45 replies to this topic

#1 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

So I have been reading threads here (for the past month or so) and I was scared to post a topic that's already been answered but so far, I haven't seen a thread (nor answer) that discussed this specific built.

I am so noob that I can't use the battle priest guide as basis because, well...

1. I don't understand it (the matk equivalent to the ratio of the int etc..)

2. I don't know where to get most of the quips/pets mentioned

3. I can't calculate for the life of me the stats and what it can do for me and my skills

..I am not lazy I'm just really dumb not understanding it :blink:

From reading guidelines and answers from veteran priests, I did learn a few but I don't think my Lurer FS is advancing... AT ALL. -_-

I have been visiting the Auction for the last couple of weeks waiting for someone to sell Slash of honor only to find out it's available at Event Manager NPC :wacko: So now, I am saving GC to get a hold of that weapon. :wub:

So far, I am still not quite sure what best equipment set to get as I want to be an effective Lurer AND FS. I suppose I need DEF, MATK? I am stupid clueless when it comes to stats and so I followed the 3:2 Int/Vit ratio. I am able to (almost barely most of the time) survive even on strong maps with spam heal but I want only if possible to survive without having a heart attack in the process! <_<

I can't even post my current equips as it will only show how noob I am with choosing the right armors. (Lets just say I put r4 Ivy S cards on my VVS Morningstar weapon for more Int as opposed to neutral damage cards :rolleyes: )

So hopefully, someone can enlighten me what equip to get (aside from weapon), where to get them and what cards are best to put.

(I have also tried searching the database for most of the equips mentioned on the other guides but most of them don't have info on where they can be looted)

If this has been answered and I prolly missed it, please do share the link, I will be more than happy to read it.

If you need to know anything regarding the current stats/set to help me out, let me know which one I need to share :)

Thanks so much and I hope I can be on top 50 priest on my server soon LOL :lol: :lol:

I am here to play, not to find a boyfriend :huh:

#2 AstroStatic

AstroStatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationIn Your Dreams

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'm just curious, why do you want to lure? It's a hassle.  If you're just going to support, all you have to do is stand there buff and heal, that easy. And you don't need expensive stuff aswell. You don't have to worry about your def. All you gotta do is get as much INT as you possibly can and afford and the GC mace can help you not to burn so much blue pots.

IGN: AstroStatic / AstroSinX

Job: Knight / Assassin

Server: Valhalla metal.gif

#3 evitte2

evitte2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

You need to be clearer on what mobs you are luring, what level you are, and what equipments you have. Astrostatic is right. Normal support priest has it easy, but luring is fun.

#4 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

I'm just curious, why do you want to lure? It's a hassle.  If you're just going to support, all you have to do is stand there buff and heal, that easy. And you don't need expensive stuff aswell. You don't have to worry about your def. All you gotta do is get as much INT as you possibly can and afford and the GC mace can help you not to burn so much blue pots.

It's not for grinding.. it's for quests actually...

I usually party (actually most of the time) with wiz and we can't find a good soul wall to help us so I end up luring mobs for our repeats and sub quests... I would like to be able to lure at least 3-4 monsters so we can finish each quests faster... :(

You need to be clearer on what mobs you are luring, what level you are, and what equipments you have. Astrostatic is right. Normal support priest has it easy, but luring is fun.

It's from giant hornets to skels (I boost my low level friends) and we always waste a good time finding lurer/wall who eventually leaves us without finishing the quest..

And yeah, luring is fun.. if you're strong enough :D

**I am thinking of changing servers though I still play this character and I will still want to be Lure FS on poring ;) **

I'm level 62

Vit 31+1

Int 78+36

Def 80

Matk 500

Mdef 60

Aspd 42

P.S

Thanks for your responses.. :)

#5 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationValhalla & Poring

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

Lately, I have been seeing priest luring in Kalim maps with 2 wizards in party for faster kills faster spawns faster exp gained. However for starters I would save up and just stay as buff and heal role until you feel comfortable luring with the gears you've attained.

