• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#41 Fact

Fact

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I have about 207 and soon to be more defense with shield buff as a tank with about 4k hp as knight right now. I have to say, most things at this point outside dungeons won't lower your hp at all. Lifesteal 10-20 hp is negligible for the big stuff in instances. Baphomet Elite and vvvs orc commanders and such will be hitting you for 300-900 even with high defense and magic defense. What I'm saying is unless you're soloing easy mobs outside the dungeons, don't get caught up on stacking life steal thinking it will suffice for a bonus to small potions vs the big stuff. It's marginal recovery when your healer is healing you for 700-1000 hp a heal and your taking that much a hit almost from the bosses.

If you get armor and gear good enough to boost up your defense to around 150, most things outside the dungeons for normal grind won't dip your hp at all past your passive regens. With the exception of a few like mukas with their magic attacks now and then.

There are hp absorb weapons that are way better than any others. For tanking instances, bosses, or whatever, hp absorb is awesome, even if 10 hp is nothing compared to a 1k hit. 

We have a high hp pool, we won't get 1 shot, so any extra hp we can recover will help us staying alive. Plus it makes leveling way easier and more profitable. 

I have about 4k hp, 150 def, and i still don't see a reason to discard my 2% hp absorb weap for more damage.

ps.: double post D: dunno how to delete this.

• Timothymt likes this

#42 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

Try soloing most of floor one and two of bhua aside the vvs enemies. Most undoubtidly the best exp and drop farming especially solo. Pretty fairly doable as a tank with high defense, high hp, and high damage. The wolves will be the ony enemy to actually lower your hp more than 50 points worth a hit as it follows up after a stun attack with a huge hp based attack if you don't kill it quick enough. If you neglect damage for a miniscule hp absorption at these attack power levels, you only take longer to kill the enemy... and THAT in itself is more downtime and health lost where you could have saved a few hits off which would easily amount to more hp than all the absorption the entire fight. Quicker the enemy dies, the less health you lose.

#43 Fact

Fact

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hmm, yea those wolfs are the shit. More than enough reason to get bash 10 hahaha, still not sure about the weapon.. its 12 atk difference, i'd rather put extra strength points to get those 12 than losing hp absorb >_>

#44 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Well depends on the weapon, you're not going to use a low level weapon once you hit past 40 no matter hp absorption or not. Bash lvl 8-10 and max 5 of the combo follow up will 2 shot wolves most of the time before they touch you if you react quick enough. Also every bit of base attack bonus helps. You have to remember, it may seem little, but skills scale  the bonus damage so that 12 atk may end up adding well over 20-40 points of damage. Every bit helps. Quicker they die less you lose.

#45 yhaby05

yhaby05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

hi, just wanna know if 2hand quicken is worth putting on? or just a waste of skill points? thx much :D

#46 PuppyPumper

PuppyPumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

It's the single best skill a 2h knight has. It should be maxed first.

It provides 28 crit at level 10

#47 Feint

Feint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

I got some build related questions so here goes...

1) Without the cash shop skill points, I'm going to have a total of 39 skill points, right?

2) Is a knight strong enough without twohand quicken and twohanded swords? My current one handed sword has a base atk of 69 and I can't really find anything good enough to take its place in the near future.

3) Skills. I'm thinking of maxing sword mastery, bash, fatal blow and magnum break. That'd be job level 36, I think. 4 leftover points to use on hp recovery or something. Is magnum break worth it? What are its stats on level 10?

4) Where did you guys level to job 35? I'm job 30 now and the mino mano repeatable quests all give me 5-10k exp each. I rarely find decent parties, so I often go solo. Can't really kill more than two vs monsters with my full hp.

#48 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

I got some build related questions so here goes...
1) Without the cash shop skill points, I'm going to have a total of 39 skill points, right?
2) Is a knight strong enough without twohand quicken and twohanded swords? My current one handed sword has a base atk of 69 and I can't really find anything good enough to take its place in the near future.
3) Skills. I'm thinking of maxing sword mastery, bash, fatal blow and magnum break. That'd be job level 36, I think. 4 leftover points to use on hp recovery or something. Is magnum break worth it? What are its stats on level 10?
4) Where did you guys level to job 35? I'm job 30 now and the mino mano repeatable quests all give me 5-10k exp each. I rarely find decent parties, so I often go solo. Can't really kill more than two vs monsters with my full hp.

vs mobs are useless when going solo on melees and the exp is not worth the trouble (referred by puppy). Its true coz you will be killing 3-4 normal mobs for 1 vs mob. don't take on the vs repeats if you don't have a party. wait till you start getting legendary wolves and bigfoot repeats then camp on them till you exhaust it then its up to you were to level for the big grind 32-35 jlvl 33-38/39 blvl.

