#21 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

Win both novice and intermediate today. Yay. It's easier when no force close.

So I was parking near statues casting buffs in the area. Most ppl there were assassins but a few knights and mages parked there too to help bring the statue down. I saw 2 of 3 statues go down and go to assassin types. Nice. One of them I'm not sure. Coz ppl were telling him to jump off and give to dps. All in all... good job everyone. :)
  • Shmoo83 likes this

#22 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

Its nice to hear that people are now cooperating. :)

#23 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:11 AM

Btw, I just remembered, someone cast a bless scroll before the battle started. Very smart. :)

If anyone would like to save their scroll buffs for abyss, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

#24 anke

anke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Regarding the green patch that keeps moving around, someone told me that it is a safe zone for the poison. (??)  So I did stand there one time and didn't receive poison damage. Then, when it moved, I followed it then died. haha. Please try and confirm this. There was so much going on in there that maybe it was just my imagination. :P

#25 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

@anke Ohh, they did mention a safety zone in dwarf npc. I always thought those were starting areas, but you could be right. I will test it out tonight and record it so I can be sure. no1

#26 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

So I spent today running around chasing these green squares. From what I can see it doesn't block poison or fear. The only thing it blocks is the pulls/throws. I checked the dwarf npc afterwards and it says the same thing. Also there are always two green safety zones and it is not the same for everyone. Only very useful for wizards and priests really. More so for priests since you have more flexibility in choosing where you stand. 

• anke and Shmoo83 like this

#27 anke

anke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

So those are safety zones after all. heh

thanks for confirming risend. no1

#28 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:55 AM

You sure? At some point in intermediate, I was well in the range where I could get fear/poison. But I didn't while everyone around me and behind me did. I have no idea why it is so. Maybe just lucky... I dunno.

If anyone else could share their experience, then that could be helpful. :)

#29 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Fear/poison doesn't always hit everyone in range, I am not sure why either. Maybe there is a success % of it, probably something really high though like 95%. But the green safety zones doesn't do anything for poison/fear. I stood on it many times and I always got hit with it. 

#30 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

I remember dodging poison 3 times in a row by standing in same place that time. I died when I moved. But I did step on the green patch last night and I still got poison. So I guess maybe I stand in lucky blind spot. Heh. :)

Thanks. :)

#31 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

I still say bring green pot and watch out for the poison hehe.. Simple and fast, just need to focus.

#32 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

you guys are so organized here.. I should have rolled/continued my poring if I knew such kind of event is in the game. >.<

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#33 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

you guys are so organized here.. I should have rolled/continued my poring if I knew such kind of event is in the game. >.<

Welcome to Poring...

On another note.. you should see the other rooms.. they are.. .... I call them photobooths...Entering room1 almost guarantees you a win. Almost.

#34 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

Traitor... abandoned me...  :P

#35 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

Traitor... abandoned me...  :P

I know.... Forgive me... but I think maybe next ruby sale I might try getting some resets and level Themis.. XD  Okay back to topic, sorry for the off topic Poring people.

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#36 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

Still seeing a lot of wizards and priest camping on the stone. They even argue that they help break the stone faster.

While they do reduce the time to break the stone, it still doesn't compare to the damage they could have done to the boss especially the mobs which is much worse than the boss when they focus on a target. And in most cases they steal the dwarf from the aspd dps to make things worse.

Another thing is the high atk dps who camps the stone. I mean if you have enough damage to put you in the ranks in novice abyss, you don't need to be a dwarf in intermediate and let the lower level dps handle the dwarf so they can at least contribute damage instead of waiting for another stone to come out.

You don't get demerit points for dying so just die and return till it ends. What's the use of getting the dwarf and not dying if you fail the room anyway.

#37 Sennheiser11

Sennheiser11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationPoring

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

I hate AFKers on abyss, especially on intermediate. Just dont be greedy! Let's focus on teamwork

#38 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:10 AM

Lots of people look at how much HP is left after 1st 5mins and if they saw its not around 3/4 then they automatically assume its gonna fail. After 10 mins if its not around 1/2 then more people will give up which is kind of stupid since it is actually possible to finish the dungeon in around 10mins time if everyone does his job properly.

#39 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

Another thing that people misunderstood is that when boss moves, they automatically assume that someone is running and keep on shouting and typing which doesn't really help the situation and just reduce the damage they could have made instead.

The reason behind this is when the character is targeted by the boss dies, it automatically moves to chase its party mates whether it is on the other side of the map. Say, you have 2 people in party and one is targeted by the boss, then the one targeted dies and it shifts its attn to you. Then your partymate respawn on the far side of map and then you die, the boss will then chase the other one so it moves from the middle until it reaches your partymate. So with all the dying and respawning, its just an endless loop until both of you die at the same time and it shifts to other parties.

So how do we avoid this?
1. Everyone except for tanks stay away from the middle at the start of the game and let tanks get agro first.
2. Wiz and dps should avoid partying with tanks so priest can focus on keeping tank alive. Especially when mobs are summoned, you'll just be targeted by the mobs if your in a party with the tank.
3. If you realize that ur party got agro and u dont have tank, disband your party so the agro will shift to other party then create new one.
4. If you are a stone breaker or camper, don't party with anyone in the middle, better yet, don't party at all since you're just waiting to be turned to dwarf anyway.
  • risend, anke, Shmoo83 and 1 other like this

#40 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

I noticed almost always, a DPS knight tops Novice Abyss Dungeon.

Even at level 61 or 62, if geared, can also place among the top 5 or top 10..

Makes me feel bad for my wiz. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account