115 replies to this topic

#1 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Basic Abyss Dungeon Information Guide
First off, this information guide is a work in progress. People are asking me about this and that in-game so I am just throwing something quick together. I am adding what I know from first hand experience, video recordings, information from other forums (tw and kr), dwarf npc, and second hand information from other players that I can confirm or believe to be more or less correct.

Starting time
There are two starting times.

Novice Dungeon
California time - 3:00am and 6:00pm Pacific DST (daylight savings time) GMT -8. 
Philippines time - 7:00pm and 10:00am GMT +8.

Intermediate Dungeon
California time - 3:30am and 6:30pm Pacific DST GMT -8.
Philippines time - 7:30pm and 10:30am GMT +8.

Boss skills
This section is going to need a lot of work, but basically all the bosses do the following:

Throw skill - 1.7-2.2k damage and pushes you away. Can avoid by standing on safety zones.
Pull in skill - 1.7-2.2k damage and pulls you in. Can avoid by standing on safety zones.
Summon mobs - 600-800 damage on average, really hurts if they mob you and you are not a 1hander.
Fear - Can't attack or use skills, you can still pot though. Has a 8s duration. Remove with priest's cure skill lvl2.
Slow - Movement speed reduced to same as when overweight, has a 10s duration
Poison - 800-1.2k DoT (damage over time). Remove with green pot or priest cure skill lvl 1.
AOE Strike - 1-1.6k damage to everyone around him
Stun - Close range stun.

Mob skills
Zombies
Firebolt - Hurts like hell.
Owl howl - Sucks your sp.

Anacondaqs
Naplam beat

Warning text on top of boss
Earthquake - Will cast a poison, get green pot ready.
Roar (Capture) - Fear. Looks to be about a 2s cast time
Recall Assistants - AOE Strike or throw/pull skill. 
Expel 2 (Capture) - Summons mobs.

Safety Zones
Green square patches on the ground in the middle of the dungeon are safety zones. There are two of them and they change every so minutes. They are different for everyone. If you stand on it while the boss tries to throw/pull then you can avoid it. It doesn't block poison/fear. 

Basic tips
1. Green pots for the poison, I bring 60 and it is about enough for both dungeons.
2. Go to system options and turn "show party only" on. This will only show you the mobs and your party, it helps cut down lag and you can focus on positioning better.
3. If you agro the boss and you can't tank it, just die. Respawn is a few seconds away. Kiting the boss ends up pulling it out of meteor storm's range resulting in a huge decrease in dps.
4. If you are not well-geared, then try to keep dwarf statue on lock down. Nice buffs to yourself and everyone else.
5. If you are in a party and one of your members decides to give up and afk, please kick them. Or if you decide to quit, please leave party. The reason for this is because when the boss focuses on your party, he will chase everyone down until they are dead. That is why the boss keeps running to spawn locations or dwarf statues.
6. If you are afking, please jump off the cliff so you don't accidentally get the dwarf when it is passed around randomly after someone with it dies. Dwarf mode is a significant source of dps.

Intermediate dungeon differences
5qToQ9Ml.png

The big difference between this and novice is that your damage output is dropped to 60%. When you kill the dwarf statue, a global buff is applied on everyone for an extra 20% damage for each dwarf buff. There are two statues on the map. One on the top left and one on the bottom right. You yourself become a dwarf with more damage and defenses, but you can't use skills. So wizards, priests, and tanks, please don't last hit the statue. You can jump off the cliff if you don't want to be a dwarf. Dwarf is given randomly when someone with it dies.

Guild dungeon differences
plw3326l.png

From what I can gather, the buff you get from dwarf gets decreased to 10% from 20%. That and there are four statues instead of 2 to make up for that so locking them down will be harder. Need 4 dps teams to take care of it. It also has a cool maze! Look more ways to die.

