82 replies to this topic

#21 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

Yeah I bet it would take forever lol, slow low dmg melee physical and one holy light skil spam with constant spam on self heals. The pot cost would outweigh the utility of it lol. Would be interesting if anyone tried though. 

Using hammer will cut the expense for pots. Not to mention even a knight will still be on the same mobs probably till 48 so the only difference with a BP would be that it can't mob which will make the kill slower but with 37+ armor equips and angelus. Normal mobs till exit won't be hitting a BP for more than 100 or so depending and the heal for a BP is usually at 500+ for a level 6 heal. Kill speed isn't really slow, I was able to share some spot with knights and I was able to finish up one mob faster than them and heal every 2 or 3 mobs or depends if I get mobbed which will cause spam of heals lol. 

• Timothymt, Inteniaeffori and CiaraLece like this

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#22 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

Using hammer will cut the expense for pots. Not to mention even a knight will still be on the same mobs probably till 48 so the only difference with a BP would be that it can't mob which will make the kill slower but with 37+ armor equips and angelus. Normal mobs till exit won't be hitting a BP for more than 100 or so depending and the heal for a BP is usually at 500+ for a level 6 heal. Kill speed isn't really slow, I was able to share some spot with knights and I was able to finish up one mob faster than them and heal every 2 or 3 mobs or depends if I get mobbed which will cause spam of heals lol. 

Yeah depends on the mob and where really. I soloed my knight till max. I did exit for like a few levels after 35 till I found it's exp way to slow so I ended up about 38-48 soloing bhua instance. I personally found it much more steady for solo exp. Depends on the setup though I have to agree. Some may do things faster or slower in different fields of expertise. 

#23 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

:rolleyes:

#24 Dru

Dru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

that;d take forever lol.

Battle Priest doesn't work

it might work to level 30, it might work to 40, but eventually you will see... No group will want you, your heals suck, your dps sucks, so what's the point. Just make a swordsman if you want to "battle" things.

You should probably change that to "BATTLE PRIEST DOESNT WORK - FOR ME".

It works just fine for me. And likely for anyone else. Sure, it's highly gear dependent, but what class isn't. You're just as entitled to sit around pressing the heal button over and over (whenever your guildmates are on) as anyone else is to go out and enjoy the class's other talents.

Healbot is boring. I respect that it has its uses, though limited they seem when you want to play the Priest class and your guild doesn't need another healer.

Though I may eventually level up another character myself, who wants to spend another few hundred hours, and hundreds of gold coins and rubies leveling up, and who has the time for this? (I'm sure very few of you do)

#25 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

You should probably change that to "BATTLE PRIEST DOESNT WORK - FOR ME".ho has the time for this? (I'm sure very few of you do)

even if you have best stuff as battle priest, you're still gimped.. it's a waste of good cards.

I'm not trying to crush anyone's dreams here, I'm just trying to warn people, lol. I have a 46 priest, played it battle pretty much all the way. I am a huge fan of the RO battle priest builds, but yeah. If you don't believe me... carry on with the battle priest. I know people have had a great jolly time playing their battle aco, I know there are some people playing battle priest with varying degrees of success. You can carry on playing battle build that's what tickles your fancy, but until the level cap is raised to 75/55 it's going to remain pretty gimped.

I'm sorry if you're attached to your character, but in terms of... being an effective character and playing your role effectively, whether it's DPS or tanking or heals, even a battle priest with the most amazing gear is still going to be mediocre at all 3 roles - the current design of this game simply does not enable you to be an effective battle priest. That might change at 75/55, but still... I'm sure if you look at some of the kRO videos on youtube and stuff, the higher level encounters and etc are no joke. You need characters that are playing their strengths. Swim downstream... you're just swimming against the current as a battle priest.

I'll just leave this here...

• vk135 likes this

#26 Nagisachan

Nagisachan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCandyland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Well obviously a battle priest can't compare to a well-geared knight lol, but that doesn't automatically make it bad. Being mediocre isn't bad, especially when a class can tank, support AND DPS. People seem to like it personally that I can do all 3  :wub: Slash of Honor S works wonders too! + it's fun trying builds that are new and unique and not like everyone elses >_<

#27 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Being mediocre isn't bad

this is the part where I leave this thread and never come back, lol.. I'll leave you battle priests alone. I tried to warn you  :unsure:

I am continuing to set aside gear for my priest and I'll try out a best in-slot battle build with you guys, but it's not going to be pretty...

