Photo
- - - - -

Knight vs Mage vs Priest

knight wizard priest boss

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Best class to solo bosses(MVP) (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the three can solo boss especially MVP one's?

1. Knight (45 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Mage (8 votes [12.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

3. Priest (10 votes [15.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 drayl012

drayl012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

Which class is best for solo(Boss)?

#2 Wonderland

Wonderland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

You know, even though I rep the mage, I'm going to have to say knight. Just because wizardry doesn't work well when you can't be a distance from the monster (and most MVP have fast walking speed). Plus although priest has heal, I feel like they might run out of sp from healing themselves before they kill it because of weak attack. Knights can just spam pots.

Poring Server:
Wonderland - Lv. 3x Mage
Wasteland - Lv. 0x Acolyte
Neverland - Lv. 1x Swordsman

Mimir Server:
Solara - Lv. 1x Acolyte
Universe - Lv. 0x Swordsman
Galaxies - Lv. 0x Mage

#3 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

You know, even though I rep the mage, I'm going to have to say knight. Just because wizardry doesn't work well when you can't be a distance from the monster (and most MVP have fast walking speed). Plus although priest has heal, I feel like they might run out of sp from healing themselves before they kill it because of weak attack. Knights can just spam pots.

Same here. Even though I rep Priests/Battle Priests/Paladin Priest but I got to give it to the Knights right now. The priest has heal and Angelus yes, but with the current limitations for skill points his/her damage capabilities are greatly reduced. Not to mention card resistance and mdef is still highly debatable as of the moment. 

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#4 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 732 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

knight for bapho maybe... beyond bapho, most bosses probably won't be soloable

#5 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 732 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Same here. Even though I rep Priests/Battle Priests/Paladin Priest but I got to give it to the Knights right now. The priest has heal and Angelus yes, but with the current limitations for skill points his/her damage capabilities are greatly reduced. Not to mention card resistance and mdef is still highly debatable as of the moment. 

agree, battle priest isn't that great in rovu tbh...  Holy Hammer is nice, Angelus is nice, but that's about all they have.  With limited # of skill points it's just a waste of a priest to spec battle. You have to drop Blessing, Teleport, or something else important to even go battle spec.

Even then, Holy Hammer every 3 seconds with a Mace isn;t going to match up to a knight physical dmg output... Mace is just much lower ATK. Priests have much lower HP. Priest armor doesn't give crazy DEF like knight armor does. Battle priest stats are spread too thin,  have to get STR for damage, INT for heals, and then battlepriest obviously wants VIT but at that point you're spreading between 3 stats. Both stats and skills are spread way too thin on battle priest.

Until there's like max job 55 it's not going to work (even then, not sure it's even that viable in RO:VU due to game design). Priests should just heal... waste of a character otherwise imo. If you wanna physical dps just make a knight. 

#6 Aie

Aie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

How about the futures for VIT Mage? Can we talk about it?

#7 ixion

ixion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Location7107

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

As of now (might change if updates come), I'll vote for knight (best defense is a good offence) cute-rabbit-emoticon-02.gif

Server: Poring
IGN: mariandale (wandering priest)erekpyle (mage)

tumblr_mie10u6e8D1r3uq66o1_100.gif "A game should never feel like work, a game should never give gamer frustration or boredom. It must be amusing or entertaining." ~(hardcore rpg gamer) =OwO= [The Colossal & the Musclehead Titans where art thou?...Alas i was spoiled...you no good inernet spoiler...o(-`д´- 。)]

#8 Kei

Kei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

mages with lvl 10 firewall :)

-ive used alot of skillresets xD-

if you position right, u can just spam firewall and 2 types of bolts without having to move
(-would advise super stable internet cuz lag will eff you up :P)

Server - Poring
IGN - Kei - Mage

#9 dreamdragon

dreamdragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

people just didn't recognize how powerful priest can be... (nice)

stack int to 70 and save the rest to str....

get the mace from coin event... 

get holy hammer and holy light... heal up to 6/7... 10 blessing.... 

make sure you have 2500-3000sp...(1800-2000+hp) then go to try MVPs.... you will see how easy a priest can solo the MVP... 

i can assure you that you don't need to spam sp portions.... 

#10 JinKaze

JinKaze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

Battle Priest.

#11 Nagisachan

Nagisachan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCandyland

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Agree on the battle priest :D Sadly I dun think people realoze just how easy (and CHEAP) it is for em. Get the coin slash weapon thingy + a ton of blue pots and ur all good. Just heal when low on hp and spam hammer and light. You may not even need the blue pots sometimes (I honestly havent tried cuz im just a lowly aco but my priest friend is awesome with it)

Knights need a ton of expensive hp absorb stuff for this to work effectively Dx unless when they wanna burn cash shop pots lol
  • iPhantomhives likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: knight, wizard, priest, boss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  krazaz : (23 September 2014 - 12:59 PM) price check for succubus fe poring server?
@  udyr : (22 September 2014 - 01:46 AM) hi, i'm updating for the latest version but it keeps me update game over and over again
@  BluAzure : (18 September 2014 - 10:32 AM) Hi
@  kuccified : (18 September 2014 - 07:48 AM) how much is a magic eyes s on poring server?
@  krazaz : (18 September 2014 - 07:15 AM) @JawsQ I'm looking for "not clean" anubis and no + (ups).. I can buy it for 5M who wants to sell? poring server
@  JawsQ : (17 September 2014 - 02:47 PM) Anyone knows what is the market price for FE Alice pet in poring server?
@  JawsQ : (17 September 2014 - 02:46 PM) @ krazaz I think around 7-8m..
@  krazaz : (17 September 2014 - 02:37 PM) how much for anubis helm clean no ups-poring server
@  LordSho : (16 September 2014 - 04:05 PM) how many GC can you get without finishing the dungeons daily ?
@  LollyBels : (15 September 2014 - 02:16 AM) @Harrie, outside world you won't get ban for no reason. In ROVU the percentile of putting you in jail permanently is high even when you're not drug abuser or rapist.
@  redsiamesecat : (14 September 2014 - 03:39 AM) how much is vargarv 272atk aspd16 crit9 in ran ?
@  HarrieAlexis : (13 September 2014 - 05:53 PM) Lol Popo. Too busy on the outside rovu world. :D Never got the chance to feel 2x exp event. sigh
@  PopoPiraten : (13 September 2014 - 05:24 PM) *udyr: throu compunding r3 only
@  udyr : (13 September 2014 - 03:22 PM) hi ppl :) do you know where can i find Desert Wolf S4 Card(4) ?
@  PopoPiraten : (13 September 2014 - 03:03 PM) waaa Harrie finally comes back, WB HARRIE <3
@  HarrieAlexis : (13 September 2014 - 02:59 PM) Im afraid thats illegal Kogami. You might get in in-game jail if you do thag. You can report them to warpportal site.
@  Kogami : (13 September 2014 - 06:15 AM) how do you trade gold coin equipments, I see a lot of people trying to sell them?
@  AstroStatic : (13 September 2014 - 06:05 AM) Yellow/Red Eggs, Rank 4 Items - all random @cozmic
@  cozmic : (13 September 2014 - 04:44 AM) @JawsQ, yea ive auctioned a pile of them for around 500k, just wondering what some of the goodies you can get out of them!
@  JawsQ : (12 September 2014 - 01:53 PM) @ cozmic, Diamond box is a drop from Mimic in solo dungeon level 6. I don't think you can auction it