tmukas - awesome loots when they drop hits harder (battle aco expernce)
legendary wolves - fast kill doesnt hit much. got the worst loot for remaining mobs to farm on
legendary bigfoot - you get the chance to be feared but i havnt exp this on non vs l.bfs.. loots are second to mukas

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#49 Feint

Feint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about thorn mukas, I've only killed the vs ones. Legend wolf quest gives me 5k exp at this point so it's quite pointless, bears will still net me almost 10k once so I'll probably do one more turn-in on them. The repeatable quests start to be too difficult(vvs thorn mukas for 50k exp?) even for parties as we rarely get acos to join us. Guess I'll just hunt bears and tmukas until I hit job 35.

Any help on the skills, anyone? :D

#50 Kei

Kei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

its never pointless to do quests, gives you something to do and it gives you a little goal to fight towards while u get exp and some cash

just think of the exp you get from killing them also

its gonna take a while to get to job 35 ._.

im using 50% job exp up and its still taking a while lol

Server - Poring
IGN - Kei - Mage

#51 yhaby05

yhaby05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

It's the single best skill a 2h knight has. It should be maxed first.

It provides 28 crit at level 10

thx :D

#52 vk135

vk135

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

its never pointless to do quests, gives you something to do and it gives you a little goal to fight towards while u get exp and some cash

just think of the exp you get from killing them also

its gonna take a while to get to job 35 ._.

im using 50% job exp up and its still taking a while lol

even with 1.5x exp mod + job manual = roughly 1.5 level only xD

Server: Poring
Characters: Violaire - Battle Priest ( Alfheim)

Selling Battle Priest items on Alfheim! http://valkyrieupris...ter/#entry31233

#53 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

updated original post a little bit, suggesting a 2:1 or 3:1  vit/str build now (full vit is kinda diminishing returns, some points in str will go a long ways), changed my recommended skill leveling up order, added a tiny bit of noob information about upgrading gear and slotting cards...

#54 Feint

Feint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

It's worth noting that the current top5 or so knights have very high str, and not all that much vit. I'm really starting to feel str is the way to go for solo players. Once your def is around 100(give or take some), monsters don't hit too hard but they still have lots of hp. The faster you kill, the less damage you take.

Has anyone tested magnum break? I'm really curious to know if it's a worthwhile skill to get.

#55 PuppyPumper

PuppyPumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

I was pure vit when I was in the top 5. I just realized that no current monsters require pure vit tanks. 

This may change with future updates. 

I use magnum break pretty often. One must decide to focus on single target DMG or aoe DMG.

#56 Sloppy

Sloppy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

It's worth noting that the current top5 or so knights have very high str, and not all that much vit. I'm really starting to feel str is the way to go for solo players. Once your def is around 100(give or take some), monsters don't hit too hard but they still have lots of hp. The faster you kill, the less damage you take.
Has anyone tested magnum break? I'm really curious to know if it's a worthwhile skill to get.

One thing to keep mind is the switch to knight basically doubles your health, or at least gives a large bonus. So after going knight str may be more useful.

Another thing is right now the content caps at 35-40 and the top ranked knights all out level and out gear the content, so str is more useful at that point

#57 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

updated original post a little bit, suggesting a 2:1 or 3:1  vit/str build now (full vit is kinda diminishing returns, some points in str will go a long ways), changed my recommended skill leveling up order, added a tiny bit of noob information about upgrading gear and slotting cards...

Yeah I have to aggree on more str than just full vit. I have changed to a 50/50 build since then, but I'm still using a tank setup. I find high defense, hp, and moderate attack pretty good for leveling and grinding bhua so far. Honestly prefer the exp in there from the vs than the endless camping of vs wolf/bigfoots. At my current setup I can about clear the first and second room of all vs straight up before I need to sit for a few seconds to regen some health which I find pretty decent before clearing out the group of vs in the third room. But yeah unless you need to go pure high hp tank for like maybe owl king or something. I don't think a full vit build is that important if you have the right gear.

Speaking of which has anyone on poring done owl king yet?

#58 PuppyPumper

PuppyPumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

I can never find anybody willing to go anywhere but bhua. I ask ever day to go to chino or owl. Lol

#59 Jinkoneko

Jinkoneko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

I can never find anybody willing to go anywhere but bhua. I ask ever day to go to chino or owl. Lol

Lucky you dude. Any idea what hats they drop? if any.

#60 PuppyPumper

PuppyPumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

I meant mino. Not bhua. We just got a team to try owl king.

DAT earth aoe! We need to farm bapho helms to face him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account