47 replies to this topic

#1 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:16 PM

I might as well be the one, right?

Last two abyss dungeons, we took down novice and intermediate. But the other room had problems with intermediate, failed to take it down. I wasn't in the other room the whole time, but main complaint people had was not enough damage. I will make a notice in message board 1 hour and another 30 minutes before abyss time so people are aware. 

Other than that, intermediate is not a competition to see who does most damage like novice. Please help each other out, throw buffs/heals around on high dps characters. I believe you get pts for healing. 

People with low dps, but high aspd can take down the dwarf statues on the top left or bottom right platforms. These gives everyone buffs and increases their damage done, you yourself get a boost in damage when you are in dwarf form, but you cannot use skills. That is why it is preferable for a fast auto-attacker to get the dwarf (last hit I believe). When the dwarf is locked down, it is super easy.

Remember, if the boss doesn't die then no one gets anything. Team work! I have already seen rivals in bf party with each other to kill the boss. It is a nice change in pace from the kill all bf mentality. 

• Arz777 and Inteniaeffori like this

#2 Smokey

Smokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

What's the times of Abyss Dungeon for EST timezone? I'm game, time to bring my DPS knight out of retirement.

Posted Image

#3 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

9pm est for novice and 9:30 est for intermediate

#4 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

Novice down both rooms. Intermediate only got down to half health on both rooms. Just some notes.

Main problems seem to be:

1. People running away trying to stay alive after getting boss agro - this basically caused the boss to be dragged around the map, a full circle in fact, most meteor storms ended up missing.

2. No one casting provoke I assume in order to hold boss in one spot - perhaps they are scared of dying and not getting enough points?

3. Killing dwarf for buffs - was done maybe only a small number of times

The DPS was definitely there though, at least in the room I was in. More than capable of taking it down, it just was hectic. Half way through I think people lost hope too. Heh, was so smooth yesterday, boss was in middle the whole time. 

Some ideas for solutions.

1. If you get agro, just die if you can't handle it. Do not try to run. A respawn is a few seconds away. Running makes all the wizards miss their AOE and less chance of killing.

2. Need a designated tank who willing to provoke and priests in his pt - going to be hard since a lot of high lvls not read this forum. I will ask around though. 

3. If your dps/gears are not good and you can't handle the front line, please keep one of the dwarf statues on lockdown for global buffs. I think it is every 3 minutes? On a plus side, when you are in dwarf you get buffs so yay! But you can't use skill so just jump off the cliff if you want to be back to normal. 

Oh well, still first week. Hopefully we can get these raid bosses on farm status soon.

Anyone else got ideas, feel free to add them. Good luck to all of us in next one.  :D

• anke likes this

#5 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

don't know if its just my imagination or you don't seem to take damage when you become a dwarf but the buff doesn't really last long

#6 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

What exactly does dwarf mode do? I mean does it multiply your attack or damage or it just gives you a fixed high normal damage?

#7 anke

anke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

In dwarf form, I think the attack is fixed at 3k.

#8 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

In that case, i'll just create a full agi aspd sin for intermediate dungeon and camp at the stones.

#9 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Locking down the statue would help a lot. We were off by about 2% yesterday because the statue wasn't on lock down. Counting on you!

#10 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

unfortunately, i can only play on weekends due to work. I said that in case there might be others who would want to try the idea.

#11 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:11 AM

Ahh, that sucks bro. We could really use your help. Cya on the weekend then.  :D

#12 Smokey

Smokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Hows the dungeon been going? I havnt tried yet
Posted Image

#13 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:40 AM

Poring Abyss Update:

All novice dungeons are on farm status. Intermediate is a bit tough sometimes, but getting there. 

1. Earth goes down easy because of meteor storm/fire bolt

2. Poison goes down pretty reliably too

3. Wind is very fickle. Thunder bolt/LoV does less damage to the boss and people have it because of skels/raydrics

4. Shadow is pretty tough. It is down to the wire if we do make it or we are just completely off.

That being said, the number of force app closes in each session is a big determination on whether we win or not. Too many force apps make morale drop badly too, heh. 

• Shmoo83 likes this

#14 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

I always use my daggersin for the statue. I'm not pure agi though, my aspd is at 232.

I always feel sad when DPS knights who have slower atk speed gets to be a dwarf, worse if its a mage. They won't even listen to you and even curse you if tell them to jump off the cliff and pass the dwarf buff to somebody else.

I believe the damage is fixed to be 3000, no matter what gear you have. So the higher aspd the better.

I believe in Poring the fastest DPS knight is justgotlucky. I maybe wrong.

For daggersin, I don't know. Its highly possible its not me. A pure agi dagger sin would have incredibly high aspd. /heh

• 2shontle3 likes this

#15 Kampyon

Kampyon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Shmoo,

I'll try that out once I'm done farming and get a hold on full equips. Heh

• zee likes this

#16 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

Intermediate failed today, mage got dwarfed, he should have jumped on the black void, /heh

A new player who got dwarfed just stood there not hitting anything, swaying like the dwarf he is with a wide grin on his face. /heh

Still, got 2 pcs key piece D /heh

On another note, the locked boxes are tradeable! Woo! :)

Anyone selling Box A? :))

• zee likes this

#17 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:28 AM

justgotlucky is a noob, lol. plz dont kill me lucky.

I saw someone with dwarf killing the mobs, rofl. I also saw some people standing around with their hands in their pocket. I got dwarf twice, immediately suicided into the dark abyss to be reborn human again, heh. Anyways down to the wire again, I think we would had made it regardless if there wasn't so many force app closes near the end. It happens so much everyone just shortens it to FC now. 5x FC, rofl.

• Zylphy likes this

#18 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

LOL risend. Did you ever hit the bottom of the dark abyss? I tried to find the bottom but my app crashed before I could.. /heh

I should sell stuff while inside the Abyss dungeon, while hanging around sitting and waiting for the statue to spawn again. /heh

#19 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

Hey shmoo, you ever notice the green patch of grass keeps moving in abyss? I feel like it is some secret code. What is it trying to tell us? 

#20 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

That we're all trolls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account