A few notable priests that I know that lures are SuperTracy, Fione, Shontle, Izaria, risend, Lestrange, lPLe, Florence2011, Mlyy, Eleison, and a few others but haven't had the pleasure bumping into them. You can definitely check their gears most of them are level 65+ in the level ranking board. If you catch them online don't be shy to ask them. If they're not too busy I am hoping they're willing to assist and exchange and pass down some of their knowledge to you.

Yeah..item/gear database barely shows item/gear dropped per beasts/monsters.

Anything with a VS/VVS/VVVS <Item/Gear> are crafted via respective Artificer NPC located in towns.
Then, you got the <Item/Gear> S/S2 obtained from <Class> Box (A) through (D).

Anyway, you mentioned you are in Poring server, message me your IGN or here if you're comfortable sharing that information for everyone to see...either way works. Your IGN will help me locate you in-game when you're online.

Welcome to ROVU...hope you enjoy playing this game as much as the other players that's still alive since its release :D
  • 2shontle3 likes this

#6 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

Thanks Jaleah! :wub:

My ign in Poring is WhiteSashimi

But I joined this certain guild in Valhalla that made me want to stay put for now so I am really into working out my Lure FS built. :)

I guess I'm not looking to be a lurer like knight lurer, instead just be strong enough to withstand mobs like skels without spam healing? At the same time have at least 2-3k heal so I can join boss hunts... will that be possible for my level? (currently 62)

If this is possible can anyone kindly include cards to put and in which equip? I'll be more than happy to research where to get them, I just need to know exactly which one I need :D

thanks so much!

• Jaleah likes this

#7 TTUPEG

TTUPEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

www.rovu,info  has character simulation.

#8 Fishhook

Fishhook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

more power to you sistah if you want to lure.  It is undoubtedly very fun. 

Ferrus or Gryphon - nothing beats a fast mount to lure faster.

Don't get hit - well, not as often.  You really don't have/need to cross the monster to lure them, walking/running next to them is all it needs to get their attention.

Food Buffs - I rarely do this but then I have fairly good equips.  Food Buffs like Vit, Def, Agi, Spr, will help boost your survival albeit expensive.

Shield - a good well-carded shield.   Specific to mob element you want to lure.  This also gets expensive, as well as everything In this evil game >.>.

The cards you need to help you become a 2nd rate lurer/fs  (1st rate goes to knights).

-HP cards on either shoes or helm and accessories (480 hp is the best and the most expensive, 360 will do but lower than that might as well not bother.  for the accessory theyre 180hp cards.  expensive too.)

-Neutral cards on either shoes or helm (poring s cards)

-DEF cards on armor (Bloody murder def7 is good but if you have money go for def8 or def9)

-Neutral cards on mace (Kukuring R4 or R3)

-Agi or Def Cards on Manteau (desert wolf s for AGI and golem S for DEF) (its up to you on this one but a lot of FS are rolling with AGI cards on their mant for added minimum heal value but Battlefield FS prefer DEF cards nowadays)(both works)

Equipments you need can vary and your wallet is the only limitation.  Choose equipment with High Int, Def or HP Bonuses. 

GLuck!

• Jaleah likes this

Screw you FB users. 

#9 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

-Agi or Def Cards on Manteau (desert wolf s for AGI and golem S for DEF) (its up to you on this one but a lot of FS are rolling with AGI cards on their mant for added minimum heal value but Battlefield FS prefer DEF cards nowadays)(both works)

Just a minor correction to Fishhook's awesome insight, Baphomet S card for AGI. Dark Illusion and Desert Wolf cards for Flee.

Your Defense is a bit low so you might want to work and get that up to 200+ if you plan to lure....or like Fishhook suggested, you don't have to necessarily run them over for them to start chasing you, dodge them as you lure close enough where they start to glare and try to remember the distance from them to you when they have that "fsh" icon. They'll find their way to the party, to be slaughtered, if you're nowhere in sight.

