#1 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:46 AM

I just want to rant....

1. I hate it when party members don't bring any pots and then fight all at the same time (without fusing) and they expect me to run around and heal them all.. then gets angry when they die ?!&%#$

2. When a party member treats me like a kafra

e.g

FS tp me to town, i forgot to buy bwing

*tp to town, summon*

*tp to wall*

FS tp

*summon to map*

FS tp me to town pls I forgot again...

?!#$%^&!

3. When a wall doesn't have enough defense and then goes AFK on start of the game. I'm like, would it hurt to at least cast SM from time to time?!?! *heal*heal*heal*HEAL m******r heal!!!!

I am here to play, not to find a boyfriend :huh:

#2 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • LocationValhalla & Poring

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

Hahahaha!! I think all the priests in-game and those here that created and plays or played a priest as their main has been through that.

One of the many reasons why I don't party as often and play as a soloist. Wait until you're fused with a thief lurer....and you wonder perhaps having another wizard or a swordsman would've been a better choice.

The only 2 classes that are not allowed to make any errors are tanks and priests...any others they can dc...accidentally move....suddenly goes to town to sell things so they can loot more to sell again.....moments like these just makes you give up grouping with others all in all...best create 2 or 3 new accounts and party with your own self at least you grind, level, or quest at at your own pace.

For those that rather save their resources and ends up yelling at you....get them killed some more until they realize that perhaps they should use their pots they had saved in their inventory all those times you're partied with them....they save them when they are soloing...joining a group unprepared is just stupid if you ask me. You didn't create your character so you can spend your resources on them. Players with no contingency plan deserves and are meant to die. It's not your fault if you're triaging and they left a monster on you causing you to spread your heals versus focused heals. You stay alive if you're unable to assist them in a timely manner....just remember you're the lifeline of the party....without a priest there can be no effective party. Well there is, but that's another story.

#3 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

Wait until you PT a "auto click" wizard, a AFK wall. 

Wall = NO SM cause AFK.

Monster is all around you cause lure did a good job. Wiz no casting coz of skill bug. You're GG-ed.

End up whole party standing there for I don't know how many minutes (until the wizard realize it's skill bug) and CC to cast.

Or you can always TP back to town after 3 mins of screaming. Kill all of them. Cause AFK players = I'm prepare to die player.  :lol:

(Imagine if you're using celestial manual with this kind of people)  :angry:

• Mel likes this

#4 Mel

Mel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

sorry if i afk'ed a lot bebe..heheh :rolleyes:  :wub:

iron_copy.jpg

#5 Fishhook

Fishhook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

HAHAHAHA,  the woes of being an FS.... 

the stuff you mentioned are the same exact reasons why I stopped partying with strangers.  Stranger = danger.  

Screw you FB users. 

#6 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Oh and not to mention... DC-WALLS!

Just tp, 1 round lure. Toot - - - - - you're dead. And you don't know why. See see the left list, wall is gone. Puiii!

Best part is you gain 1%, minus 2%. Nice party  :angry:

#7 Mel

Mel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:40 PM

ouch, it hurts... huhuhuhu :wacko:

iron_copy.jpg

#8 Haerum

Haerum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

I hate when wall is afk. I don't mind if it's a good wall who can tank without SM but when we finish we have to leave them there and they die, so I don't understand why they afk so much.

#9 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

One of the many reasons why I don't party as often and play as a soloist. Wait until you're fused with a thief lurer....and you wonder perhaps having another wizard or a swordsman would've been a better choice.

OMG YES! I have! and what I did was, I told the party they need a stronger priest to support the thief and everybody else started PMing me saying "what we need is a stronger lure!" we were all too polite to kick him out  :wacko:

HAHAHAHA,  the woes of being an FS.... 

the stuff you mentioned are the same exact reasons why I stopped partying with strangers.  Stranger = danger.  

That is so true... :angry:

Wait until you PT a "auto click" wizard, a AFK wall. 

Wall = NO SM cause AFK.

Monster is all around you cause lure did a good job. Wiz no casting coz of skill bug. You're GG-ed.

End up whole party standing there for I don't know how many minutes (until the wizard realize it's skill bug) and CC to cast.

