• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

A lot of people ask the same questions about battlefield so I made a small guide for people who are new to battlefield.

What is battlefield?
It is basically a king of the hill type of game. The goal is to get as much points as possible. When you get 10,000 fame pts you can buy a fame box from the battlefield npc, which contains a random chance at a godly item. 

Starting time
In game, the starting time says 08:00 and 20:00. This time is Pacific DST (daylight savings time), California time. My battlefield time used to be 11am/11pm (3 hours ahead of california time). Now it is 10am/10pm because we turned our clocks back an hour and the game didn't. Time in phillipines is 11am/11pm.

Number of battlefields
There are 4 battlefields at one time. You get randomly put in one.

How to play?
In king of the hill type games, you usually have to hold on to some object and stay in an area as long as you can while people try to kill you. In battlefield, said object is being in valkyrie mode.

Three ways to become valkyrie.
  1. Destroy one of six emperiums on the map.
  2. Kill someone that is in valkyrie mode.
  3. Become randomly selected for valkyrie mode. 

Valkyrie mode lasts 2 minutes from the time you destroy the emperium. If you kill someone in valkyrie mode you inherit their timer. Sometimes you will kill someone and lose valkyrie mode 1 second afterwards. 

In valkyrie mode you gain 1 pt each tick when you are not on one of the two bases. A tick is every 5 seconds, that is when the game updates the score. The main base in the middle gives you 10 pts per tick. The top smaller base gives you 5 pts per tick. If you are in blue valkyrie mode (your wings are blue), your rate of pts are double. So it becomes 2 pts each tick not on base, 20 pts per tick main base, and 10 pts per tick smaller base on top.

Other ways you can gain pts is by killing people obviously, but the pts are different depending on who you kill. You can get between 1-8 pts depending on the lvl of the person you killed (data table is below). The score you gain by killing is called "Defeat" in game. This is your "Kills" score at the end of the battlefield btw. Record is overall points and fame is overall minus points lost from death.

PGaaiyT.png

You also get a bonus for killing people in valkyrie mode. Based on my observation, it is 5 pts for killing normal valkyrie and 10 pts for killing blue valkyrie. This score is called "Trainees killed" at the ending scoreboard. I basically counted # of normal and blue valkyries I killed to come up with that. That and the trainees killed is always in multiples of 5.

You can lose 1-8 pts when you die depending on your lvl. Evitte did all the hard work of figuring out how much pts you gain and lose depending on the enemy's or your lvl. 

Kill someone (their lvl)

71 to 80 = 8 pts

61 to 70 = 7 pts

51 to 60 = 6 pts

41 to 50 = 5 pts

31 to 40 = 4 pts

21 to 30 = 3 pts

11 to 20 = 2 pts

1 to 10 = 1 pt

The same bracketing applies to losing points when you get killed. You lose points based on your level. So this is constant depending on your level. Before hitting 71, I lose 7 pts only and gain 7 pts when I donate fame. Now I'm 71, if I die, I lose 8 pts and gain 8pts for donating fame.

You can go negative too. Sometimes I start the game off badly and die 3 times in a row and get -24pts. Nothing like playing catchup to get you going. O.o

Map
There are four warp portals on the map, one in each corner. When you enter one you have a random chance of appearing at one of the four warp portals. Yes, you can end up exactly where you are if you enter one. I have died that way a few times. It makes for a decent escape most times. The wait is pretty long though. A nice tip is that you can touch the portal and start the loading bar, but you do not have to stand on it for the whole time. You can run somewhere else and when it is done loading you will be ported to one of the four warp portals.

Scoring at the end
Trainees defeated: Pts for killing valkyries.
Kills: Pts for killing people.
Training: I think this is the # of pts you get as valkyrie when you are not on base.
Base Taken: Pts you gained for being on base as valkyrie.
Overall points: Just total of all the points.
Fame points: Overall points - total penalties for dying.

Rewards
For each battlefield session:

#1 - 2 gold ingot
#2 - 1 gold ingot
#3 - 10 gold coins
Everyone else gets 2 gold coins for participating.

When you get 10,000 fame pts you can buy a fame box. This box gives you a random chance of a bravery weapon. There is also a rare chance of getting a valkyrie box. Valkyrie box gives you a random chance of a valkyrie accessory. The chance of a valkyrie box is pretty low, maybe 10%? Not enough data yet.

Weapons
The weapons have a low and high ATK/MATK version. The high version is much rarer. The two stats you get on the weapon is random, most of the stats have a low and high version. Some don't and are just flat. Rovu.info has a list of all the possible combinations. http://rovu.info/sho...&bonus=0&trade=. Thief weapons are called valor in rovu.info not sure if they will keep that name when we get it, but list is here http://rovu.info/sho...&bonus=0&trade=.

