191 replies to this topic

#181 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

You didn't mention it was 16aspd and 17str before xD almost the ideal sword as it is. I'd say add stun for PvP. Your atk won't benefit much from drake cards and poring S shoes or helm should be enough.

For boss hunts and such, go elemental with cheaper swords like the one I mentioned, but stun is your bread and bittter as a dps in battlefield. Please kill all the priests for me with your stunlock wahahahaaha.
  • Inteniaeffori likes this

#182 maprowww

maprowww

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

Please give me some advice about my Base Stats and the equipment for DPS knight, my level goes slowly Thank you.

lv 69 job 57

Base Stats:(+80)
STR       71+19
AGI        50+10
VIT         35+5
INT         1
SPR       1

Atk      774
Def      199
Matk    76
Mdef    96
Crit       45
Flee      10
Aspd    129(198)

HP 4795
HP Absorption 9%

Current Equips:
+5 Evil Wing S - HP (Clean)
+5 Life Link - All Def+7/7/7
+5 Greatsword of Trails S ATT +9/9/9
+5 Cmbt Greave S - Crit +4/4/4%
+5 VVVS Pauldrons - Aspd +777
 Sageworm - Crit +4/4/4% x2

Pet Bapho(Evo)

#183 IchibanYo

IchibanYo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

You didn't mention it was 16aspd and 17str before xD almost the ideal sword as it is. I'd say add stun for PvP. Your atk won't benefit much from drake cards and poring S shoes or helm should be enough.

For boss hunts and such, go elemental with cheaper swords like the one I mentioned, but stun is your bread and bittter as a dps in battlefield. Please kill all the priests for me with your stunlock wahahahaaha.

I just bought a +9 Vargarv (Bravery) Base atk272 Stun 3%, Critical 9% - Stun 444% for PvP. Hopefully I can kill more priests rather than getting killed by them. Lol.

#184 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:18 AM

I just bought a +9 Vargarv (Bravery) Base atk272 Stun 3%, Critical 9% - Stun 444% for PvP. Hopefully I can kill more priests rather than getting killed by them. Lol.

Hey! Congrats! That's a beast of a sword. Good luck in battle ^_^

#185 IchibanYo

IchibanYo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:36 PM

Hey frankz!

I was wondering if you could offer some advice and guidance regarding my stats, build and equips. I'm thinking about possibly changing up some of my armor equips. I'm interested in increasing my DEF without sacrificing ATK and ASPD. Is that possible? Here's my stats and equips.

Lvl. 90

Base Stats:
STR       99+59
AGI        32+13
VIT        50+16
INT          1+6
SPR         1+6

Atk      1233(1363 w/Elite Rouge)
Def       306
Matk    130
Mdef    187
Crit         12(40)
Flee         4
Aspd    180(240)

HP 10676

Current Equips:
+5 Dwarfs Battlehat - HP +480/480/480
+8 VVVS Rainbow Runner - Def +999

+9 Vargarv (Bravery) Base Atk272 Stun3/Crit9 - Stun 444%

+9 Vargarv (Bravery) Base Atk219  Aspd+16/Str+17 - Atk +15/15/15

+8 Valkyrie Boots S2 - HP +480/480/480
+8 VVS Valkyrie Manteau - Aspd +777
VVVS Gloves - Aspd +666
VVVS Gloves - Aspd +666

#186 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:21 AM

Ehmm... I keep being asked, you guys are insane I guess hahaha. Your eq is way better than mine, but sure, I'll give it a shot.

First one is a bit obvious, DBH should be +7, although I know forging rates are very bad atm.

There aren't many items to improve upon this build at your current level. The only way would be to find higher def accy like Battlering of Valkyrie with STR+All or VVVS Necklace, but those are too expensive.

Is that 240aspd with the ASPD VB or the other one? If you ever go over 240 you can cut back. You don't need 240 aspd with your stun sword since 220 is more than enough for stunlocks in battlefield.

At a higher level, I'd suggest you replace VVVS RR for sun's violence. You will lose ATK, but you can more than compensate for that by changing one of your accy to crit6/6/6, since your armor will give you a lot more ASPD and you'll have more skill points. Your def goes +20~25 and damage improves.

