28 replies to this topic

#1 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

Things you thought/did as a n00b that make you wanna UBERfacepalm now. I'll start:

I didn't know there were more than 6 slots for items/skills. Suffered badly until lv30 whe i accidentally changed the "page".

zeus-was-not-the-most-powerful-being-in-

Your turn.

• HaileyAlexia, RTnewscot, XRyfIJgfcm and 5 others like this

#2 voyboy

voyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Waited so many hours for someone to help my SUB quest in doppel khoa dungeon.
  • RTnewscot and latishavu1 like this

#3 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:26 AM

Waited so many hours for someone to help my SUB quest in doppel khoa dungeon.

There's still so many people doing that xD

• HaileyAlexia and RTnewscot like this

#4 Bleevie

Bleevie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Frankz, that's one hell of a facepalm
  • Jaleah, frankz, Rukashi and 1 other like this

#5 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:48 AM

Early games, I discovered how to craft gears so I gathered the materials needed and went to armor articifer to create plate armor. I was like, What the f, same materials for vs, vvs, and vvvs. Of course everyone wants vvvs! I checked the stat, Im dps so i like critical more than vit that time. I click the VVS tab, poof, great success, i created VVS. "Coool..." So couple of weeks later i gathered more materials for different gears, this time aiming for vvvs. I went to articifer and created.

"OMG WHY VS?? I AM VERY SURE I CLICKED THE VVVS TAB. THIS IS BUGGED. OMG. I WANNA QUIT NOW. (HEART BEATS SO STRONG) I'VE BEEN FARMING THOSE MATS FOR.......(noticed the message on the upper left part saying crafting is a chance of creating vs, vvs and vvvs)........anyone pt please? :3"

• HaileyAlexia, Jaleah, faponteras and 1 other like this

#6 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

Early games, I discovered how to craft gears so I gathered the materials needed and went to armor articifer to create plate armor. I was like, What the f, same materials for vs, vvs, and vvvs. Of course everyone wants vvvs! I checked the stat, Im dps so i like critical more than vit that time. I click the VVS tab, poof, great success, i created VVS. "Coool..." So couple of weeks later i gathered more materials for different gears, this time aiming for vvvs. I went to articifer and created.

"OMG WHY VS?? I AM VERY SURE I CLICKED THE VVVS TAB. THIS IS BUGGED. OMG. I WANNA QUIT NOW. (HEART BEATS SO STRONG) I'VE BEEN FARMING THOSE MATS FOR.......(noticed the message on the upper left part saying crafting is a chance of creating vs, vvs and vvvs)........anyone pt please? :3"

Good one! 

I'll add: When I first started I didn't think MQ could really help you Lv. up so I went poring hunting for 2 or 3 hours until the percentage stopped moving, then tried to kill any monster I could and repeatedly said to myself "well, it's faster than MQ..."

• Jaleah likes this

#7 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

I did that too. And I got to lvl 12!!! without knowing wtf a main/sub/event quest is. I thought it was like diablo 2 where where it's mostly the grind and killing mini boss to farm weapons. My officemates just rofl...before pointing me to the right direction. Oh so it starts at kafra... Heh. Toink!

2 days later they teach me how to disassemble for runes, use the auction and craft.
  • HaileyAlexia and Jaleah like this

#8 flav

flav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

I didnt realize that auction item list can be scrolled down until weeks ago :wub:

it goes like this...

Me: wen, can u check how much twin ribbon s sold in auction? Mine doesn't have twin ribbon s, only noob headgear.

friend: huh? it's there and its 40m

Me: yea, maybe every player's auction item list is diffrent and the items rotate as time goes. Hence why yours got trs but mine dont.

friend: (derp face)

And if anyone wondering..Yeah, i didnt realize it until i reach my 60's level and i am sitting at level 68 now :lol:

• risend and HaileyAlexia like this

flavf

Priest - RAN Server

#9 HaileyAlexia

HaileyAlexia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Same thing. I don't do main quests - ever. I just killed the cute little porings for what felt like an eternity. Sob.

I don't know how to use cards before too. I just throw them all away coz that's what Harrie said. Hahahaha.
  • HarrieAlexis likes this
Posted Image

#10 HaileyAlexia

HaileyAlexia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

When sp regen items were not yet popular, I sit all the time to regen my sp pool.
Zzz. And I killed Harrie couple of times. Lol. He was mad!
I was pretty sure I had enough sp and good network connection.
I didn't notice I was still sitting. (>.<)
So yeah, I kept hitting the heal button for nothing.
Face palm.
  • HarrieAlexis likes this
Posted Image

#11 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Ooh I got a good one  :D

A long, long time ago, when I first got my reward sup tools from sub quests, I was very excited to upgrade my weapon. I used the tools when I forged my weap and got success results!!!

