• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

@Zah Main quests need to be done in parties especially when you get to valder. You don't need a full party, but someone else will help greatly. You can solo parts of it at times by kiting. The amount of time you spend doing a low lvl repeatable quest is better served trying to find a party that will get you more exp from main quests. But if you are having a really hard time, then yeah go right ahead and do some repeatables.

#22 Bleevie

Bleevie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

@Zah

I would suggest try checking the look-for-party below the message boards because you might find parties that have the same quest as you. There are also guilds who are increasing their gpts who registers their pt there.

#23 Zah Torre

Zah Torre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

iv tried like walk like sage i can kill but with bolt beat bolt beat many times.. and iv skip many low lvl r quest but definitely not skippin a 47k rq..

#24 zee

zee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Rq is ok. But at some point, you can possibly die more than the exp it can provide due to the difficulty. Try a few hundred fast moving anacondaq. Without a pt, you could possibly end up netting negative exp. And there are few who do repeatables at that point in the game.

#25 Zah Torre

Zah Torre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:39 AM

finally found some good players to party with.. they help me do my quest just even they dont have any quest and so on.. glad to see some high levels helping newbies with nothing in exchange..

#26 Risse

Risse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

I knew it! I have a feeling that vankyrien is yours when you call me before in forta using your priest. I was like how did risend know my name lol.. nice guide btw..;P

#27 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

lol, that was funny.. i imagined you were making a confused face in real life.  :lol:

#28 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

Risend aka Vanky (ughhhh),

There has always been a huge discussion whether to choose LoV or SG for farming/grinding/PVE and I think you you missed the part in this guide explaining their main differences  :D . Based on the conversations that I had with a lot of wizards in-game, the decision is split 50:50. Half preferred LoV for apparently (otherwise not proven) lower cooldown while the other half prefers SG for apparently (again, not proven) more damage. Any clarification would be great :).

I've tried LOV and SG (level 10) on Dulla and SG does more damage, thats why I switched to SG.

#29 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

I've tried LOV and SG (level 10) on Dulla and SG does more damage, thats why I switched to SG.

In terms of damage per hit on dulla, SG is higher. But LOV has more hits so the total damage difference is not really that much. Besides, with a well geared wiz, MS+LOV is already enough to wipe out the green dullas in one cycle.

However, grinding in dulla map also includes the green raydrics which are water element. Here is where the LOV outperforms the SG.
  • Kampyon and Sennheiser11 like this

#30 SuperNin

SuperNin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:25 AM

On another note, LOV is very useful for early grinding in skels and farming in ferry. You can also use it to hunt drake which is water element.

Honestly, I never saw any benefit from SG other than add survivability for low level tanks since it freezes some mobs which lessens the damage to tanks.
  • Sennheiser11 likes this

#31 Yannoux

Yannoux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Since I am not having a lot of success in my own topic, I try it on yours Risend (Sorry master <3)

I have a question concerning %matk and %elemental_dmg.
I understood this formula: [ [ Character Level + ( Total INT x 3 ) ] x ( 1 + total weapom Matk% )] + total Matk from gears (Including Weapon Cards) = Final Matk

But I am still not sure of something, so let see on a simple example:
Let's take the wand of the trial (30% matk and 8% shadow) and a wizz lvl 50 with 100int (including stuff)

Which of the following is the right way to calculate the damages?
- 1st solution: (Add elemental + Matk at same time)
Total = [ [ 50 + ( 100 x 3 ) ] x ( 1 + 0.30 + 0.08 )] = 483
- 2nd solution: (Add elemental AFTER Matk)
Total = [ [ 50 + ( 100 x 3 ) ] x ( 1 + 0.30 )] x 1.08 = 491.4

Of course on this example it's not changing a lot, but I still find this interesting to understand =)
Thank you in advance math lovers <3

#32 Sennheiser11

Sennheiser11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationPoring

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

I didn't try anything yet, but IMO:

The second one is right. Matk % from staff and elemental is have own calculation, not added each others.. It's different parameter.

Thats from my logic

#33 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Yup, second one. It gets noticeable later when you got 1k+ matk. 

#34 Yannoux

Yannoux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

Thank you very much for your answers guys!

I'll come back soon with new questions ^^

#35 Yannoux

Yannoux

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Hey it's me again =)

My question concerns shadow-staffs for Dullahans.

I am on Alfheim which is the "new" server and staffs with more than 50% Matk are very expensive!
(I am dreaming of the Croce staff S2, but it will stay a dream for a while...)

So my question is the Wand of Trial S (45% Matk ) upgraded to +7 (so finally 56% Matak) with shadow cards (6% or maybe 7%), is it enough to be accepted in dulla parties in Alfheim?
Or should I totally forget about Dullas until I have hundreds of thousands of zeny to spend?

Thanks in advance!

#36 risend

risend

Poring Armada

• Administrators
  • 1257 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

Minimum requirement for Dullahans is as follows:

1. Jolly Ginseng Hat S 3x shadow cards

2. Shadow Staff with more than 50% matk

3. VVVS Durable shoes 3x water cards

Without these, your damage is going to be very low.

That being said if it is your guildies, friends, or they are equipped similar to you, you can get away with less. I have had some guildies with no proper staff, helm, or shoes in my party, heh. Same when dullahans first came out, everyone was doing weak damage so it was okay. Also higher leveled parties might have higher requirements in order to party with them. Everyone is different. Just don't take it personally if you get kicked.

#37 LordSho

LordSho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

is it bad that i chose SG over LOV?.. :( did i mess up my skill build? :(

#38 Peilobak

Peilobak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:30 PM

^ When you talk to high-level wizards in the game, you will eventually realize that it will all depend on the person. As they say, "to each his own."

Personally, I use LOV. But I know of high-level wizards who prefer SG, and some even use Heaven's Drive.

Don't worry. You didn't mess up your build. If you chose SG, that bright side is you will be strong against Fire element monsters. LOV will be strong against water monsters. HD will be strong against wind monsters.

#39 LordSho

LordSho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

cool! :D i'm still lvl 44 though so im hoping i get to finish the MQ soon to get to  60ish. any advice on getting gold coins? where do i farm them? i hear a lot of people talking about them but i cant get morethan 2 GC in home O_O

#40 Peilobak

Peilobak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

cool! :D i'm still lvl 44 though so im hoping i get to finish the MQ soon to get to 60ish. any advice on getting gold coins? where do i farm them? i hear a lot of people talking about them but i cant get morethan 2 GC in home O_O

Answer to your question is discussed and detailed out here:

http://valkyrieupris...8480-gold-coins

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wizard, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account
@  mobimobi69 : (18 December 2015 - 06:40 AM) guys i have an old account