10 replies to this topic

#1 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

Introduction
Hi, I am writing a more detailed guide for people who are new to the game trying to forge their armors/weapons since people ask the same questions pretty often. The old discussion thread is at Weapon/Armor Forging vs. % Success Chance Table where Toshihiro1314 provided us with tables he found from taiwanese forums.  I felt it was outdated because a lot of the discussion was done in the early part of the game where no one really knew what was going on and I believe they changed our rates since then. I will answer all the commonly asked questions in one post so it is easier to refer to.

How to forge
There are two blacksmith npcs in Lan Forta and Valder. One does normal forging and one does precision forging. The difference between the two is that precision forging protects your item from breaking when you fail. You need 1 Sup.Forging Tool in your inventory in order to precision forge. And you need either an Oridecon for weapons or elunium for armors. Oridecons and eluniums are made by refining 10 of the rough versions.

When you are forging you can improve your chance of succeeding greatly by using a condensed elunium or oridecon along with your normal elunium or oridecon. My personal advice is use condensed after +3 or +4. But you don't have to, it just saves some headaches. Always use condensed with tools though. 

Note: There is a mis-label with the precision tool npc. The second button "Refine Elemental Stones" is actually the one for upgrading weapons. The third button "Enchant Weapon" is for armors. 

Qg5MuCDl.png

Armor/Weapon safety and breaking point
Armors and weapons safety point is up to +5. So it is safe to go from +4 to +5. Failing will only cause your item to degrade by 1. This means at +4 going to +5 it will degrade to +3.

Armors and weapons start to break at +5 going to +6. You need to use a Sup. Forging Tool at this point to prevent it from breaking when you fail. It will still degrade by 1 though if you fail.

How to obtain Sup. Forging Tool
There are five ways to get tools. The easiest way is to wait for Sup. Forging Tool events. They come about once every two months. You get tools as a bonus for buying a certain # of rubies. As follows:

10 Rubies = X
50 Rubies = X
210 Rubies = 3 Sup. Forging Tools
540 Rubies = 8 Sup. Forging Tools
1100 Rubies = 20 Sup. Forging Tools

The only truly free way of getting a tool is the one you get as a quest reward. It is part of the main line of quests. You get it as a reward for the first quest you do in Valder from the npc Julia. Not repeatable sadly.

Other methods include lucky boxes, the spin wheel, and shining blue box. Lucky boxes are bought in the ruby shop for 5 rubies and have about a 5% chance of yielding a tool. This used to be the ONLY way of getting tools in the beginning of the game. It is very unreliable and not recommended unless you can use what it drops. Rovu has a list of what is inside http://rovu.info/lucky.php

The spin wheel is just as unreliable as lucky boxes. You have about a .5% chance of getting the 2 tools and 1% of getting a single tool. This was estimated based on a collection of data from people trying to get the rare during the spin wheel event. That thread is here. In the future they might just remove this option as they replace the spin wheel items randomly.

Finally, you can get one from Shining blue box, which is obtained from completing the Prison of Trials npc in Lan Forta. Very low chance of getting a tool here too, maybe 1-2%. Rovu.info has a list of what you can get from that box as well http://rovu.info/shining.php

Success rate
There are two tables with success rate. One is from the taiwanese forums (original source: http://forum.gamer.c...snA=3534&tnum=4). Those tables were from korea's servers. They don't apply to us because we don't have superior forging kits in our ruby shop so our rate is a bit higher than theirs. But it is good to know as a comparison. Also urgametips.com has rates of their own, which seem closer to ours. http://www.urgametip...and-armor.html. Below are the same tables that I just made a little prettier to read. 

At the end of the day all the tables are estimates. Your results will vary. 

Armor Success Rate
FwZWJb4.png

International Weapon Success Rate
9Zcwl73.png

Korean/Taiwan Weapon Success Rate
eXWiW0f.png

• AstroStatic, yabutron, iceofvic and 1 other like this

#2 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Lol... the things I missed for starting late in the game... that spin was insane!

This is an outstanding guide, thanks a lot!

#3 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationValhalla & Poring

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

I honestly think risend should apply with WarpPortal's develop team to fix the erroneous information.

On that note, if you break your item without utilizing the precision forge or without Sup. Forge, you can forget also submitting a ticket. Your error basically is none of their concern.

Source: Myself and the response I got from WarpPortal :(

Advice: Do not spam the forging button, even if you are lagging. Wait, look at the upgrade number and proceed. Stop at the 5th upgrade then go to the precision forge.

#4 PopoPiraten

PopoPiraten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

yes thumbs up for Jaleah, they won't really care much. Just +8 my staff today after maintenance, take screenshoot immediately ( cause BF happens every 30 mins and maybe they gonna do emergency patch for mimir again today), to avoid roll back issue.. now I'm pretty paranoid when new maintenance comes :o

#5 PopoPiraten

PopoPiraten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

and the rubies bonus is incorrect at mimir server, bough 1100 rubies with 20% bonus should be 1320, but only get 1300..! nice rovu nice... sent  a ticket again :angry: :(

#6 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

yes thumbs up for Jaleah, they won't really care much. Just +8 my staff today after maintenance, take screenshoot immediately ( cause BF happens every 30 mins and maybe they gonna do emergency patch for mimir again today), to avoid roll back issue.. now I'm pretty paranoid when new maintenance comes :o

LMFAO @ paranoia

Thanks, sucks bad though because the item is hard to make :(

#7 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

@Popop Nope, that is correct. It has always been like that. You don't get bonus rubies on top of the bonus rubies. 1000 rubies is what you are buying. 100 is bonus on top. the 20% applies only to what you buy. It has been like this as long as the event has been around I believe.

Yeah, screenshots are good for important items. There was a precision forge bug once where items broke even though you had a sup tool. Think it took warpportal 1-2 months to give people their items back.

@Jaleah That sucks. Yeah, they don't care since you're a noob, heh.  :P

#8 Nestle

Nestle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur Malaysia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

and the rubies bonus is incorrect at mimir server, bough 1100 rubies with 20% bonus should be 1320, but only get 1300..! nice rovu nice... sent  a ticket again :angry: :(

Bro, you are actually buying 1000 rubies with 100 free rubies. The 20% free is from the 1000. Total 1000 + 100 + 20% from 1k (200) = 1300 rubies. You did get the correct amount.

#9 iceofvic

iceofvic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

Those numbers drop insanely low after +5 even with condensed. More cash more ups. Lol.

Ran Server

Name : CutieCharlie ||  CutieTravis  || CharlieCutie || Wheezurd ||

Class :    Acolyte      ||  Swordsman' ||      Thief       ||    Wizard'   ||

Level :       18           ||         12         ||        29         ||       46'       ||

#10 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Bro, you are actually buying 1000 rubies with 100 free rubies. The 20% free is from the 1000. Total 1000 + 100 + 20% from 1k (200) = 1300 rubies. You did get the correct amount.

Finally the correct amount 1320 :) similar issue was posted on another thread http://valkyrieupris...unt/#entry26977
  • Gforce likes this

#11 PopoPiraten

PopoPiraten

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

@Popop Nope, that is correct. It has always been like that. You don't get bonus rubies on top of the bonus rubies. 1000 rubies is what you are buying. 100 is bonus on top. the 20% applies only to what you buy. It has been like this as long as the event has been around I believe.

Yeah, screenshots are good for important items. There was a precision forge bug once where items broke even though you had a sup tool. Think it took warpportal 1-2 months to give people their items back.

@Jaleah That sucks. Yeah, they don't care since you're a noob, heh.  :P

I just got my 40 rubies refunded... the amount was false :)

• Jaleah likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account