HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

And here's for my fellow Asgardians! :)

I will be quoting some important points from other post. For our reference:

Main problems seem to be:

1. People running away trying to stay alive after getting boss agro - this basically caused the boss to be dragged around the map, a full circle in fact, most meteor storms ended up missing.

2. No one casting provoke I assume in order to hold boss in one spot - perhaps they are scared of dying and not getting enough points?

3. Killing dwarf for buffs - was done maybe only a small number of times

The DPS was definitely there though, at least in the room I was in. More than capable of taking it down, it just was hectic. Half way through I think people lost hope too. Heh, was so smooth yesterday, boss was in middle the whole time. 

Some ideas for solutions.

1. If you get agro, just die if you can't handle it. Do not try to run. A respawn is a few seconds away. Running makes all the wizards miss their AOE and less chance of killing.

2. Need a designated tank who willing to provoke and priests in his pt - going to be hard since a lot of high lvls not read this forum. I will ask around though. 

3. If your dps/gears are not good and you can't handle the front line, please keep one of the dwarf statues on lockdown for global buffs. I think it is every 3 minutes? On a plus side, when you are in dwarf you get buffs so yay! But you can't use skill so just jump off the cliff if you want to be back to normal. 

Oh well, still first week. Hopefully we can get these raid bosses on farm status soon.

Anyone else got ideas, feel free to add them. Good luck to all of us in next one.  :D

Intermediate is a bit tough sometimes, but getting there. 

1. Earth goes down easy because of meteor storm/fire bolt

2. Poison goes down pretty reliably too

3. Wind is very fickle. Thunder bolt/LoV does less damage to the boss and people have it because of skels/raydrics

4. Shadow is pretty tough. It is down to the wire if we do make it or we are just completely off.

That being said, the number of force app closes in each session is a big determination on whether we win or not. Too many force apps make morale drop badly too, heh. 

Another thing that people misunderstood is that when boss moves, they automatically assume that someone is running and keep on shouting and typing which doesn't really help the situation and just reduce the damage they could have made instead.

The reason behind this is when the character is targeted by the boss dies, it automatically moves to chase its party mates whether it is on the other side of the map. Say, you have 2 people in party and one is targeted by the boss, then the one targeted dies and it shifts its attn to you. Then your partymate respawn on the far side of map and then you die, the boss will then chase the other one so it moves from the middle until it reaches your partymate. So with all the dying and respawning, its just an endless loop until both of you die at the same time and it shifts to other parties.

So how do we avoid this?
1. Everyone except for tanks stay away from the middle at the start of the game and let tanks get agro first.
2. Wiz and dps should avoid partying with tanks so priest can focus on keeping tank alive. Especially when mobs are summoned, you'll just be targeted by the mobs if your in a party with the tank.
3. If you realize that ur party got agro and u dont have tank, disband your party so the agro will shift to other party then create new one.
4. If you are a stone breaker or camper, don't party with anyone in the middle, better yet, don't party at all since you're just waiting to be turned to dwarf anyway.

Things to remember:
1. There are different Abyss dungeon instances at a time. There should be a minimum of 2. This makes it hard to actually plan for parties.

2. Most of the damage that you will receive will come from the insane poison aoe of the boss monsters. You can easily counter this by bringin tons of green pots.

3. The screen shows if the boss is about to cast a spell. So get your pots readdoesn'te you see stuff like: Throw! Capture! Earthquake! - Moving away will not be too usefull because you are not fast enough to get out of the aoe area in time. Assasins should be able to dodge some aoes with a well timed back slide.

4. Skill bug will happen when you least expect it. Be mindful of your character and hit bwing right away when you see your character not obeying your commands. Once in forta cc and then go back to the dwarf npc. Don't worry, your points won't reset.

5. Contrary to what everyone is saying, people are not actually running around to lure the boss. Keep in mind that the boss has a global targetting area. It targets anyone on the map (chance increases with proximity) and chases that character until it dies. So there will really be instances where the boss will suddenly rush towards the poor lvl 3x guy sitting in the corner of the room.

6. Provoke doesn't make the boss switch targets. I tried it hundreds of times, it just ignores my knight.

KILL!

Credits to Risend, SuperNin, Nelizaga, Kolja

#2 compacity

compacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

haha, i guess everyone ll solo in asgard @harriealexis huhuhu,no reply so far....

#3 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

haha, i guess everyone ll solo in asgard @harriealexis huhuhu,no reply so far....

Yeah. Sob. But i still believe that we have team work. :))

Merry christmas @compacity!

#4 chirojenic

chirojenic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

frequently we dont succeed on intermediate because MVP is being lured all over the map.. lol

#5 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

frequently we dont succeed on intermediate because MVP is being lured all over the map.. lol

Hi Chiro! Nice to see you here. Yeah. Because they keep on running. :s plus, we are few but many 1st jobs tho. Lol

#6 compacity

compacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

n today we succeeded killin da idiot boss on inter....eventhou i hv almost 16 fc......

usin quite funny method actually...huhu
me in pt of dps shielder n 3 priest includin myself....da dps shielder at front while me at his back healin him...n 2nd priest healin me n da 3rd priest stay behind da second priest...range wise....n wen da idiot boss use da skill dat pull me to center...we juz switch places....da 2nd priest goin 1st place n 3rd priest goin 2nd,n me at front...either die or fc will go back to da 3rd place...haha,quite funny,but we last till da boss die...huhuhuhu

#7 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

O fck. You just did! I over slept a while ago. Omg. Anyways, thats a good method. Good job! I guess no runner this time huh?

#8 compacity

compacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:37 AM

huhuhu, run to lure boss?no way hahaha...its quite good dat no one keep provokin da boss...today i guess i ll try again.....

#9 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:34 AM

Sad thing is, the good players find Abyss Dungeon very boring. Few of the ones that rank top in BF play abyss. Can't blame them. No NPC to piece the boxes together, makes little sense to play.

#10 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Especially in intermediate evitte. So sad. :/

#11 compacity

compacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

yup,kinda wasting time in der

#12 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

Please do not get bored. I promise you guys, we're not wasting our time. Remember our loots right after the dungeon? This is how to make it manually.

mcq9.jpg

oxy0.jpg

s3ze.jpg

#13 compacity

compacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

lol,da requirement item.....kinda makin me gulpin....hahaha,anyway,thx @harriealexis...well, i m still wastin my time.....in abyss,hahaha....hv fun ;)

#14 Shinkiro

Shinkiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

Ummm are those sup forges?how many box pieces will u craft per set? If 1 lmao thats ridiculous. Anyways its always fun and good to go to abyss seeing how the rivals work as a team.

#15 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:01 AM

They aren't sup forges. Some other item you can buy in ruby shop. But still ridiculous.

#16 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

Turns out, our version only requires box pieces! Hooray? But wait, you can't buy the keys yet. :(

#17 fern1e

fern1e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

I tried to craft Dwarf Box A today but nothing happened. I'm using Android phone.

#18 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:03 AM

Hi fernie, currently bugged so we, androids, cant make one yet. Swt

#19 fern1e

fern1e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

That was frustrating Harrie. I know now why only 3 players hit the boss of Intermmediate.

#20 fern1e

fern1e

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

Update: I can craft now the Dwarf Box A at Compo NPC using my Android phablet. I think it's already fixed.

So Argardians... Let's kick the bosses in the Abyss. HIT, DIE and RESPAWN nothing to loose. Just don't RUN and RUN when the boss is hitting you. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account