#28 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

if you plan to go solo that's ok i guess. 

Mimir's  top level #2 (probably gonna be #1 soon) priest is actually battle build. He levels at vs ktobias.

Sup, that's me xD. I was # 1 for a few hours and got to 48 max first, but my guildie (Mommy) pushed me back somehow, as well as some other knights that hit max before me. How are the rankings even arranged?  :blink:

OT: I like battle priests. They may not be the strongest class, but they're definitely fun and unique. Somehow I outdamage a few knights who have more atk than me, I swear I see those numbers right. Downside is I only have one offensive skill, compared to knights who have more, as well as way better buffs. It'd be better if battle priests used the Slash of Honor S weapon, for reasons said by previous posters, to be more of a hybrid type that can level solo at least. But yea I love these novelty gimmicky unique builds. If STR/AGI mages were more viable here like in PC RO, I would have done it already  :lol:

#29 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

yeh, i saw you were #1 for a while, rankings seem a bit random...

btw....no, you can't tank, you can't support and you can barely DPS if you have something like Avarriel's gear. Duke, any chico's small group of VVS / VVVS will take you down in 1 sec, Valk too if she goes frenzy and I won't mention any future foes that will slaughter you almost instantly. Actually a FS support build with 1 vit will tank better than you if you dont have ( +5 ) or better gear. Support? Without maxed Angelus, teleport, resu, cure, and with low agi up and a 500 Heal how exactly do you plan to support? DPS? You'll deal half damage on valk, and you can't touch duke. In a party you'll be taking the 2nd wiz or DPS knight spot...

But I guess if you don't want to play FS but still would like a priest that's about the only path you can take. I won't argue with those of you who say FS is boring.

And yeah...some people just love to play some Weird / not common build and if you have very good gear and you are a Robot / Killing Machine like Avarriel you'll probably

grind at decent speed too.

ign: soba

class: Priest 

level: 48

guild: BOSS

server: Mimir

#30 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

btw....no, you can't tank, you can't support and you can barely DPS if you have something like Avarriel's gear. Duke, any chico's small group of VVS / VVVS will take you down in 1 sec, Valk too if she goes frenzy and I won't mention any future foes that will slaughter you almost instantly. Actually a FS support build with 1 vit will tank better than you if you dont have ( +5 ) or better gear. Support? Without maxed Angelus, teleport, resu, cure, and with low agi up and a 500 Heal how exactly do you plan to support? DPS? You'll deal half damage on valk, and you can't touch duke. In a party you'll be taking the 2nd wiz or DPS knight spot...

hahah, "In a party"... battle aco in a party, that's funny xD

but yeah. soba pretty much said it. Most people who say they're playing a "battle priest" aren't even an actual priest yet, and have not seen the higher content. Battle ACO works great, right about up until the time you turn into a priest. Furthermore, even if and when you do somehow get 48 as a battle priest, you won't be having much fun as a battle priest, unless grinding level 33 vs thorn mukas one by one with shitty DPS is your idea of fun. Wait, you wont even be able to do that because the wizards are going to be there pulling 15 of them and killing them all at once.  :P

#31 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

yeh I know the idea of having a Battle Priest in a party is quite silly, but Nagisa said he can tank, support and dps. So I think he/she was referring to a party context.

Well I mean not much to discuss any further, if one loves a particular build so much no matter how sucky it is he should probably just stick to it.

Afterall this game is not that deep yet, not getting bored of endless grinding is the only thing that matters right now.

#32 Dru

Dru

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

hahah, "In a party"... battle aco in a party, that's funny xD

but yeah. soba pretty much said it. Most people who say they're playing a "battle priest" aren't even an actual priest yet, and have not seen the higher content. Battle ACO works great, right about up until the time you turn into a priest. Furthermore, even if and when you do somehow get 48 as a battle priest, you won't be having much fun as a battle priest, unless grinding level 33 vs thorn mukas one by one with shitty DPS is your idea of fun. Wait, you wont even be able to do that because the wizards are going to be there pulling 15 of them and killing them all at once. :P

Yeeeah..you're trying way too hard. I'm not even sure why you're posting in this thread, if you dislike Battle Priest playstyle so much.