Look me up in Valhalla, Jaleah, level 65. She has very basic gears, but very capable of luring. Her build is also for soloing purposes and can provide full-support to a party, whenever grouped. There is also a guide buried here in this forum on how to lure effectively :P

#10 faponteras

faponteras

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Locationcurrently working in UAE

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

Lately, I have been seeing priest luring in Kalim maps with 2 wizards in party for faster kills faster spawns faster exp gained. However for starters I would save up and just stay as buff and heal role until you feel comfortable luring with the gears you've attained.

A few notable priests that I know that lures are SuperTracy, Fione, Shontle, Izaria, risend, Lestrange, lPLe, Florence2011, Mlyy, Eleison, and a few others but haven't had the pleasure bumping into them. You can definitely check their gears most of them are level 65+ in the level ranking board. If you catch them online don't be shy to ask them. If they're not too busy I am hoping they're willing to assist and exchange and pass down some of their knowledge to you.

Yeah..item/gear database barely shows item/gear dropped per beasts/monsters.

Anything with a VS/VVS/VVVS <Item/Gear> are crafted via respective Artificer NPC located in towns.
Then, you got the <Item/Gear> S/S2 obtained from <Class> Box (A) through (D).

Anyway, you mentioned you are in Poring server, message me your IGN or here if you're comfortable sharing that information for everyone to see...either way works. Your IGN will help me locate you in-game when you're online.

Welcome to ROVU...hope you enjoy playing this game as much as the other players that's still alive since its release :D

Long live Izaria!!!

• Jaleah likes this

IGN:Poring - jasminrice

"Fear is the path to the dark side... Fear leads to anger... Anger leads to hate... Hate leads to suffering..."

#11 NivlannE

NivlannE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:38 AM

Im a Str Aspd battle priest from Valhalla.. I've been luring eversince.. :D

I have 35 vit on me plus HP set from hg and shoes.. Thats enough for you to max lure in any map.. its all about on how you lure the mobs. Keep your distance and pass by on each of them. If you see them /fsh then thats it..

Hope this helps..

So I have been reading threads here (for the past month or so) and I was scared to post a topic that's already been answered but so far, I haven't seen a thread (nor answer) that discussed this specific built.

I am so noob that I can't use the battle priest guide as basis because, well...

1. I don't understand it (the matk equivalent to the ratio of the int etc..)
2. I don't know where to get most of the quips/pets mentioned
3. I can't calculate for the life of me the stats and what it can do for me and my skills

..I am not lazy I'm just really dumb not understanding it :blink:

From reading guidelines and answers from veteran priests, I did learn a few but I don't think my Lurer FS is advancing... AT ALL. -_-

I have been visiting the Auction for the last couple of weeks waiting for someone to sell Slash of honor only to find out it's available at Event Manager NPC :wacko: So now, I am saving GC to get a hold of that weapon. :wub:

So far, I am still not quite sure what best equipment set to get as I want to be an effective Lurer AND FS. I suppose I need DEF, MATK? I am stupid clueless when it comes to stats and so I followed the 3:2 Int/Vit ratio. I am able to (almost barely most of the time) survive even on strong maps with spam heal but I want only if possible to survive without having a heart attack in the process! <_<

I can't even post my current equips as it will only show how noob I am with choosing the right armors. (Lets just say I put r4 Ivy S cards on my VVS Morningstar weapon for more Int as opposed to neutral damage cards :rolleyes: )

So hopefully, someone can enlighten me what equip to get (aside from weapon), where to get them and what cards are best to put.

(I have also tried searching the database for most of the equips mentioned on the other guides but most of them don't have info on where they can be looted)

If this has been answered and I prolly missed it, please do share the link, I will be more than happy to read it.

