• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

Just did some testing to see how experience is affected when in a party. It seems like when you are in a group, exp per kill is reduced by a percentage depending on how many group members you have:

1 member - 100% (normal) exp 

17 mobs for 1% normal exp

2 members ~ 85% normal exp / kill

20 mobs for 1% normal exp

3 members ~ 75% normal exp / kill

23 mobs for 1% normal exp

did not test 4 members, one would assume  4 members is something like 65% normal exp / kill.

Contrary to popular belief, it DOES NOT divide the experience between members. As long as you are killing faster in a group, you should gain more experience and loot in a party.

abiCCJc.jpg

Please feel free to contribute any information and/or testing you have conducted as a reply to this thread. Thanks!

• leunam014, agan ganteng, RTnewscot and 1 other like this

#2 Wonderland

Wonderland

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Wow yeah I know that RO always promoted parties but I didn't know the party exp was this much. Thanks for the info Sassy, it REALLY helps!

Poring Server:
Wonderland - Lv. 3x Mage
Wasteland - Lv. 0x Acolyte
Neverland - Lv. 1x Swordsman

Mimir Server:
Solara - Lv. 1x Acolyte
Universe - Lv. 0x Swordsman
Galaxies - Lv. 0x Mage

#3 xTonay

xTonay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

thanks for the info chap

23uvo9h.jpg 

#4 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

nice ! did you take into account the level difference between members?

like when you added the second or the third party member. 

They are all rumor at this point but the level gap sometimes seems to make a difference, idk

ign: soba

class: Priest 

level: 48

guild: BOSS

server: Mimir

#5 iLuvPuppies

iLuvPuppies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAsia - Malaysia

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

which means... a priest does not gain as much as knight or wiz?

• sashimi likes this

Sever : Poring

IGN :  iLuvPuppies

Job : Priest

Level : 4x

#6 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

nice ! did you take into account the level difference between members?

like when you added the second or the third party member. 

They are all rumor at this point but the level gap sometimes seems to make a difference, idk

level difference was pretty significant, I was on a lv 38 and my alt is 17 or something. That may be somethign to look into, but I haven't yet.

which means... a priest does not gain as much as knight or wiz?

It means you should get better experience in a group, as long as you kill faster in a group.

#7 JanRei

JanRei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Level is also another factor. Too much gap and lower level player receives verry little exp. I have tried this leeching my lvl 20 aco using my knight lvl 40.

Lvl20 aco gets estimated exp with a party member

Lvl40 killing vs legend wolf = 2% xp for aco

Lvl25 Swordsman forest golem (lv25) = 2% xp for aco

The game is just so smart they're not allowing leeching a low level to be a fast and easy job. =D

#8 Anzu

Anzu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Thanks for the information!
Server : Poring
IGN : Anzu
Class : Priest
icon-flag-brazil.jpg

#9 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Level is also another factor. Too much gap and lower level player receives verry little exp. I have tried this leeching my lvl 20 aco using my knight lvl 40.

Lvl20 aco gets estimated exp with a party member

Lvl40 killing vs legend wolf = 2% xp for aco

Lvl25 Swordsman forest golem (lv25) = 2% xp for aco

The game is just so smart they're not allowing leeching a low level to be a fast and easy job. =D

it may just be that they cap the maximum amount of experience per kill some how. 

I wonder what would happen if your 40 killed a level 25 forest golem.. would they still get 2%?

#10 leunam014

leunam014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBulacan, PH

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

thanks for the information, now i know why others love to play with parties than solo. 

So when i bought my 2nd char (lvl10+) and kill lvl50+ mobs with my lvl60 wiz I can speed up leveling of my 2nd char?

Server: Asgard
IGN: leunam
Guild: N/A
DPS Swordie - lvl 34

#11 exorcyze

exorcyze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

There is an experience % cap per kill I think - I've tried leeching a lvl 1 noob on something like VS Thorn Mukas and do not instantly level up off one kill. I think it's like a 2-3% max per kill if I remember correctly.

• leunam014 likes this

Mimir : Wiz : xorcyze

#12 yabutron

yabutron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

The party works this way. It multiplies the total exp reward per kill but splits the exp to the party members.

Let's say that a monster gives 100exp if only one player kills it. With a party of two, the exp multiplier (based on your data) is 1.7. So the monster will reward 170exp which will be divided to the two players, giving them 85exp each. Then party of three has a larger multiplier, party of four gives the largest multiplier.

