CharlieCutie || Wheezurd ||

Class :    Acolyte      ||  Swordsman' ||      Thief       ||    Wizard'   ||

Level :       18           ||         12         ||        29         ||       46'       ||

#38 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

For the guy who went for HD...

I also took it up for the 3rd AoE.. its AoE is the same reach as MS, although the duration is much much short, the damage per pulse is higher than SG or LoV.

I use it on BM a lot since I need to stay away from BM's AoE attack.

#39 JustPin

JustPin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for the guide. Its usefull.
But anyone know the diffrent of AoE range between MS,LoV, SG, and HD?
I still thinking about my 2nd element.

#40 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:12 AM

MS = HD, LoV and Sg are shorter range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account