If you need to know anything regarding the current stats/set to help me out, let me know which one I need to share :)

Thanks so much and I hope I can be on top 50 priest on my server soon LOL :lol: :lol:

• Jaleah likes this

#12 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

I thought you retired Niv :D

#13 evitte2

evitte2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Just to answer the INT to MATK computation:

1 INT = 3 MATK before any buff bless or weapon. Unlike VIT and STR which adds more pts to HP and ATK respectively the more stat points you put, INT remains to add 3 MATK per INT point added.

Then here comes maces / staves.

If you notice the staves and maces having "MATK 40%" (as in Slash of Honor) that means you multiply the MATK you have before by 1.4. Therefore, upgrading your maces to +7 and up is a must to get a higher MATK.

This means, a +7 slash of honor s, will give you 3 * 1.51 = 4.53 matk per INT point you add. MATKs from cards and equips do not get multiplied. BUT INT from cards and equips get multiplied.

• Jaleah likes this

#14 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:58 AM

more power to you sistah if you want to lure.  It is undoubtedly very fun. 

Ferrus or Gryphon - nothing beats a fast mount to lure faster.

Don't get hit - well, not as often.  You really don't have/need to cross the monster to lure them, walking/running next to them is all it needs to get their attention.

Food Buffs - I rarely do this but then I have fairly good equips.  Food Buffs like Vit, Def, Agi, Spr, will help boost your survival albeit expensive.

Shield - a good well-carded shield.   Specific to mob element you want to lure.  This also gets expensive, as well as everything In this evil game >.>.

The cards you need to help you become a 2nd rate lurer/fs  (1st rate goes to knights).

-HP cards on either shoes or helm and accessories (480 hp is the best and the most expensive, 360 will do but lower than that might as well not bother.  for the accessory theyre 180hp cards.  expensive too.)

-Neutral cards on either shoes or helm (poring s cards)

-DEF cards on armor (Bloody murder def7 is good but if you have money go for def8 or def9)

-Neutral cards on mace (Kukuring R4 or R3)

Equipments you need can vary and your wallet is the only limitation.  Choose equipment with High Int, Def or HP Bonuses. 

GLuck!

very, very, very much appreciated!! :wub:

Just to answer the INT to MATK computation:

1 INT = 3 MATK before any buff bless or weapon. Unlike VIT and STR which adds more pts to HP and ATK respectively the more stat points you put, INT remains to add 3 MATK per INT point added.

Then here comes maces / staves.

If you notice the staves and maces having "MATK 40%" (as in Slash of Honor) that means you multiply the MATK you have before by 1.4. Therefore, upgrading your maces to +7 and up is a must to get a higher MATK.

This means, a +7 slash of honor s, will give you 3 * 1.51 = 4.53 matk per INT point you add. MATKs from cards and equips do not get multiplied. BUT INT from cards and equips get multiplied.

I see... thanks for explaining it!! ^_^

#15 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

Just a minor correction to Fishhook's awesome insight, Baphomet S card for AGI. Dark Illusion and Desert Wolf cards for Flee.

Look me up in Valhalla, Jaleah, level 65. She has very basic gears, but very capable of luring. Her build is also for soloing purposes and can provide full-support to a party, whenever grouped. There is also a guide buried here in this forum on how to lure effectively :P

Thanks for the other options for cards. I still don't understand the "S" thing though, a player told me I need to compound them and I need a cash shop item but I'll search for the thread about that for more details, sure there's one here somewhere :lol:

And yes, I'll definitely look you up! Hopefully, you're not busy coz I tend to ask soooo many questions LOL :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------

Ok uhm, I think I wasn't clear about what I really want to do... so I'm thinking LURE isn't the best term to use though that's the only one I can think of...

So, what I really want to do is to lure the mob and bring them to the party (usually one wiz) and you know, stay there til the wiz kills the mob. This again, is just for Quests so 2-3 monsters' fine (4-5 preferred :lol: ), better than 1 monster while spam healing :wacko: so is this lure/wall/fs?

