15 replies to this topic

#1 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

After path of heroes has been added into the game and we got introduced to the use of mercenaries and single dungeons, an opportunity has opened for us FS to junk "unnecessary" skills and allocate our SPs to more useful skills we got.

Below are some of the changes and suggested actions we could take:

1. Revive - I don't know if majority of the priests still have this skill on them but I find it not beneficial for me so I have long since disregarded this skill. I just ask people to restart if they die. One free skill point (unless you're too kind and have this at Level 3)

2. Leveling - An option for full support priest has opened to level solo in single dungeons using able mercenaries. The experience gain is much better than doing grinding in Dullahan, depending on the stage you level. It requires us to heavily invest in our mercenaries but once you do, you can totally eliminate the need for Teleport. That's three skill points you can allocate to other skills such as Increase Agi or Mace Mastery.

3. Sanctuary - I know this has been tagged as useless but I still find it intriguing to use. Now that the job level cap was increased, there sure is room to test this one out. I have already allocated a point for this one and tested it at single dungeons. Sadly, this does not work on the mercenaries you have. Might try this at bf too if i got enough skill points for this to create a considerable change.

That's it for now :)

"Get it together" - Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga

#2 Wesker1

Wesker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

There is decrease AGI too.

Monsters attack less often and the mercs survive longer.  Kind of like another defensive skill like angelus.

I am not sure if it works on all monsters and bosses though.  It should be tested.

#3 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

There is decrease AGI too.

Monsters attack less often and the mercs survive longer.  Kind of like another defensive skill like angelus.

I am not sure if it works on all monsters and bosses though.  It should be tested.

Good point. I would think that it should work on all mobs (not sure about the boss, yeah) but with the current strategy I employ, it's not really essential for me. I just switch to manual from auto and run inside the dungeon if I get clobbered on too much by the mobs and my mercenaries start to lose hp. But it's a nice suggestion and should be investigated as well. I have used decrease AGI in the battlefield before as part of my campaign against dps and there's definitely a big difference in there.

Just an update:

I have now lvl 6 sanctuary (I'm not going to advance this further since I think this is the best deal for this skill)  which I heavily use in dungeons. Level 6 allows me to heal/dmg 8 counts of the 30% of my matk in the span of 10s. The average amount I get is 350ish per heal/dmg. This greatly increase my dungeon rate from 3.5times/book to completing four 7-10 stage per book. 

In the battlefield, I am still trying to gauge the right timing to use this skill. I usually cast this while I'm on valk mode and circle inside as much as I can. Also, casting Sanctuary does not restrict us in its area so you can move away from it if a nearby MS is cast. Sadly getting a full blown attack from MS (from wiz with matk of 1200up) while getting healed with Sanctuary is not enough. If you get stunned, there is little chance of survival (if full HP fs, it might give you a chance, but if you're a hybrid poring/hp FS, it's goodbye). So what I do is move away from the area, cast another sanctuary near the MS and attack the wiz, getting back as quickly as I can to my Sanctuary while healing. the extra heals from it helps me replenish my HP full so I can jump in for another HL/Hammer combo. 

It's also nice to use this while fighting stun type dps and sins since you don't have to leave the area due to the close combat nature of the two classes. Getting stunned is a big problem but with a high lvl sanctuary, you can manage to survive even if they throw in extra attacks while you can't heal yourself. I'm still not very experienced with it so these are just some initial observations. 

Additional perks:

Casting sanctuary in town attracts onlookers. It is very seldom for people to see heavy glowing stuff in town, kinda like a spotlight. LOL. It's just funny. Too many things to think of. Okay ciao!

#4 Wesker1

Wesker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

Good point. I would think that it should work on all mobs (not sure about the boss, yeah) but with the current strategy I employ, it's not really essential for me. I just switch to manual from auto and run inside the dungeon if I get clobbered on too much by the mobs and my mercenaries start to lose hp. But it's a nice suggestion and should be investigated as well. I have used decrease AGI in the battlefield before as part of my campaign against dps and there's definitely a big difference in there.

