#1 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Things to remember:
1. There are different Abyss dungeon instances at a time. There should be a minimum of 2. This makes it hard to actually plan for parties.

2. Most of the damage that you will receive will come from the insane poison aoe of the boss monsters. You can easily counter this by bringin tons of green pots.

3. The screen shows if the boss is about to cast a spell. So get your pots readdoesn'te you see stuff like: Throw! Capture! Earthquake! - Moving away will not be too usefull because you are not fast enough to get out of the aoe area in time. Assasins should be able to dodge some aoes with a well timed back slide.

4. Skill bug will happen when you least expect it. Be mindful of your character and hit bwing right away when you see your character not obeying your commands. Once in forta cc and then go back to the dwarf npc. Don't worry, your points won't reset.

5. Contrary to what everyone is saying, people are not actually running around to lure the boss. Keep in mind that the boss has a global targetting area. It targets anyone on the map (chance increases with proximity) and chases that character until it dies. So there will really be instances where the boss will suddenly rush towards the poor lvl 3x guy sitting in the corner of the room.

6. Provoke doesn't make the boss switch targets. I tried it hundreds of times, it just ignores my knight.
  • risend, yabutron, Hellblades and 2 others like this

#2 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

Schedule:
Manila time: 10am & 10:30am

#3 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

Nelizaga, you might as well make an abyss dungeon guide since all this great information is applicable to everyone and keep server specific things in these threads? Just an idea. Great post btw, a lot more informative than some people in game yelling at others.  :D

• binbin likes this

#4 Vadereus

Vadereus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

In ran, theres a lot of Supermans try to kill it themselves n at the end got roared to death. :D

#5 yabutron

yabutron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

I thought of something risky, but still needs to be proven to be effective.

Basic Strategy (superman with three fan girls):

1 DPS with full HP cards. He doesn't need HP absorb and % damage. Just need to hit the Boss for 20 mins. /heh

Supporting him is 3 Priests to heal the DPS and each other to make sure that no one would die. /fsh

Q: Why there are no elemental bonus cards?

A: If you will not die, i am sure you'll deal more amount of damage to the Boss compared to Elem Specialized DPS that die every now and then.

Q: Why is there no lifesteal?

A: The Boss deal a great DPS to all players, life steal won't help you recover the lost exp from its spells. Increase your damage per second instead of equipping HP absorb,

I volunteer to be one of the Priest. :)

• anke and Hellblades like this

Country: Philippines    Server: Ran   Priest: yr02   Knight: yr03   Wizard: yr07   Assassin: yr18 & yr16

#6 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

I thought of something risky, but still needs to be proven to be effective.

Basic Strategy (superman with three fan girls):
1 DPS with full HP cards. He doesn't need HP absorb and % damage. Just need to hit the Boss for 20 mins. /heh
Supporting him is 3 Priests to heal the DPS and each other to make sure that no one would die. /fsh

Q: Why there are no elemental bonus cards?
A: If you will not die, i am sure you'll deal more amount of damage to the Boss compared to Elem Specialized DPS that die every now and then.

Q: Why is there no lifesteal?
A: The Boss deal a great DPS to all players, life steal won't help you recover the lost exp from its spells. Increase your damage per second instead of equipping HP absorb,

I volunteer to be one of the Priest. :)

This sounds great, but the only problem is that the 3 fs needs to be similarly equiped. Just imagine all of them going down in 1 poison aoe...

What i want to propose is a 1 dps, 2 fs and 1 safety wall wiz. That should raise survivability and dps of the party...

Alternatively, may i propose that on the intermediate boss, only one main tank stands on the middle with his fs so that he will agro the boss from the start. Once the boss starts chewing on him, all the others can run to the middle and take their share of the pie.
  • Hellblades likes this

#7 Hellblades

Hellblades

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

yr02 and idlehands will really make a nice pair, their plans might work. /no1

(i'm a stalker like sensei risend. sshh.)

#8 voyboy

voyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Bring GREEN POTS. 

#9 kurox24

kurox24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

No one ever wants to buff me lol. And the ppl that want me to join their pt is all low dps lol.

• Hellblades likes this

#10 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:34 PM

Abyss dungeon later at 10am & 10:30am manila time.

Things to bring:

60 white pots
60 blue pots
60 green pots
Buff foods if you have

For walls:
1. Bring a one handed sword with atleast 150 atk. Yes, drop those vvvs orc sword. The 10vit and 2 hpa is nothing compared to the additional dps that we can get.
2. On intermediate abyss, just look for dwarf statues and hit em if you cannot tank the boss. Once you turn dwarf, go back to the boss and start hitting em hard. Give priority to dagger sins and dps knights though for the last hit. But if there is none, your a better pick than wizards and priests.
3. Break those green pots right away when you see the poison status.

For dps characters:
1. Drop your succubus and hpa stuff. Just focus and str equips. You will die no matter what you do... Just accept it and deal as much damage as you can. Hpa gear will probably useful once we start getting more organized in terms of building parties in abyss.

For FS:
1. Do what you're supposed to do. Spam heal and buffs to everyone even if they're not in your party.