The catch --- it was from +0 to +3 

hehe

• risend likes this

"Get it together" - Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga

#12 Honja

Honja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:50 AM

lvl 65 when i discovered the "message board" feature..  No message board means spamming pub chats like "selling bla bla bla pm me" and "buying bla bla"   :o

honjasigfinal2.jpg

Guild Master Valhalla Server

#13 SassynKyle

SassynKyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

Wow this is a great thread. :)
I could relate to ur noobness guys :) gg

@frank, ur much luckier u discovered it at ur 30s. i just discovered it when i was lvl62.

And heres another noobness of mine;)

When i was a newbie fs i didnt know how to tp myself to my partymates or to summon them. I always end up moving to kafra. :)

And there was a time when i was on my vsgskell mq i got help from a lvl61 wiz but unfortunately i couldnt heal him so he died twice heh. My other partymate asked me why i didnt heal them, i said i couldnt target them, only the mobs. Lol! Then he told me that i could heal them by tapping the bar at the left side of the screen. Epic fail! I feel sorry for the kindhearted wiz and to my friend.they lost 4exp points because of my noobness :)

And oh yeah the peco peco thing mystery! :) heh. I walked alot that time coz it disappeard in my inventory not knowing i could buy it through gc.

#14 faponteras

faponteras

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Locationcurrently working in UAE

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:13 AM

Thank goodness to this forum and I learned about creating armors/weapons... It took me couple of hours hunting for the required runes...

IGN:Poring - jasminrice

"Fear is the path to the dark side... Fear leads to anger... Anger leads to hate... Hate leads to suffering..."

#15 HarrieAlexis

HarrieAlexis

Carnage

• Administrators
  • 1104 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Couple of hours? Before we count days. :D

#16 faponteras

faponteras

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Locationcurrently working in UAE

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

I had another one last night. Actually, this was because I acted stupid on being excited to use the Sup. Forging Tools (which I learned how to use from this forum). When I learned that it automatically disappears after forging and not by putting it in a slot from an NPC when forging, I tried upgraing my +5 VS Bastard Sword. Since I have 7 Sup. Forging Tools, my only fear is it being downgraded a couple of times. So, I went to Hollgrehenn to upgrade my weapon and I got shocked when it broke and my sup forging tools were still complete (luckily I had a spare Alca Bringer). Then I noticed the Blacksmith on the other side and there I found out that he's the one giving out the precision forging services. Again, out of excitement (and again being stupid) I tried to upgrade my Alca Bringer. This time my sup forging tools was used. Now I know the difference of the 2 NPCs, which I learned the hard way. :wacko:  :blink:  :wacko:

IGN:Poring - jasminrice

"Fear is the path to the dark side... Fear leads to anger... Anger leads to hate... Hate leads to suffering..."

#17 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Since I don't really read the quest details...

I used to think that as long as I have the peco ride equipped, I'm good to go. I thought I don't see myself riding it because I'm a priest and not a swordie/knight. :mellow:

I am here to play, not to find a boyfriend :huh:

#18 Atheneo

Atheneo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Early levels -- am not aware of different channels before.

I waited 45 mins. for a VVVS plant (cant remember the name) in sub-quest to re-spawn. :wacko:

#19 anisanurach

anisanurach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationDKI Jakarta, Indonesia.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Because someone posted in the announcement board they were looking for sup agi runes, I was poor, running all the way to vending, so no one would sell anything to him first. cos all I know is agi runes come from shoe, and I know those shoes are cheaper than the price he's posting he'll pay. Ive no idea, what was sup runes (when you go to ->material ->runes, all you can see is str, agi runes, etc, but I didn't see mjr, sup, etc.) So I bought tons of shoe with price lower than what the other player is posting he'll pay, I was as poor as hell, and I bought many different shoe, and extract them. meet up with the player. And he was like, "this is not sup agi runes, only 2 of them are, the rest are mjr, etc." And I was like "What are you sayin? what do you mean sup and mjr?" He ended up explaining it to me..., and I ended up losing my hard-earned 300k (I was lv 15). and sold the rest of the runes for like 25% of how much I bought them. :'o
  • sashimi likes this

#20 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:55 AM

*THREAD NECROMANCER*

After being away for a few months and coming back a couple weeks into the Path of Heroes update, I sold many mercenaries to NPC before realizing I could level up the others with those. "Damn this is wasting space" my mercs were lvl1 for over a week.

Can we bring this thread back to life? Hahaha

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account