Just feel like venting or something? Try staying constructive. This forum is to help Priests, regardless of how they play their class.

#33 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

Stop arguing!

But yea, battle priests aren't that bad. I think people just feel they are bad because they keep comparing them to 2H knights, which have better buffs, gears, and well everything else. I was battle build all the way and never had trouble playing and was able to level at a good speed (pure solo) and do things a knight could, plus support a bit. The class is of course, not built to solo the higher level bosses like a super-geared knight can. 

Anyway yea, any priest who likes to solo and kill stuff is better off going battle. STR/INT and Slash of Honor S for anybody who wants to be able to heal at a decent amount as well as attack. Tanking is possible with aforementioned weapon/stats along with high HP shoes and Def...but just don't try to tank bosses of course. I'm more of a pure offensive build so I can't really tank or heal well, but it's viable to do so with what I just mentioned. If anybody needs gear suggestions I can give some  ^_^

Again, no more arguing!  <_<

P.S. Anybody keep getting that weird Cat Finder pop up or is it just me?

#34 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

Yeeeah..you're trying way too hard. I'm not even sure why you're posting in this thread, if you dislike Battle Priest playstyle so much.

Just feel like venting or something? Try staying constructive. This forum is to help Priests, regardless of how they play their class.

trying way too hard at what? All I'm saying is battle priest isn't very good at higher levels due to the design of RO:VU. I'm not "venting", I don't dislike the battle priest play style, I'm just saying it's not really a viable build due to the design of this game. If battle priest was a viable build I would totally play a battle priest.

I'm just sharing my experiences after playing a battle priest to 46. It works great as an acolyte, then you get higher level and it doesn't work very well. The "jack of all trades, master of none" battle priest build isn't going to get you much farther than solo farming vs mobs. If you enjoy playing battle priest, that's great, carry on.

As the administrator of the forums, I'm perfectly aware of what they are for  :rolleyes:

#35 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

trying way too hard at what? All I'm saying is battle priest isn't very good at higher levels due to the design of RO:VU. I'm not "venting", I don't dislike the battle priest play style, I'm just saying it's not really a viable build due to the design of this game. If battle priest was a viable build I would totally play a battle priest.

I'm just sharing my experiences after playing a battle priest to 46. It works great as an acolyte, then you get higher level and it doesn't work very well. The "jack of all trades, master of none" battle priest build isn't going to get you much farther than solo farming vs mobs. If you enjoy playing battle priest, that's great, carry on.

As the administrator of the forums, I'm perfectly aware of what they are for  :rolleyes:

I'm just a bit confused as to what you mean by "viable." There's not much to this game as of yet other than PvM, PvP and bossing. Also since you managed to get to 46 as a battle priest, surely that means it's viable? Unless you had to leech of course. Supporting in boss runs IS possible with the build I mentioned already, and it also depends on how good your tank is, in terms of both bossing and PvM. Personally, Jin is an awesome meat shield :P

Let's just wait for more content to come. If this game will end up like PC RO, then yea a battle priest won't be very good since it's all mobbing and turn ins (iRO), but as it currently stands, battle priests are fine.

#36 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

I'm just a bit confused as to what you mean by "viable." There's not much to this game as of yet other than PvM, PvP and bossing. Also since you managed to get to 46 as a battle priest, surely that means it's viable? Unless you had to leech of course. Supporting in boss runs IS possible with the build I mentioned already, and it also depends on how good your tank is, in terms of both bossing and PvM. 

by viable i mean like... playing a role effectively. contributing to a party. etc. The only reason to play a battle priest is because you made a priest and don't like sitting around waiting for parties and want to be able to solo. Or you just want to be a unique snowflake or something. If you wanna play one, by all means, go for it. I tried it and that's just my opinion.

It would be a different story if AGI gave a bunch of flee like in ragnarok. And yes a max job level of 55 makes battle priest alittle more viable, I'm still not sure how great it will work out even after the cap is raised. 

In PvM battle priest solo is mediocre and slow, and groups would rather have someone else but you can always get in there and leech. For most bosses, battle priest is going to end up standing there healing because it's too dangerous to go within melee range. Even vs bapho battle priest can't contribute much, you will just be feared like half the fight takign a ton of damage. I don't think it's going to work very good on owl duke, lolol. I don't think it's going to work very good on any of the bosses really.