For wizards:
1. Business as usual... Just spam those fiery meatballs. Be more strategic in terms of distance though. I've seen some in krovu where wizards stand right beside the boss before casting.

See you later guys!
  • Hellblades and Arz777 like this

#11 kurox24

kurox24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

whats goin on ran! idk about others but the room im usualy in fails intermedite....

Statues guys be on top of that shit! Call it out when you see em.

Remember Intermediate is not for fame and glory like novice

its about team work we all want to win

#12 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

whats goin on ran! idk about others but the room im usualy in fails intermedite....

idk. But the room that I get in usually clears the intermediate dungeon.

Btw, Walls, just stay at the statue area to keep it locked down, then give way to dps when statue is about to die. Most stupid thing i've seen is wiz getting d dwarf for him self.

#13 kurox24

kurox24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:37 AM

I must get the room with the afkrs

#14 VVVSLESS

VVVSLESS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

WIz doesn't need to get the statue on the intermediate abyss.. They can help damaging it but it would be useful if the dwarf state is given to aspd types.. just saying.. 

yesterday i saw a wiz as a dwarf.. I was like, FADAWA?! ..

#15 Cutter

Cutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I saw a wiz took the statues twice in one intermediate abyss then I realized that some ppl still dont know their roles in intermediate abyss. I did try to tell "him" in public channel but I dont really know if he got it or not.

BTW, i was often with a lot of AFKers in intermediate abyss too, which really made me mad.........(especially, more than 50% of intermediate abyss I attanded ended up fail to kill the bosses....)

#16 voyboy

voyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:39 AM

They all just want that free 1 ruby. 100k entrance = 1ruby. Not bad. 

#17 Ardnaxe26

Ardnaxe26

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIn a pineapple under a tree

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

1. Never-ending DC
2. Greedy ppl bringing in dummy chars
3. AFK ppl

But recently, I noticed that Ran is able to accomplish intermediate abyss more often. Some of them under 10min. Way to go!

#18 Ardnaxe26

Ardnaxe26

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationIn a pineapple under a tree

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

WIz doesn't need to get the statue on the intermediate abyss.. They can help damaging it but it would be useful if the dwarf state is given to aspd types.. just saying.. 
yesterday i saw a wiz as a dwarf.. I was like, FADAWA?! ..

ALL chars are needed to get dwarf, it is just that WIZ and FS chars are highly discouraged. On the plus side, wiz have 2-3 bolt combo that hastens dwarf statue destruction.

I once received Dwarf by accident (I think someone died and passed it to me), some ppl forced me to go over the black area. WHY? i don't think a few minutes of dwarf weighs over restarting and keep on dying whilst casting MS near the boss.

I get your point on what a wiz should do, but seeing your FADAWA reaction makes me on the fence on how you see some wiz on dwarf status. It's not about us having dwarf, it's about everyone cooperating together, AND what matters is that people in Dwarf costumes hit the boss.

PS. When I went to the black area (since I followed their plea), I noticed that my dwarf was passed on to a lvl 17 afker on west entrance. AWESOME!

#19 VVVSLESS

VVVSLESS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

it's just that SOME of 'em just purposely get the statue thinking like, "HEY THIS IS ABYSS, IF I GET DWARF MAYBE I GET MORE PIECES LIKE NOVICE ABYSS. MIGHT AS WELL TAKE IT" 

We failed with only 1 percent of the BOSS's hp left.. ONE percent.. O N E P E R C E N T. . and it was Key Piece D.. 

OH well.. 

GREEEEEDDYY people .. maybe.. 

#20 Cutter

Cutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

ALL chars are needed to get dwarf, it is just that WIZ and FS chars are highly discouraged. On the plus side, wiz have 2-3 bolt combo that hastens dwarf statue destruction.

I once received Dwarf by accident (I think someone died and passed it to me), some ppl forced me to go over the black area. WHY? i don't think a few minutes of dwarf weighs over restarting and keep on dying whilst casting MS near the boss.

I get your point on what a wiz should do, but seeing your FADAWA reaction makes me on the fence on how you see some wiz on dwarf status. It's not about us having dwarf, it's about everyone cooperating together, AND what matters is that people in Dwarf costumes hit the boss.

PS. When I went to the black area (since I followed their plea), I noticed that my dwarf was passed on to a lvl 17 afker on west entrance. AWESOME!

First of all, I agree that we should have enough ppl to get the statues down asap. However, in the later phase of the boss fight, I used to see a tons of minions killing players even before players can hit the boss. So if wiz can help to kill the minions before they get too many, I think its better for overall boss fight.

Second, as a DPS knight, I can NOT use any skill when I am in Dwarf mode. Are you sure you can still cast MS near the boss?? Plz let me know since I never play wiz.

If you also can NOT case skills then you realize that DPS knight has the advantage since the high ASPD. (ATK and MATK do not affect the damage output in Dwarf mode)

PS. If I remember correctly, intermediate abyss require Lv40 to enter. Your buff maybe passed to an AFKer but definitely not Lv17.

( Additionally, I personally hate AFKer so much. So I tried to send tickets to WP and asked them not even give a key piece to ppl who did "0" damage.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account