Regarding the level gap. I think, a difference of 10 levels will give a multiplier less than one. So for example a party of two, kills a monster, it will give 100exp x 0.7 (hypothetical) multiplier = 70exp which will then be divided by the two members each receiving 35exp. That's why it's better partying with people close to your levels.
  • leunam014 likes this

Country: Philippines    Server: Ran   Priest: yr02   Knight: yr03   Wizard: yr07   Assassin: yr18 & yr16

#13 angeldeath

angeldeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

sloppy's hypothetical computation is ok... simple but close to in game experience...
@yabutron
bout the lvl gap, ur theory is kinda off.. weve been boosting lvl1 lowbies for guildpoints.. bak then we were lvl65.. so using ur formula, thatbwould be 65-1=64.. roughly 640% (a mulitiplier decrease by 6.4 coz u said 1 per 10lvls) decrease in exp.. that would result to a negatve exp leading to a level down instead of a level up per kill.. hehe.

#14 yabutron

yabutron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

I did not say that it was 1 per 10 levels. I just said that if you had a gap of 10 or more you'll get more experience killing solo than killing in a party.

Example. (values here are for explanation purposes only)
Lvl5 player kills one poring. He gets 100exp.
Lvl5 and lvl 25 player kills one poring. They both get 35exp only. Since the multiplier is 0.7 (this is fixed, it doesnt depend on the amount of level difference). If they killed two porings, one for each member, the total only would be 70 exp which is lower than the 100exp one can receive if he went solo.

But here's the thing. Benefits of leeching even if levelgap. (values here are for explanation purposes only):
For a lvl25 player, killing porings and wolves take the same amount of time. Porings give 100exp, what if you kill a higher lvl monster? For example a wolf. It will give 400exp. Then 400x0.7 = 280. Since exp is shared, the two members will get 280 / 2 = 140 exp each. Therefore, killing wolves are better than killing porings. Plus, wolves are lureable. You can use aoe skills to kill faster.

These are only my theories about exp sharing.
  • leunam014 likes this

Country: Philippines    Server: Ran   Priest: yr02   Knight: yr03   Wizard: yr07   Assassin: yr18 & yr16

#15 angeldeath

angeldeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

the theory about the gaps cant be fully proven... it would be very hard to test the values.. anyhows, wats important to know is the basis of sharing which sloppy explained coz many are asking if it is divided equally or by some other methods.. and its supported by a test done in game.. as for the level gap thing, no need to bother really coz most parties and its composition are in their level ranges maybe +5/-5 as mean. the only time you see big gaps is when your leeching lowbies for guildpoints which doesnt matter too because those lowbies get deleted as fast as they were created.
  • yabutron likes this

#16 agan ganteng

agan ganteng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

I think ure wrong bro....

They just have 2 type of exp :
I've been researched with 4 character level 1 kill poring :

1. 1 chara kill poring alone : 100% exp : 9% base level
2. 1 chara hit poring then another character kill/hit too (not in party) = im shocked its only 66%exp : 6% base level
3. 2 chara party together kill poring : also 33%exp : 3% base level
4. 3 chara party together kill poring : also 33%exp : 3% base level
5. 4 chara party together kill poring : also 33%exp : 3% base level

Shocking result huh?
So if you hunt alone but your target monster get hit by another chara (meteor storm often did) you only get 66%exp eventhough all item drops will be yours.

If my theory true, then the best hunting party if u hunt alone or u have full party, the worst party if you hunt with only 2 members
  • yabutron likes this

#17 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hmm, interesting find. I have had some experiences where I thought the exp from party size from 3 to 4 made no difference when the kill rate remains the same. For example, having the 4th as a leecher didnt seem to drag the exp down if you are killing mobs at the same rate. I will probably add my own tests later on.  

#18 agan ganteng

agan ganteng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hmm, interesting find. I have had some experiences where I thought the exp from party size from 3 to 4 made no difference when the kill rate remains the same. For example, having the 4th as a leecher didnt seem to drag the exp down if you are killing mobs at the same rate. I will probably add my own tests later on.

I agree with u bro...

#19 Prinzeyy

Prinzeyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

2. 1 chara hit poring then another character kill/hit too (not in party) = im shocked its only 66%exp : 6% base level

Shocking result huh?
So if you hunt alone but your target monster get hit by another chara (meteor storm often did) you only get 66%exp eventhough all item drops will be yours.

If my theory true, then the best hunting party if u hunt alone or u have full party, the worst party if you hunt with only 2 members

so i guess it doesnt matter how many you are in a party, or lvl gaps.

#20 ladorada

ladorada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Shocking result huh?

based on this, you could boost a low level character by having them agro the mobs and have an out of party wiz aoe them (66%). just an observation, though not much use since main quests are still the fastest for leveling little ones.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account