Shining Sword (bravery) - 1 hand sword
ATK 138 or 171 with two random stats from VIT11, FLEE4, AGI6, AGI14, STR6, STR16, SP ABS 2%, HP ABS 2%, HP MAX +12%

Vargarv (bravery) - 2 hand sword
ATK 219 or 272 with two random stats from AGI12, AGI14, ASPD16, STUN 2%, STUN 3%, STR13, STR17, CRIT5, CRIT9

Kronos (bravery) - staff
MATK 25% or 66% with two random stats from WIND 10%, POSION 10%, INT12, INT13, INT16, VIT12, VIT13, SPR13, MATK16

Carga Mace (bravery) - mace
MATK 22% or 50% with two random stats from MAXHP +115, MAXHP +155, MAXHP +161, INT7, INT15, STR7, STR14, AGI7, MAXSP69

Lunar Blade (valor) - dagger
ATK 212 or 266 with two random stats from HP ABS 2%, SP ABS 2%, SP ABS 3%, AGI8, AGI10, VIT5, VIT12, STR12, ASPD5

Inverse Scar (valor) - katar
ATK 252 or 311 with two random stats from STR9, STR15, STUN3, STUN5, CRIT4, CRIT7, AGI9, SP ABS 2%, HP ABS 3%, ATK +139

Valkyrie Accessories
Rovu.info full list of possible accessories

Battle Ring of Valkyrie - swordsman
Two random stats from STR8, ALL5, STUN 3%, HP ABS 3%, MAXHP +298

Magic Ring of Valkyrie - mage
Two random stats from INT8, ALL5, MAXHP 6%, MAXHP +196

Diving Ring of Valkyrie - acolyte
Two random stats from INT7, ALL5, STR7, MAXHP 5%

Valkyrie's Agility Ring - thief
Two random stats from AGI7, STR6, VIT6, STUN4, MAXHP +189

• ixion, Cuchuflay, HaileyAlexia and 5 others like this

#2 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

I'm pretty sure, it's not flat 8 pts when you get incapacitated. The points you lose / gain when you get incapacitated depends on the lvl of the character that killed you / you killed. Killing a char at a much lower level will get you 4 points. A character of the same level will give you 6. A level higher will give you 7. Killing a char on valk may give 21 to 30 pts. Caveat: I'm not completely sure about that last one though.

#3 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

I think you are on to something. I know there is some variation, but at first I thought it had to do with how well you were doing in battlefield. I am going to have to take a closer look. I am high lvl so most people are lower lvl than me, but I get 6/7 a lot and some 8. 

Generally when I die I lose 8. Killing a char on normal valkyrie mode gives me 12-14. I think maybe it is 5 pts bonus for killing normal valkyrie and 1 pt from being in valkyrie mode (not standing on base). So if you killed the person while on base or going on base afterwards you will get an additional 10 pts. This is assuming middle base. I seen it go really high though like 38 pts for killing a blue valkyrie while on middle base. 20 pts from middle base, 8 pts from a kill, 10 pts bonus for blue valkyrie. I'll test this theory out and see what happens. 

Edit: I can confirm its 8 pts when you kill someone if they are within 2 lvls of you (above or below). I looked up the people I killed afterwards. And I always lose 8 pts, must be my lvl, heh. 

My new theory is it is split into brackets of levels. So I am lvl 7x therefore all those within a certain amount of lvl will give 8 pts, those 6x will give 7 pts, and those 5x and below will give 6pts. I killed a person 9 lvls lower than me and got 7 pts. I dont know if I ever got lower than 6 pts. I will keep an eye out. 

#4 kyokahn

kyokahn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

This is awesome, thank you.

#5 Nestle

Nestle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur Malaysia

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Wow, nice explaination. Thanks for the info !

#6 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:52 AM

I think you are on to something. I know there is some variation, but at first I thought it had to do with how well you were doing in battlefield. I am going to have to take a closer look. I am high lvl so most people are lower lvl than me, but I get 6/7 a lot and some 8. 

Generally when I die I lose 8. Killing a char on normal valkyrie mode gives me 12-14. I think maybe it is 5 pts bonus for killing normal valkyrie and 1 pt from being in valkyrie mode (not standing on base). So if you killed the person while on base or going on base afterwards you will get an additional 10 pts. This is assuming middle base. I seen it go really high though like 38 pts for killing a blue valkyrie while on middle base. 20 pts from middle base, 8 pts from a kill, 10 pts bonus for blue valkyrie. I'll test this theory out and see what happens. 

Edit: I can confirm its 8 pts when you kill someone if they are within 2 lvls of you (above or below). I looked up the people I killed afterwards. And I always lose 8 pts, must be my lvl, heh. 

My new theory is it is split into brackets of levels. So I am lvl 7x therefore all those within a certain amount of lvl will give 8 pts, those 6x will give 7 pts, and those 5x and below will give 6pts. I killed a person 9 lvls lower than me and got 7 pts. I dont know if I ever got lower than 6 pts. I will keep an eye out. 