Just an update:

I have now lvl 6 sanctuary (I'm not going to advance this further since I think this is the best deal for this skill)  which I heavily use in dungeons. Level 6 allows me to heal/dmg 8 counts of the 30% of my matk in the span of 10s. The average amount I get is 350ish per heal/dmg. This greatly increase my dungeon rate from 3.5times/book to completing four 7-10 stage per book. 

In the battlefield, I am still trying to gauge the right timing to use this skill. I usually cast this while I'm on valk mode and circle inside as much as I can. Also, casting Sanctuary does not restrict us in its area so you can move away from it if a nearby MS is cast. Sadly getting a full blown attack from MS (from wiz with matk of 1200up) while getting healed with Sanctuary is not enough. If you get stunned, there is little chance of survival (if full HP fs, it might give you a chance, but if you're a hybrid poring/hp FS, it's goodbye). So what I do is move away from the area, cast another sanctuary near the MS and attack the wiz, getting back as quickly as I can to my Sanctuary while healing. the extra heals from it helps me replenish my HP full so I can jump in for another HL/Hammer combo. 

It's also nice to use this while fighting stun type dps and sins since you don't have to leave the area due to the close combat nature of the two classes. Getting stunned is a big problem but with a high lvl sanctuary, you can manage to survive even if they throw in extra attacks while you can't heal yourself. I'm still not very experienced with it so these are just some initial observations. 

Additional perks:

Casting sanctuary in town attracts onlookers. It is very seldom for people to see heavy glowing stuff in town, kinda like a spotlight. LOL. It's just funny. Too many things to think of. Okay ciao!

Swt.  So my idea works then.

Someone told me santuary doesnt work in BF in the other thread lol.

http://valkyrieupris...anctuary/page-2

Nice I would definitely get santuary then.  For the damage and BF. 

#5 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:50 AM

Swt.  So my idea works then.

Someone told me santuary doesnt work in BF in the other thread lol.

http://valkyrieupris...anctuary/page-2

Nice I would definitely get santuary then.  For the damage and BF. 

Yep. There's definitely a promise in this one. I think what she might be referring to as this not working in BF is the dmg count on other players. I was under the impression of this having that effect as well but it's clear that the damage of Sanctuary only affects mobs not players. But the heals are definitely there :)

#6 chirojenic

chirojenic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

Aha! I think you're the one casting Sanc on BF mid platform.. hehe

#7 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

Aha! I think you're the one casting Sanc on BF mid platform.. hehe

hahaha LOL yeah that's me. more ways for you to distinguish me among the rest. I'll be awaiting your bolts gg

#8 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

And sanctuary is useful for Guild Abyss as its near to impossible for you to PT everyone.

Double confirm smtg, Does sanctuary heals mercenary?

cause u said it shorten your time for dungeon =3

#9 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

And sanctuary is useful for Guild Abyss as its near to impossible for you to PT everyone.

Double confirm smtg, Does sanctuary heals mercenary?

cause u said it shorten your time for dungeon =3

no it doesn't heal mercenaries. and sanctuary only works on shadow type mobs. i was referring to the extra dmg i make every time i cast the skill. so killing mobs is a bit faster than before. my mercs are alright. they could last up until the boss. i don't also cast heal anymore in dungeon (unless i get gang raped by lvl99 asidus reds) so the continuity of my attack skills is longer. i just rely on Sanctuary for the simultaneous healing and damage i get from it.

#10 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

Really,? sanctuary working inside bf with this new update,? coz i dont see som1 using sanctuary in our server during bf and i tried it also doesnt work but it was bf bfor POH updated...

#11 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

Really,? sanctuary working inside bf with this new update,? coz i dont see som1 using sanctuary in our server during bf and i tried it also doesnt work but it was bf bfor POH updated...

yeah it works now i guess. been using it in bf since i leveled this up.

#12 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

Hmmm what lvl is urs,?

#13 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

Hmmm what lvl is urs,?

i have lvl 6 sanctuary

#14 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

May i ask u somthing red hmmm @SD sanctuary also work with ur merce,?

#15 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

May i ask u somthing red hmmm @SD sanctuary also work with ur merce,?

It doesn't heal mercenary Shntle. I already ask earleir hehe

#16 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Haha i didnt read the last part xD thnx ^_^ for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account