When you turn into a dwarf
3 minute duration - Statue respawns 3 minutes after you kill it
3k fixed attack damage
Invulnerable to damage
Cannot use skills
Jump off cliff in order to remove it

Boss Element/Rewards Schedule
The element of the boss in abyss dungeon is different depending on the day. It is a set schedule as far as I am aware. I found it here http://forum.gamer.c...tnum=1&subbsn=5, but I wanted to confirm that our schedule was the same as theirs before I posted about it. Well it looks the same so schedule is below translated by google, confirmed in game, then edited it so it makes sense in english, heh. 

The schedule below is for California time. So for people in asia you should use the day before schedule. For example today is Thursday night it will be earth, but that is Friday morning for you guys. And Friday night for you guys will be Friday morning schedule (poison).

Sunday (shadow)
Novice - key piece D / box piece A
Intermediate - key piece D / box piece B

Monday (earth)
Novice - key piece A / box piece A
Intermediate - key piece A / box piece B

Tuesday (poison)
Novice - key piece B / box piece A
Intermediate - key piece B / box piece B

Wednesday (wind)
Novice - key piece C / box piece A
Intermediate - key piece C / box piece B

Thursday (earth)
Novice - key piece A / box piece A
Intermediate - key piece A / box piece B

Friday (poison)
Novice - key piece B / box piece A
Intermediate - key piece B / box piece B

Saturday (wind)
Novice - key piece C / box piece A
Intermediate - key piece C / box piece B

Rewards
Participation in abyss dungeon always yields 1 key, the actual key piece differs depending on the day. Refer to the above schedule. You get box pieces A for Novice Abyss Dungeon and box pieces B for Intermediate Abyss Dungeon. You get no box pieces if you lose. 

Number of box pieces rewarded in novice dungeon is determined by how much damage you do. 

#1 20
#2 15
#3-5 10
#6-10 9
etc...

***Sunday (shadow) is a little different
#1 24
#2 18
#3-5 12
#6-10 11
etc...

You get 1 piece for just participating I believe. My friend who disconnected a lot only got a few meteor storms off on the boss got 4 pieces, 45k damage done. So it is not too bad as long as you do something. Holy light it or something O.o

Number of box pieces rewarded in intermediate dungeon is determined if you kill the boss or not. Everyone gets S rank, 1 ruby and 10 box pieces B. Even afkers, but be warned that if you afk or have an extra device afk the chances of killing the boss goes down! You are taking a valuable spot in abyss dungeon, please don't be one of those. I think this might be a bug? I sent a ticket in. I would like to see anyone who heals/buffs and kill statues receive high rank though. But if you afk for 20 minutes, yea....

So what is the point of rewards?
To make boxes with the pieces.

What the hell is in the box?
Box has a random chance of yielding a rare headgear of different types (a, b, c, d, e, f). Besides that there are ruby materials (celestials), consumable sets, equip boxes, and style hair coupons AKA trolls.....

How to create box?
Go to composition artificer.
Box A requires 15 box pieces A.
Box B requires 30 box pieces B.
Box C requires 45 box pieces C.

gMNriZsl.png

Box C
There is no guild abyss right now, so the only way to get Box C is by creating it at the composition artificer under special item. 

You need:
20 Celestial Hammers
20 Celestial Stones
20 Celestial Sticks
3 Celestial M Tools (ruby shop)

It will produce 30-60 Dwarf Box C Pieces (most of the time it is 45pcs) and you combine that for 1 box c. Then 5 keys to open it. 240 rubies in total to open a Box C if you buy everything from ruby shop. You can get stones and sticks for cheap from other people though. Hammers are pretty rare from boxes.

Opening Boxes
Box A requires 1 dwarf key.
Box B requires 3 dwarf keys.
Box C requires 5 dwarf keys.

efLSp01l.png

Where to get keys
You can buy in ruby shop for 10 rubies or craft one for 50k using key pieces A, B, C, and D at the composition artificer. Key D can only be obtained on Sunday.