PvP on battle priest could be fun, I'll give it that. Might be bad ass if you stacked some stun on your weapon or something. I think that would be much better after the job cap is raised to 55. Right now it's still rather limited. 

#37 soba

soba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'm just a bit confused as to what you mean by "viable." There's not much to this game as of yet other than PvM, PvP and bossing. Also since you managed to get to 46 as a battle priest, surely that means it's viable? Unless you had to leech of course. Supporting in boss runs IS possible with the build I mentioned already, and it also depends on how good your tank is, in terms of both bossing and PvM. Personally, Jin is an awesome meat shield  :P

Let's just wait for more content to come. If this game will end up like PC RO, then yea a battle priest won't be very good since it's all mobbing and turn ins (iRO), but as it currently stands, battle priests are fine.

While I do agree that the game is not deep enough yet, you have to admit that you're pretty hardcore Avarriel. Keep in mind that this thread will be read by new players seeking for guidance. Sure, battle priest might be viable if one has the same gear and dedication as you but more often than not it will be an extremely hard and not effective way to play this class.

What is the best build for a certain class? Which build levels the fastest? Is a build wanted / needed in a party / guild ? Can I solo with it?

Even though I believe that none of these are that important, these are the most frequent questions and what people want to know, and the only strong point of Battle Priest is that it can solo.

1) sassy reached lvl 46 as battle priest...so yeah..

2) His/her posts are by far the most useful and constructive here. He/she answered all the most common question and what people are looking for in a forum like this. 

btw I'll definitely make a new Battle Priest after I max my FS Priest. 

#38 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

and really, when I do start playing my priest again after I get some more gear and cards, I think a more effective "battle" build would honestly be to skip the holy hammer and have a full support priest with some dps gear thrown into the mix. Full support priest can heal for a lot.. and when you heal for a ton, your SP goes much further. It's silly to not take advantage of that.

I am going to try something like 60-70ish INT, then the remaining points in STR which would be 30-45 or so. Full support skills - 10 Heal, 10 Blessing, 10 Angelus, 10 Increase AGI, then the 5 cashshop skill points can go to 3 teleport and 2 cure or whatever. Instead of getting SP to accessories, get 6x  6crit cards in some "battle" accessories. Your max Sp isn't really important anyways, and with 36% crit, a decent +7 or +8 weapon, and your buffs you can do some decent damage even as a support priest. Plus with real heals you can actually be pretty solid. Could get either 7 ASPD cards or 4 flee cards to manteau.  HP cards to helm and boots. On weapon get some 4% stun cards. Get a couple of those Rosaries that have 2% hp absorb and 2% stun. Could potentially get 16% stun just from that stuff. You could heal, you have all your buffs, everyone loves you, and you can still be a unique snowflake with 40%+ crit and do some damage. It wouldn't have the burst dps of a holy hammer battle priest but you can still hack things down as long as you have crit. I think you'll find more often than not you'll be better off in a group supporting, but at least that way you can still kill stuff if you need to solo. 

• ixion likes this

#39 Khansis

Khansis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

Not going to argue that battle priests have their limitations. i play FS as my main with holy light, but when i hit priest i may get rid of holy light in favour of angelus ect and high lv agi up.

my secondary character i made to level the guild though is INT/STR battle priest. uses most of the gear from my FS build as im not going for DPS anywhere. for leveing, i started with int and matk. 35 into int, max holy light asap. get heal 2 then work on unlocking holy hammer. 

at lv24, which only took me half the day to get to with quests and general whacking i have 35ish int, 20ish str. +5vvs Morning star and all the int aco gear people usually want. i can open with holylight, follow up with holy hammer, whack a few times until holy light ready to go and repeat. downs most mobs a 24 wants to fight in a single volley. 

seems perfect as most good aco gear gives int and str together usually. for defense, i have def cards, alice cards and a strong offense lol. 

#40 Endless

Endless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

well im a lvl 41 battle priest in poring.. since i am a solo player it really suits my play style..

i've tried joining a party last night then after 2 mins. or so i was bored and left then went hammering again..

though i have to agree that equips are really kind of demanding to be that effective..

imo.. it just really depends on each person's play style.. if they are having fun with it then at least don't spoil it..

dang it's a game so it should be fun.. if i got bored then i'll switch jobs too.. maybe not.. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account