Or you can always TP back to town after 3 mins of screaming. Kill all of them. Cause AFK players = I'm prepare to die player.  :lol:

(Imagine if you're using celestial manual with this kind of people)  :angry:

Haha happened too often!

So there was one time, (good thing, it wasn't me using the manuals but the wall.) The lure needs to go back to town like every 2 minutes and the wiz is like saving pots so he doesn't use skill unless there's like a really big mob! The wall was like "Kill the damn mob and ill give you zenny for pots!!!!" :D :D

#10 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

Oh and not to mention... DC-WALLS!

Just tp, 1 round lure. Toot - - - - - you're dead. And you don't know why. See see the left list, wall is gone. Puiii!

Best part is you gain 1%, minus 2%. Nice party  :angry:

There seem to be a code of honor that when you have become a full pledge Wall then you are not allowed to chat?? It scares me when walls don't talk, I feel like they can get disconnected any time! :o

Whenever I boost/support vit type swordies and I notice them disconnecting all the time, I beg them not to continue the journey of being a wall!

Oh please I beg you, Spare us, priests!!!

Yeah, they're usually not happy with me but hey! If you're lazy busy and wants to have a wall character that you can leave to level up or loot/farm, you gotta pay the price (start with a stable internet connection please) :P

#11 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

I hate when wall is afk. I don't mind if it's a good wall who can tank without SM but when we finish we have to leave them there and they die, so I don't understand why they afk so much.

They probably thought it's going to be a looooong grind.. hopefully he got more than 2% to make up for what he was about to lose or probably disconnects without dying at all -- :mellow:

#12 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

lolz tank always afk tho thats usual just fuse to wizz lastly after u summon Pt members more safe exp if tank dc or move xD

#13 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:06 AM

There seem to be a code of honor that when you have become a full pledge Wall then you are not allowed to chat?? It scares me when walls don't talk, I feel like they can get disconnected any time! :o

What Code of Honor? I have a tank also and I have not heard of this. Code on how to AFK effectively :) I know I am guilty of that :D but I lure for my tank if and whenever possible...most times, I just grab two wizards if I am not multi-logged.

If you feel scared fusing, invite 2 wizzies and go as luring priest....you will notice a huge difference :D

#14 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:18 AM

Whenever I boost/support vit type swordies and I notice them disconnecting all the time, I beg them not to continue the journey of being a wall!

Oh please I beg you, Spare us, priests!!!

Yeah, they're usually not happy with me but hey! If you're lazy busy and wants to have a wall character that you can leave to level up or loot/farm, you gotta pay the price (start with a stable internet connection please) :P

Not true lar, I use my bf ID to wall sometimes. cause his connection is pretty sucky. Believe it or not, I never want to PT him to grind during the whole x2 exp event WAHAHAHAHA... cause I know if he killed me in ROVU, I will kill him in reality  :lol:

But when I wall, maybe I'm use to FS. I can't afk and not look at my phone. There's sometimes Rovu Apps crash. Not only in BF/ Abyss. but in normal map too. (I realize this happen twice to me already after the last updates)

And Im scare to PT my friends/ guildies. cause I don't wanna be the reason they lost 2% hahaha! I'm a responsible tank :P And I always assure my family member don't stream tubes or download torrent when I'm walling. I'll just tell them from this time to this time, please don't use the internet xD  :wub:

#15 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

If you feel scared fusing, invite 2 wizzies and go as luring priest....you will notice a huge difference :D

I would LOVE to do that sometime!!! :wub:

Haha the Wall code of honor is a joke between my friends and I because most often than not, the walls we party with don't chat, don't even acknowledge when called. -_-

I get to party with friendly walls too (very rarely) and I always wonder aren't they the ones who's supposed to have the time to chat rather than the more active players e.g the lure or wiz?? :P

And Im scare to PT my friends/ guildies. cause I don't wanna be the reason they lost 2% hahaha! I'm a responsible tank :P And I always assure my family member don't stream tubes or download torrent when I'm walling. I'll just tell them from this time to this time, please don't use the internet xD  :wub:

That's too sweet... :wub:

#16 evitte2

evitte2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

worst thing that can happen while grinding? wall is afk and then the wiz who is the party lead dc's and the lead is passed to the wall. Now you cannot invite the wiz that got dc and you're stuck waiting for the wall to not be afk so you can invite a wiz, or abandon the wall and let it die. lol

#17 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

worst thing that can happen while grinding? wall is afk and then the wiz who is the party lead dc's and the lead is passed to the wall. Now you cannot invite the wiz that got dc and you're stuck waiting for the wall to not be afk so you can invite a wiz, or abandon the wall and let it die. lol

LMFAO!!! Best response by far, evitte2!! If this ever happens sashie, just grab another tank, Summon, stacked on the current tank regrouped kill any pre-existing monster/beast, kick AFK tank, invite the 4th player back. Resume play. If AFK tank throws a fit, tell the player to be grateful they didn't lose 2% just the channel of the map....but this can also lead into a fight and then ya wished you would've just let the tank died. Roll a die and pick choices are yours :P

#18 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

This is a fun page :)

Most of the posts in here just sum up what the FS class has been experiencing during any kind of party groupings. But there are ways to avoid these frustrations or at least minimize the veins showing up on our heads. The main thing is: Set your expectations and communicate it with your Party.

There are generally three reasons we party-up with people (and this does not include chitchat puposes):

1. Main Quest/ Repeatables

People form party to easily finish quests. Some MQs and repeatables include grind-spot mobs. So if we are after our quests, inform your party that you're partying for your quests and have no intention to stay with them if they plan to grind long. There's nothing wrong partying just to finish EXP-loaded quests so you could also assert yourself and suggest doing the next ones. Likewise, ask them what they plan to do so you would know what to expect from them.

2. Farming

Some players party-up to farm on the high-cost loot areas. If your objective is to farm more than to gain exp, tell the group that you'd be taking in loots and probably be in and out of town every now and then to sell them. In this way, they won't go ballistic when you have to leave the fuse and teleport back to town. Do not just teleport away without saying any word. Make sure the other players know this so the Wall will be ready with his pots if ever, the Runner will stop luring, and the Wiz will be ready with his bwing (LOL!).

While farming, be careful when discarding items in your inventory. It takes awhile to really make a space in your bag for the loots you want so make sure to do it right after all mobs have been killed and the runner is out to get fresh ones. Be quick with it too to avoid killing the party just because you're contemplating if you want to keep the R1 equips or not hehe. This one of the common reasons we accidentally kill our party so let's just be vigilant. 

3. Grinding/Leveling

For all players, the best way to gain exp after doing the main quests is to grind at sweet areas which give the highest exp. For high level players, this is mainly why they group up with others: to gain EXP!!! And with the fuse-system of partying, we encounter different classes in our party. It is very important to let them know how you will grind and what your current situation is. Likewise, ask them how they do things.

What you should do before/while grinding:

a. State that you're after pure grinding, no whatsoever.

b. If they know who you are, they might not ask what your max heal is. If they did ask, be honest about it. They will soon find out the moment you cast your first heals.

c. Advise people when you want to open a book. This is a matter of courtesy. When you open a book, you are basically reserving 30 minutes of their time to grinding with you. Some players fail to do this and they just go ahead and assume everyone will be staying and be pissed off when a member suddenly opts to leave. Not all of us can spend hours in the game.

d. If you're not wearing any SP Rec. equips, keep your blue pots in check. So when someone in the party ask if they can open a book, you can tell them if you have enough for it.

e. Immediately take action and change channel when your skills are bugged. There is no use of tapping the heal icon relentlessly while swearing and cursing at your device. Let your party know your skills are bugged after and you didn't do it for Trust Game purposes (even though you did gg)

How to deal with these people in the party:

The Wall

- With the fuse system, it is common knowledge that the Walls have nothing else to do but just stand up on spot and cast SM to strengthen their defense. It is not their fault that the party set-up is that way so as much as possible, they take the opportunity to level without too much focus on their device. With pro-Wallers, they even take long nap/sleep during grinding because they can survive the attacks from mobs with minimal heal. So, to avoid getting frustrated at them, remind them the following:

a. If they'll be AFK, be sure to tell you guys. More details is preferred. A good wall tells his party how long he will be out and what he will be doing. Being the FS, gauge yourself if you can last long in the party while he was away. Tell them your circumstances if you have problem with him being out.