Actually, you could cut 10str from your stats right now, pump agi to 60, change ASPD cards for Crit cards. You'll have more damage that way. 18crit>30atk by far, especially with your beast aspd. But that doesn't fix your def.

Your current build, in my opinion,just needs the extra crit. It's otherwise totally BEAST. You can focus on leveling up and saving zeny for later upgrades.

I'm not sure if I was clear enough, hope it helped somehow.

#187 IchibanYo

IchibanYo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

Ehmm... I keep being asked, you guys are insane I guess hahaha. Your eq is way better than mine, but sure, I'll give it a shot.

First one is a bit obvious, DBH should be +7, although I know forging rates are very bad atm.

There aren't many items to improve upon this build at your current level. The only way would be to find higher def accy like Battlering of Valkyrie with STR+All or VVVS Necklace, but those are too expensive.

Is that 240aspd with the ASPD VB or the other one? If you ever go over 240 you can cut back. You don't need 240 aspd with your stun sword since 220 is more than enough for stunlocks in battlefield.

At a higher level, I'd suggest you replace VVVS RR for sun's violence. You will lose ATK, but you can more than compensate for that by changing one of your accy to crit6/6/6, since your armor will give you a lot more ASPD and you'll have more skill points. Your def goes +20~25 and damage improves.

Actually, you could cut 10str from your stats right now, pump agi to 60, change ASPD cards for Crit cards. You'll have more damage that way. 18crit>30atk by far, especially with your beast aspd. But that doesn't fix your def.

Your current build, in my opinion,just needs the extra crit. It's otherwise totally BEAST. You can focus on leveling up and saving zeny for later upgrades.

I'm not sure if I was clear enough, hope it helped somehow.

frankz, thanks for replying and your input!

Regarding the DBH, I've been trying to up it but the highest I've managed to get it to was +6. I'll get it to +7 sooner or later.

Yes, ASPD 240 with ASPD VB.

I'll try find someone with VVVS Gloves Crit+666% to trade with mine.

Now I just have to wait for a Time Capsule from daily spins to make your recommended Stat adjustments.. Lol.

I guess I won't worry too much about the amount of DEF I have. Its not really a huge issue for me.

Thanks again!

• frankz likes this

#188 IchibanYo

IchibanYo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hey frankz! How crucial is VIT to a DPS knight and how many stat points would u consider good enough? I've been playing around with my stat points and I really can't decide on a good distribution, mainly because I like to have 220-240 ASPD and I like to max out STR to maintain my 1400+ damage. Heh.

I'll post my current and new equips a little bit later so u have a clearer picture of where I can sacrifice stat points.

#189 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:21 AM

I can't emphasize this enough. Your build depends on your PLAY STYLE.

If you're referring to a battlefield build, and you like to attack fs and wizards, it's a different build than if you are trying to hold yourself in top platform.

Vit by itself isn't very important, but HP is. If you go full neutral, or neut+stun, you're gonna need to make up for at least some of that ho you lost by choosing neutral over HP cards. You'd then go for 60+ vit.

You aspd is just right, 220~240 is ideal. 1400damage seems to be your focus so it can't be changed. You don't need much ahi but you could add some and drop some aspd gears for higher atk/def/vit equips.

Example:
If you currently use dragon tribal manteau, have 0 dedicated agi points and 75 vit, you could easily have a more efficient build by getting Siege Cape carded with defense, agi50 and vit 50.

Your defense would go +20 approx, HP+ 800 and str+ 10, that easily compensates for the 25 vit. Distributing stats is a big advantage in battlefield, even if 1vs1 it doesn't help much.

I've seen this happen with myself. Since I have to keep 60agi to reach aspd 220 and crit 40 on a 1hand build, so my battle tank build suffers by losing roughly 10str and 15vit (+5vit I removed to add 25spr or so). This makes me weaker 1vs1, but only marginally (which doesn't matter in battlefield due to the many opponents), while giving me the ability to serve as DPs+tank in guild abyss or taking dwarf as a normal DPs, and also improving the mdef which helps a little more in battlefield, as well as having that extra speed to break empe.