I've already seen a lot of FS do this but I can't find out what equip they're using...

I'm thinking I need more defense and higher heal so the cards and weapons you guys suggested should be perfect though I think I'll skip the ferrus/griff for now (though I DO want to have one in the future hehe)

Im a Str Aspd battle priest from Valhalla.. I've been luring eversince.. :D

I have 35 vit on me plus HP set from hg and shoes.. Thats enough for you to max lure in any map.. its all about on how you lure the mobs. Keep your distance and pass by on each of them. If you see them /fsh then thats it..

Hope this helps..

Sir, how many HP do you currently have? I have like 3k+ atm and I still need to spam heal while luring 2-3 kukukings...

Although I seem to be confusing and you guys might be thinking like wtf does this girl want from us?! -- I do THANK YOU for all your inputs.  :)

#16 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

Sashimi push it sis more fun grinding with 2wizz fast exp tho u can lure,buffs, heal at the same time U can check my duel rank 47 2priest in bet. My rank luring priest also use hp set if u wanna lure and sohs for sp regen ^_^
U can ask me anytime IGN: SHONTLE (same server)

#17 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

Sashimi push it sis more fun grinding with 2wizz fast exp tho u can lure,buffs, heal at the same time U can check my duel rank 47 2priest in bet. My rank luring priest also use hp set if u wanna lure and sohs for sp regen ^_^
U can ask me anytime IGN: SHONTLE (same server)

sorry, what's your rank again? I def want to see your set :D

I'll try to look for you too, thanks! :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Earlier, I was in a party with a wiz and while were waiting for tank, we decided to start with the gob quest, we were mobbed, like a LOT of mixed monsters and he was impressed that I was able to heal him and myself until he killed 'em all. It feels great so I'm really really looking forward to making this build work!! ^_^

Thanks so much for all your input guys!!

I'll check out the Sohee trade in Valhalla, hopefully, I can afford one soon heh ;)

#18 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:54 AM

Duel rank 47 had 2set hp and neut my stat dpends on what i equiped... neut set for grinding if fs then hp set for bf and 2wizz grinding^_^
  • 2shontle3 likes this

#19 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Duel rank 47 had 2set hp and neut my stat dpends on what i equiped... neut set for grinding if fs then hp set for bf and 2wizz grinding^_^

Niice... thanks Shontle! I'll try to find you.. /gg

• 2shontle3 likes this

#20 NivlannE

NivlannE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

I do have around 6.8k HP if im using HP set..

Thanks for the other options for cards. I still don't understand the "S" thing though, a player told me I need to compound them and I need a cash shop item but I'll search for the thread about that for more details, sure there's one here somewhere :lol:

And yes, I'll definitely look you up! Hopefully, you're not busy coz I tend to ask soooo many questions LOL :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------

Ok uhm, I think I wasn't clear about what I really want to do... so I'm thinking LURE isn't the best term to use though that's the only one I can think of...

So, what I really want to do is to lure the mob and bring them to the party (usually one wiz) and you know, stay there til the wiz kills the mob. This again, is just for Quests so 2-3 monsters' fine (4-5 preferred :lol: ), better than 1 monster while spam healing :wacko: so is this lure/wall/fs?

I've already seen a lot of FS do this but I can't find out what equip they're using...

I'm thinking I need more defense and higher heal so the cards and weapons you guys suggested should be perfect though I think I'll skip the ferrus/griff for now (though I DO want to have one in the future hehe)

Sir, how many HP do you currently have? I have like 3k+ atm and I still need to spam heal while luring 2-3 kukukings...

Although I seem to be confusing and you guys might be thinking like wtf does this girl want from us?! -- I do THANK YOU for all your inputs. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account
@  mobimobi69 : (18 December 2015 - 06:40 AM) guys i have an old account