Headgears
They are basically split into tier A, B, C, and Final Dwarf headgears. In each tier there are 6 different types (a, b, c, d, e, f) in terms of stats. Tier A, B, and C have the same stat bonuses for each type, but different def/mdef and looks. B and C are exactly the same though. For example, take a look at swordsman's headgear F type.

Tier A (novice)
Frika's Helmet F
LVL60 DEF 38 MDEF 18
ATK +190 ALL +4

Tier B (intermediate)
Demon's Mask F
LVL70 DEF 40 MDEF 20
ATK +190 ALL +4

Tier C (guild)
Thor's Strength F
LVL70 DEF 40 MDEF 20
ATK +190 ALL +4

Final Dwarf headgears
Dwarf headgears gets an upgrade in stats, def, and mdef. In order to create dwarf headgears you need to combine tier A, B, and C helm of the same type. The resulting box will produce a RANDOM final dwarf helm. That means if you combine E helms, you can get A, B, C, D, E, or F final dwarf helm. It is pretty much confirmed that it is random at this point from some experiences and people who played kr.

Tier Epic (dwarf)
Dwarf's BattleHat
DEF 42 MDEF 22
ATK +220 ALL +5

I3uQNHBl.png

Headgear stats for tier A, B, and C
Swordsman
A VIT +8 MAXHP +380
B VIT +8 ATK +190
C VIT +8 ALL +4
D MAXHP +380 ATK +190
E MAXHP +380 ALL +4
F ATK +190 ALL +4

Mage
A INT +8 MAXHP +290
B INT +8 VIT +5
C INT +8 MATK +50
D MAXHP +290 VIT +5
E MAXHP +290 MATK +50
F VIT +5 MATK +50

Acolyte
A INT +8 MAXHP +330
B INT +8 ALL +4
C INT +8 MATK +30
D MAXHP +330 ALL +4
E MAXHP +330 MATK +30
F ALL +4 MATK +30

Thief
A ALL +4 ATK +150
B ALL +4 MAXHP +320
C ALL +4 AGI +6
D ATK +150 MAXHP +320
E ATK+150 AGI +6
F MAXHP +320 AGI +6

Headgear stats for tier Epic (dwarf set)
Swordsman
A VIT +10 MAXHP +430
B VIT +10 ATK +220
C VIT +10 ALL +5
D MAXHP +430 ATK +220
E MAXHP +430 ALL +5
F ATK +220 ALL +5

Mage
A INT +10 MAXHP +340
B INT +10 VIT +7
C INT +10 MATK +68
D MAXHP +340 VIT +7
E MAXHP +340 MATK +68
F VIT +7 MATK +68

Acolyte
A INT +10 MAXHP +360
B INT +10 ALL +5
C INT +10 MATK +35
D MAXHP +360 ALL +5
E MAXHP +360 MATK +35
F ALL +5 MATK +35

Thief
A ALL +5 ATK +180
B ALL +5 MAXHP +370
C ALL +5 AGI +8
D ATK +180 MAXHP +370
E ATK +180 AGI +8
F MAXHP +370 AGI +8

Note:
I will add more information, when I learn more. If you have anything to add or correct, please feel free to do so. Will be adding screenshots soon....

Updated 3/2/14 Added new information. Edited old ones.

• AstroStatic, anke, Arz777 and 5 others like this

#2 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Is it 100% success creating those dwarf headgears? And what do you mean by "(guild)"? Special dungeon? Like Novice and Intermediate?

• RTnewscot likes this

#3 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Haha, I hope so. But I am not sure. Would be the ultimate troll if it wasn't 100%. We will just have to find out ourselves, heh. You can be the guinea pig, go first! Thanks for being brave!

• RTnewscot likes this

#4 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Haha, I hope so. But I am not sure. Would be the ultimate troll if it wasn't 100%. We will just have to find out ourselves, heh. You can be the guinea pig, go first! Thanks for being brave!