I can't brag in valder by beating every other melee characterv(big whoooppp...), but in battlefield this versatility helps a lot... It's also boring to be just a tank.

It's all on your play style. If you don't battle often you can't build an effective character even if you copy the top dogs. Also, if you get bored, you don't play at all so find what you like and refine the build... Over and over again.

Sorry I got too wordy hahaha. Post the build so we can check it out :-p

#190 IchibanYo

IchibanYo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for replying frankz, ur input is always appreciated!

So, here goes!

Level 92.48%

Job Level 62.70%

Current Distribution:

STR          99 + 82/88 vvvs rr/ashy armor

AGI           61 + 17

VIT           20 + 10/25 vvvs rr/ashy armor

INT             0 + 10

SPR            0 + 10

HP    8815 w/Feather neut666

10255 w/Feather hp+480 set

ATK        1457/1477 vvvs rr/ashy armor

DEF          309/323 vvvs rr/ashy armor

MATK       147

MDEF       197

CRIT          50(78)

FLEE           8

ASPD       160/220 w/vvvs rr

141/201 w/ashy armor

*ATK includes Elite Rouge S Atk+200 Stun 5%

Current Equips:

+8 Feather Helm - HP +480/480/480

+8 Feather Helm - Neutral +666%

+8 VVVS Rainbow Runner - Def +999

+8 Ashy Armor - Def +999

+8 Suns Violence - Def +999 (in storage)

+8 Valkyrie Boots S2 - HP +480/480/480

+8 VVVS Pauldrons - ASPD +777

+9 Vargarv (Bravery) Base Atk219  Aspd+16/Str+17 - Stun 4% Neutral 77%

Battle Ring Of Valkyrie Str+8/All+5 - Crit +666%

Battle Ring Of Valkyrie Str+8/All+5 - Crit +666%

*Regarding my manteau, I chose VVVS Pauldrons mainly because of the Str+8/Aspd+10 bonus.

As for my play style, I spend most of my time online in SD. When I run out of keys and I'm waiting for keys to replenish, I farm solo. If I get bored with farming, I'll help noobies with their MQ's. I'll do battlefield for the Daily Mission GC but I wont go out of my way to hit every BF. As of lately, I've been doing more PvP, although not as much as some of the players that sit in town and try to PvP everyone that walks by them. Lol. I'll also do Novice Abyss if I don't miss the time and I can consistenly rank in the top 4.

So the build I'm leaning towards, is more of an all-round universal build, if that's possible. That being said, I'm not opposed to a 2-hand PvP build.

What build would u go for? Heh. And what equips would u replace?

As always, ur input and recommendations are always appreciated!

#191 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

OMG The rings and pet O.O hahaha

Your PvP/Battlefield set is done.Go full Stun on weapon and HP on hat/shoes. IMO Feather with HP doesn't make much sense, go for DBH or even Thor with ATK+HP. You probably won't need to add neutral cards while your attack is above 1400.

For  battlefield specifically, I'd consider adding an aspd card or 2 in your accessories to get the added HP and defense from Siege, so you wouldn't need your vit as much, but that's more of a personal choice. Your manteau is carded with aspd right? You can't go below 220 if you want your stun to be effective. 

If you wanna go rainbow chasing, try to get VVVS Muramasa ... or wait til lvl 99 for Thanos Weep Sword.

Your build is already multi-purpose and well refined, imo, except for the pauldrons that look like an attempt to simplify the build. There are a couple combinations possible that would allow you to have more def/vit and maintain a similar STR with 220 aspd:

Sun's Violence + Siege Cape

Ashy Armor + Dragon Tribal Manteau

Or a bit more extreme: Sun's + Dragon, cut the AGI and add VIT. You end up with a lot more vit/def than you have now, but lose ~20STR and close at barely 1400atk.

Probably the best balance is Sun's + Siege.

A lot of assumptions to reach a conclusion. Your build is awesome, that's why it's hard to modify it.

#192 IchibanYo

IchibanYo

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

Thanks frankz!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account