I killed a mage for 4 pts once. Lol. I think that's the least you can get. Killing a valk will give you pts depending on how long the person has been in valk / how much the valk has been transferred from one person to another. I once killed a valk transferred twice and got 21 pts.

#7 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

Today, I saw a swordman wearing a little angel hat in battlefield. I followed him and in the name of science, I killed him. O.o plz forgive me low lvl swordie. Poor guy was probably just trying to enjoy the view beside the canal. I got 3 pts though so it was worth it! 

• HaileyAlexia and 2shontle3 like this

#8 Smokey

Smokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

thanks for the guide risend, helps clear up alot of questions for some people.
Posted Image

#9 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

Made some changes and added thief rewards. 

@Smokey No problem ^^

@evitte I think the bonus for killing valkyrie is flat 5 pts for normal and 10 pts for blue valkyrie. This is on top of the normal pts you get for killing someone. I counted the # of normal and blue valkyries I killed and this score matched exactly with the "Trainees defeated" at the end. I will try to do it again for another session later to try to confirm. Can you see if that is true for you too? Thanks.

#10 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

BTW dat battle ring of the Valkyrie... With HP absorb and all+5. Just wow, That'd be priceless.

#11 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hi Risend, about pts earned from kills, I have new data for kills. I logged in chars of different level and it seems your initial theory is in the same line as mine.

Kill someone

71 to 80 = 8 pts

61 to 70 = 7 pts

51 to 60 = 6 pts

41 to 50 = 5 pts

31 to 40 = 4 pts

21 to 30 = 3 pts

11 to 20 = 2 pts

1 to 10 = 1 pt

the same bracketing applies to losing points when you get killed. You lose points based on your level. So this is constant depending on your level. Before hitting 71, I lose 7 pts only and gain 7 pts when I donate fame. Now I'm 71, if I die, I lose 8 pts and gain 8pts for donating fame.

• risend likes this

#12 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Nice, really good work there evitte. I will add it to the guide and credit the master scientist.  :D

#13 chr1sb

chr1sb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Are we certain that rank #4 and #5 only gets the 2gc at the end?

Selling r4 Sif Belt clean (Valhalla server)
Accessory / Thief Class
Level: 51 / DEF:5 / MDEF:10 / Stun +2% HP Absorb 2%

Buying r4 Drake card 6m

#14 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

Are we certain that rank #4 and #5 only gets the 2gc at the end?

100% certain. 

#15 Quitting

Quitting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:06 AM

Hi guys. This is from the Battlefield a few minutes ago. I would like to report this DPS character which i have stalking almost a month already. He has been using speedhack for already 2months and he is always getting thesame fame points. Hope you guys could do something about this because they are destroying the game.
As you can see below. He only killed like a few and died more than 50% of his kills. Total UNFAIRNESS.And he stood in on the biggest platform for a few times only. And i was there to see it with my own eyes. Please do something.

http://imageshack.com/i/5g30oep]
http://imagizer.imag.../c/196/30oe.png[/IMG][/URL]

#16 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

I am looking at his points, it says no one killed him. Overall points matched fame points. O.o

Kills points are for killing people, Defeated points are for killing valkyries. I'm curious, do you guys have a non-aggression pact on ran server? The base taken is very high. On poring we slaughter all who dares look at the base, heh. 

Anyways, you have to report it to support.warpportal.com with screenshots or maybe a video if you have one of him speed hacking. Nothing we can do here unfortunately. If I could, I would definitely investigate, heh. I have seen people that seem to move across the screen faster than possible even if you factor in lag, they shouldn't be able to fire off their skills in perfect order under lag.

On another note, his score is immaculate. Is he hard to kill? I am going to have to ask my friends on ran server.

#17 remired

remired

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Sorry, which one are u refering to?

#18 Quitting

Quitting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

There a are a lot of speed hackers in ran server. I have a list of names here. I could say it if you want me too. But if you couldn't do anything then i wont :-)

#19 Quitting

Quitting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Yeah it says on the screen shot the right amount of fame. Coz a normal valk gets 10 per 5 secs. Then 20 if white valk. But if you use SPEED HACK during battlefield. You'll double your fame points like 40per 5 secs. Or maybe more. Why cant they just play normal? I'm tired of speed hackers =( SO UNFAIR!

#20 knieves14

knieves14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

In my opinion, i think that is legit, no speedhack or sumting.
I concluded this becos im also a dps in poring.
From his score i thnik he only killed white valkyries. So im guessing h prolly know my technique haha.
Theres a technique where in u get high pts w/o takig the risk of dying in middle plane.
Idk if its bug or sumting. But it requires luck and rily good timing.

IGN: justgotlucky
Server: poring
Level: 65
Highest bf pt: 1500+
For lvl 65 i think 1500 is high.. take note my set isnt complete yet heh
  • HaileyAlexia likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account