And here's for my fellow Asgardians!
I will be quoting some important points from other post. For our reference:
Main problems seem to be:
1. People running away trying to stay alive after getting boss agro - this basically caused the boss to be dragged around the map, a full circle in fact, most meteor storms ended up missing.
2. No one casting provoke I assume in order to hold boss in one spot - perhaps they are scared of dying and not getting enough points?
3. Killing dwarf for buffs - was done maybe only a small number of times
The DPS was definitely there though, at least in the room I was in. More than capable of taking it down, it just was hectic. Half way through I think people lost hope too. Heh, was so smooth yesterday, boss was in middle the whole time.
Some ideas for solutions.
1. If you get agro, just die if you can't handle it. Do not try to run. A respawn is a few seconds away. Running makes all the wizards miss their AOE and less chance of killing.
2. Need a designated tank who willing to provoke and priests in his pt - going to be hard since a lot of high lvls not read this forum. I will ask around though.
3. If your dps/gears are not good and you can't handle the front line, please keep one of the dwarf statues on lockdown for global buffs. I think it is every 3 minutes? On a plus side, when you are in dwarf you get buffs so yay! But you can't use skill so just jump off the cliff if you want to be back to normal.
Oh well, still first week. Hopefully we can get these raid bosses on farm status soon.
Anyone else got ideas, feel free to add them. Good luck to all of us in next one.
Intermediate is a bit tough sometimes, but getting there.
1. Earth goes down easy because of meteor storm/fire bolt
2. Poison goes down pretty reliably too
3. Wind is very fickle. Thunder bolt/LoV does less damage to the boss and people have it because of skels/raydrics
4. Shadow is pretty tough. It is down to the wire if we do make it or we are just completely off.
That being said, the number of force app closes in each session is a big determination on whether we win or not. Too many force apps make morale drop badly too, heh.
Another thing that people misunderstood is that when boss moves, they automatically assume that someone is running and keep on shouting and typing which doesn't really help the situation and just reduce the damage they could have made instead.
The reason behind this is when the character is targeted by the boss dies, it automatically moves to chase its party mates whether it is on the other side of the map. Say, you have 2 people in party and one is targeted by the boss, then the one targeted dies and it shifts its attn to you. Then your partymate respawn on the far side of map and then you die, the boss will then chase the other one so it moves from the middle until it reaches your partymate. So with all the dying and respawning, its just an endless loop until both of you die at the same time and it shifts to other parties.
So how do we avoid this?
1. Everyone except for tanks stay away from the middle at the start of the game and let tanks get agro first.
2. Wiz and dps should avoid partying with tanks so priest can focus on keeping tank alive. Especially when mobs are summoned, you'll just be targeted by the mobs if your in a party with the tank.
3. If you realize that ur party got agro and u dont have tank, disband your party so the agro will shift to other party then create new one.
4. If you are a stone breaker or camper, don't party with anyone in the middle, better yet, don't party at all since you're just waiting to be turned to dwarf anyway.
Things to remember:
1. There are different Abyss dungeon instances at a time. There should be a minimum of 2. This makes it hard to actually plan for parties.
2. Most of the damage that you will receive will come from the insane poison aoe of the boss monsters. You can easily counter this by bringin tons of green pots.
3. The screen shows if the boss is about to cast a spell. So get your pots readdoesn'te you see stuff like: Throw! Capture! Earthquake! - Moving away will not be too usefull because you are not fast enough to get out of the aoe area in time. Assasins should be able to dodge some aoes with a well timed back slide.
4. Skill bug will happen when you least expect it. Be mindful of your character and hit bwing right away when you see your character not obeying your commands. Once in forta cc and then go back to the dwarf npc. Don't worry, your points won't reset.
5. Contrary to what everyone is saying, people are not actually running around to lure the boss. Keep in mind that the boss has a global targetting area. It targets anyone on the map (chance increases with proximity) and chases that character until it dies. So there will really be instances where the boss will suddenly rush towards the poor lvl 3x guy sitting in the corner of the room.
6. Provoke doesn't make the boss switch targets. I tried it hundreds of times, it just ignores my knight.
Credits to Risend, SuperNin, Nelizaga, Kolja