Standard Cleric / Annoying Fairy Princess
99 INT, VIT / SPR distribution upon your need
The aim is to avoid dps knights and Sonic Blow 'sins, and punish middle settlers / weakened targets with a MAX INT holy light. 30 SPR should be enough for the current metagame Wiz. And the remaining stat points should be allotted to VIT to give some resistance to physical attacks in case they are unavoidable. Without stat scrolls, no stat can be added to VIT, and SPR will max at 25. You can add more VIT and less SPR if you feel you're having trouble with Sonic Blows and DPS.
Hit Em Like a Truck
80 INT, 50 VIT, 40 SPR
This build will resist the occasional sonic blow with enough DEF and can survive a 57% extra neutral damage 1.3K ATK from a top assassin. Pair this with 280 DEF and you can safely lower the VIT to increase the INT for more damage and heal. Should be able to heal off damages from DPS given you don't stun to death. The 10 SPR points maybe unnecessary and can be given to VIT preferrably or INT depending on your needs. This build requires stat scrolls and cannot be done without them. BabyTiffany of Asgard used to sport this build in the abundance of physical attackers.
WHAT TO BRING INSIDE THE BATTLEFIELD
I cannot stress how important this is in a wizard-dominated Battlefield. Green Pots cures immobility from NAPALM BEAT skill, which wizards spam a lot these days so keep that in your shortcuts. Also, beware of not bringing enough. If you get killed by Napalm Beat, you won't be able to move after respawning. This is a bug in the game that has not been addressed or probably will ever be so keep those green pots handy.
If being a priest is like life, the Slash of Honor S is the nanny that spoiled you never to rely on blue pots. Unfortunately inside the BF, the nanny is most likely not the weapon of choice, so you lose the SP regen. Using a Phantom Mace or Karga Mace Bravery will consume your SP with every heal so keep those blues in the shortcut.
2 Fresh Breads (VS Kukukings) and 1 Fresh Cheese (Mace Kobolds) adds 6 INT / 30 MATK. This is essential for priests that use Nightmare instead of Sohee and basically not something you don't want to have inside. The effect wears off after ten minutes so put this on your shortcut list.
Adds 30 MDEF. NEVER go inside BF without this. You need 2 Fresh Sandwich Bread from VS Hammer Kobolds / VS Pirate Skels and Fresh Cheese from VS Mace Kobolds / VS Goblins
Spe Mushroom Stew
2 Fresh Sauce from VS Goblin Champs and 1 Fresh Mushroom from VS Dullahan. Adds 10 SPR (3 SP regen) and 10 MDEF.
2 Fresh Medicinal Roots (VS Raydric) and 1 Fresh Mushroom (VS Dullahan). Adds 10 VIT which translates to 40 - 120 HP depending on your VIT. Also adds on your DEF.
Some Final Tips
1. No matter how good your equips are, you are always at the mercy of your device / internet connection. If your phone is acting up / your internet connection sucks, you will not do very well in your room. Always invest on these before anything else.
2. Don't be annoying. Don't go Holy Lighting full HP targets coz you can't really kill anyone with one HL, unless they're like level 10. In the end, this can get you more trouble than good. In fact, what good does holy lighting a full HP do other than have that person turn on you?
3. Patience. Don't attack a wiz that has just cast its MS. Wait for a good time to strike.
4. Stack those blue pots. Chances are you will run out of SP healing yourself from all the random firebolt you get. Keep those blue pots ready in a convenient slot.
5. Bring green pots. There is a crazy bug now where if you die from a napalm beat, you won't be able to move after you respawn and you would need to restart. A green pot will lift this immobility. Keep some in handy in case you don't have cure. A similar happens when you die from a storm gust. You would respawn and won't be able to defrost yourself. Sadly, a green pot does not work in this case. Best relog.
6. Don't take it too personally. It's just a game. Don't go revenge killing. Focus on getting those emps / valks and staying alive as long as possible.
7. Know your threats and avoid them. Choose your room. Find the people you synergize with properly. Chances are, you have the same playing styles as other priests, and a room with too many priests can cause you less points.
8. Buddy up. Make alliances. It may be free for all inside, but a wizard spamming bolts on you might as well be a wizard spamming bolts on a dps attacking you.
9. Time your heals. See a wiz with "FIRE BOLT" written over its head. Time to press heal after .5 seconds.
10. Avoid stun. D'oh. Generally, avoid a dps or approach them with caution. Also these things called Meteor Storm, don't get too close.
11. You can't beat everyone. Just because you got the best eq doesn't make you invincible. In fact, the better eq and standing you have, the more likely you'd be considered a threat and be targeted. Play it wisely and don't tempt luck and go holy lighting everyone you see.
12. Always check your gear before starting. It has happened several times that I come in and get killed because I am wearing the wrong shield or shoes. Also, pay attention to your buffs.
How much HP do I need inside?
A lot. I mean like over 9,000. I have 9,299 and I can be taken down with enough persistence or if my heal does not cooperate.
What level do I start playing BF?
I started BF a little too early at level 62, though in my defense, people weren't very high level then. Most everyone is still scratching 71-73. But the level gap made me a fame fodder and my equips are pretty crappy. VS Sleipnir, Ascetic Manteau, and Angelic Protctn S can be worn at lvls 66, 67, and 68. Without stat scrolls, you won't be maxing your INT at level 66 and this means you don't have stats for SPR and VIT. Looking back, I think the ideal level is 70.
Why should I play BF?
Because it's fun and challenging and you get to die without losing 2%. Also you get gold ingots to buy better equips from the GC trade.
What to do when I skill bug inside?
If it's still early and you don't have much fame yet, I suggest a quick relog. If it's like the last 5 minutes, then I suggest you just sit down and accept the rank points / fame points you have. Chances are, you might get into a crappy room and get negative fame. A relog would normally cost 30-45 seconds. Sometimes, it's ok to just give up. If you skill bug midway, like 10-11 minutes in, then tough luck. A lot of time left, so relog is advisable.
I followed all your advice and I am still crappy; your advice is bad and you should feel bad.
No one improves overnight. It took me a long time to understand what I am doing wrong and how to play inside. Dust yourself off and try again. You will eventually get it.
What's your worst BF experience?
I skill bugged thrice. Got killed on the first relog only to skill bug again. Relogged got killed twice. Skill bug again. Then I just cried and ate my cookies.
If you have anymore questions or anything to share, please do.