b. ask them their net connection status. It does feel sucky when the Wall suddenly disconnects and you're left dead on the field. If it happened just once, give the guy a chance once he logged in back and apologized profusely to the whole party. If its a recurring thing, dump the Wall if he doesn't have a shame LOL. I'm sure the Wiz will wholeheartedly back you up. 

c. There are some knights who like to think they can be a "Wall" in high-level mob areas that you join the party only to experience spam heal just because his HP can't keep up with the damage he receives. Say it straight to his face: "YOU'RE NOT AN EFFING WALL!!" But seriously, just be straight with it and tell them that you can't keep on spamming heal. At one point in time, the party will surely fail so grinding long with this kind of Wall will just bring tears in your eyes (and callus on your fingers)

The Wiz

- A long, long time ago, the Wizards are courteous, boisterous, and over-the-top talkative since mostly they have the luxury of time to chat to their party. But that time has long been gone. Such wizzies are now hard to find. What we have now are silent and brooding Wizards who spam skills at such precise time it seems like they turned into... bots - nope! nope! They always say they "will turn it over to their pilot" when they inform you that they'll be AFK for a while. Sure sure whatevah.. Who are they kidding, really? hehehe. I have no objections whatsoever when it comes to botting. It's the developer's fault that the game can easily be manipulated by outside programs built by others. So for us to grind peacefully and be mutually benefited, lets lay some ground rules on them:

a. The right equipment for the right job. For people who spend their time grinding in ROVU instead of say, doing their homework or working on their jobs, it is very important that every second counts. We want good and capable Wizards who are equipped with appropriate staves and cards  to the mob's classification. We are not being choosy, we just want to level at a nice pace. Just be subtle when you ask the wizard about his armory and stuff, they are overly sensitive about this kind of things LOL

b.  Skill bug. This was not an issue before actually. But when the wizards use their "pilots", they often experience skill bugs and for a minute or two, the party is just left standing on the spot with mobs all over them. I assume the "pilot" can't type anything. Well with such simple instruction from the Wiz to spam MS and LOV at exact intervals, the "pilot" wouldn't know what to do when the skills are bugged. So when finally, the player gets back, he simply change channel and pretend nothing happened in there. In this situation, just tell them off and ask them to focus more. Or maybe converse with them so they are forced to stay with you guys until the very end hehehe. Or, if you don't like the two options, simply type "bot gg". Again, the wizards are overly sensitive about this issue so they'll likely deny it and will definitely focus more just to prove you're wrong.

The Runner

- Be it a dps, a tank, a sin, or your fellow fs, the runner has the short end of the stick in the fuse sytem. He/She is by far the one  who works the hardest. And the one with the least perks. No loots, no AFK mode, no pilot (who wants this job??), no anything! The only bright thing about being a runner is he/she lives when the whole party got blown away by dc moments. Also, he/she is allowed to dc!

a. But to look for effective runners who would not make your heart beats fast when they always go through near death experience during every lure, or who would not make your head aches when they sneakily stay near the spot and stop running to scrape off some loots, let them be aware that the party is for pure grinding and the runner is expected just to run. If they want loot, then kick them out. If they want pay for their services, double kick! (just joking) It is of course in each player's discretion how to deal with them.  

b. Stock yourself with blue gems if you got dps/sin runner, keep your blues in check, tell them if you're running out of ammo so they will know how to react when they get stuck during luring. 

c. Remind them to stop for a while to get buffed. Casting Angelus takes time so they should be aware that you're trying your best to buff them but they always stay out of range.

OMG!!! I'm sorry if this is too long, I just got really excited with the topic hehehehe. :)

• AstroStatic, Bisma and Sennheiser11 like this

"Get it together" - Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga

#19 Sennheiser11

Sennheiser11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationPoring

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Aww you completely describe every role n party.. Nice job RedPriestess! :D

#20 Jaleah

Jaleah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:37 PM

Good one Red :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account