Hahaha! Naaah! Im fine reading this. gg YOU have to update it right? :)

#5 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

Heh, I will find a guinea pig, gg.

Just found out there is a 3rd room at same time. Seems when one fills up they make another room. 

#6 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Nice! Very useful bro! :)

#7 xlock

xlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

MY FIRST POST EVER!

haha very sorry to be here just now  Admin.

as you can see guys this is very helpful for all of us! what he did was superb! every detail is given out  :D

so i wanted to say again .. Thank You sir  ^_^ i salute! ill be more active here .. ill try <_<

• PopoPiraten and Shmoo83 like this

#8 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

You better come and post or I would had to haunt you!  :D

• Shmoo83 likes this

#9 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:45 AM

Just a question... How do you get d,e,f helms? The boxes that can be crafted are only abc.

#10 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

The boxes are different tiers or levels. Box A contains random chance of headgears of types a, b, c, d, e, and f. Box B and C also have the same types. So something like

Box A -> a, b, c, d, e, f

Box B -> a, b, c, d, e, f

Box C -> a, b, c, d, e, f

#11 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

The boxes are different tiers or levels. Box A contains random chance of headgears of types a, b, c, d, e, and f. Box B and C also have the same types. So something like

Box A -> a, b, c, d, e, f
Box B -> a, b, c, d, e, f
Box C -> a, b, c, d, e, f

Hmmm. I see..
so box a may contain fricka's helm a-f. Right?

#12 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, that is correct. 4 classes with a-f helms. Going to be a bitch to get what you want, especially with all the random crap in there. But box A is easy enough with 15 pieces to make and only 1 key to open. Not to mention novice now is a piece of cake.

#13 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:36 AM

Boxes are in-game now. You can combine it at the composition artificer. Only problem is you need ios. On ios you can update your game. I see it now.

Lol, I can't buy dwarf key in ruby shop though. On two different accounts. Owned. Can anyone? Keys cannot be traded either, heh. Boxes can be traded though.

So far from Box A (me and some of my friend's results), feel free to add yours....

1. 15 hair coupons

2. 10 hair coupons

3. 10 celestial stone

4. 10 celestial stick

5. 1 Card Album B ---> rank 1 card

6. Attack speed set (10 concentration pots + 10 spicy curry)

7. 10 celestial stick

8. 15 oridecons

9. 5 eluniums

10. 10 Celestial mat

11. 10 Celestial mat

12. 10 Celestial mat

13. Attack speed set

14. Attack speed set

15. 10 celestial sticks

16. 10 celestial sticks

17. Acolyte box C --> crap

18. Attack speed set (the new troll it seems)

Box B.

1. Acolyte Box C --> crap

2. 3 Card Album B --> crap

The celestial stuff is nice, everything else is troll.

#14 jotaro101

jotaro101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

No helm bro lol

#15 nelizaga

nelizaga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Box A results:

1. 10 Celestial sticks
2. 10 Hair coupon
3. Swordsman box c ---> Life buckler r4
4. 10 Celestial sticks

#16 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

MangKanorr in poring server got an assasin reed hat (a black sakkat essentially) from dwarf box B. I can't remember what letter that hat was hehe...

#17 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:18 AM

So I opened dwarf box a today. Around 8. And this is what I got.

b3f3.png

wqmi.png

Opened it during my coffee break and this woke me up more than my coffee did.

• HarrieAlexis and Hellblades like this

#18 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Congrats! You got pretty good luck with boxes. Can I hire you?  :D

#19 evitte

evitte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

I think so, too. I mean I open box d and get S items, too, on a regular. And already got 3 accessories out of 7 fame boxes. Also managed to open a Frika's Beret C. AGI +6, ALL +4. Wonder how much would sell.

#20 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Keep that, you need the other Frika Helm C to make a level 80 helm.

Congrats!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account