#1 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:05 AM

Hello!

I just thought of some helpful tips for you guys to consider if you ever switch to solo leveling using mercenaries in the single dungeons. <this is for the full-support type priests>

By now, we all know that mercenaries come in different types and forms, each mercenary has its own weaknesses and strengths and it's necessary for us priests to determine which ones will work the best for us.

Points to consider:

FS have the highest survival rate in the single dungeon due to the main reason that we can heal ourselves. But our greatest weakness is that we have not much damage stored in us that it would take hours (literally) to get past high level dungeons if we will be doing it alone for most of the time. So our faith rests to our cool buddies, not the other players we chose (which btw all die pretty easily) but the mercenaries we have on our side. 

So what qualities should we consider for our mercs in dungeons?

1. Physical defense/Balanced mercenaries - For me, these mercenaries are the best ones suited for us priests. Most of these mercs do not possess high attack but their defense is high enough to survive sudden surge of mobs if you ever get trapped. Most of their skills are support-type as well.

Examples: abysmal knight, bloody murderer, jirtas

2. HPA rate - will you use an r4 or an r3 S? an r4 S or an r3 SS? If there is not much considerable difference in the attributes of the mercs you have, better consider the one with higher HP absorb. If they have the same HPA rate, then consider the max HP of the merc and their ASPD. I should reiterate: ITS NOT BEST TO CONSIDER HIGH ATTACK MERCS IF THEY HAVE LOW SURVIVAL. WE NEED CONSISTENCY RATHER THAN POWER.

3. Skills - If we could find mercenaries which possess AOE skills (Devil Rain, Meteor Summon, Heavenly Light etc) and has high defense and decent aspd, they are very preferable. A good example is the Happy Baphomet. It's skill is Devil RainII which also has poison effect. Rank S is enough to get you through up until stage 8-10. Ifrit's Meteor summon might be flashy but its defense is low that it could never last with you in higher stages. It is also more beneficial to improve AOE skills first as they boost your grinding more than the other skills. So if you got Poringring, use it to your dungeon besties with AOE skill. It is quite harder to find rank 1 or 2 mercenaries with AOE skills anyway so the chance of leveling the skill lies with the poringrings you can acquire.

Hope this helps :)

• DarkFatalFlaw likes this

"Get it together" - Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga

#2 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi! Red,

How do I see the HPA of my mercenary? I tried clicking every button that is on the screen as well as my phone, none of the button makes the mercenary pop out > Like details and everything :S

#3 FullMime

FullMime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Click the skill name

#4 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

Hi! Red,

How do I see the HPA of my mercenary? I tried clicking every button that is on the screen as well as my phone, none of the button makes the mercenary pop out > Like details and everything :S

*click ur merce lolly then click hmm what do u call that element,? its shows ex.(Lv.1 Poison Blow1) and stat was there after u click.

*mine is r4 detar(s) and BM r4, detar s so good also for priest really help me Lvl up during exp event in SD i got 9-10exp per hero manual, BM r4 is not gud eno in SD altho it has high def and mdef still easily died at first wave not sure if its (s) or (ss) or maybe bcoz my BM only lvl56 thats y cant survive longer. Hmmm im still thinking if im going to lvl up my new merce r4 BM (s) *confuse*

#5 alanhoez

alanhoez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

I do understand that Jirtas is a good merc considering its 12% hpa (mine is SS rank) and a balanced stats.
But what does her skill really do?
Fury Light - 30% rage bonus.
All i see is some sort of buff to herself and I dont really see any difference.

Anybody mind finding it out?

Sorry for the looooooooooooong post

#6 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

I do understand that Jirtas is a good merc considering its 12% hpa (mine is SS rank) and a balanced stats.
But what does her skill really do?
Fury Light - 30% rage bonus.
All i see is some sort of buff to herself and I dont really see any difference.

Anybody mind finding it out?

Sorry for the looooooooooooong post

i use jirtas ss as well and it's really good at dungeons. Rage counter indicates when they're about to use their skill. so it's good partnering jirtas with an aoe type since they increase the frequency of skills to happen for your mercenaries. This is what i understood so far.

#7 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

*click ur merce lolly then click hmm what do u call that element,? its shows ex.(Lv.1 Poison Blow1) and stat was there after u click.

*mine is r4 detar(s) and BM r4, detar s so good also for priest really help me Lvl up during exp event in SD i got 9-10exp per hero manual, BM r4 is not gud eno in SD altho it has high def and mdef still easily died at first wave not sure if its (s) or (ss) or maybe bcoz my BM only lvl56 thats y cant survive longer. Hmmm im still thinking if im going to lvl up my new merce r4 BM (s) *confuse*

Yeah, it's really hard to level with mercenaries with low HPA. Here's a summary of the HPA you'd expect from different ranks:

Rank 1 - hpa 1%

Rank 1 S - hpa 2%

Rank 1 SS - hpa 3%

Rank 2 - hpa 2%

Rank 2 S - hpa 4%

Rank 2 SS - hpa 6%

Rank 3 - hpa 3%

Rank 3 S - hpa 6%

Rank 3 SS - hpa 9%

Rank 4 - hpa 4%

Rank 4 S - hpa 8%

Rank 4 SS - hpa 12%

#8 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

Rank 1 - hpa 1%
Rank 1 S - hpa 2%
Rank 1 SS - hpa 3%

Rank 2 - hpa 2%
Rank 2 S - hpa 4%
Rank 2 SS - hpa 6%

Rank 3 - hpa 3%
Rank 3 S - hpa 6%
Rank 3 SS - hpa 9%

Rank 4 - hpa 4%
Rank 4 S - hpa 8%
Rank 4 SS - hpa 12%[/quote]

*i dont mind r1-r3 merce hihi i feed those, i knew r4 hp abs pattern sis but i dunno if im gonna lvl my new merce r4 BM(s) confuse if its can survive longer like my detar (s) coz BM r4 suxs i just wasted feeding it to lvl54 sob cant survive longer at first wave 6-10 already k.o, just wanna know if BM(s) is good from 6-10 stages to 7-10 sis...

#9 alanhoez

alanhoez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

i use jirtas ss as well and it's really good at dungeons. Rage counter indicates when they're about to use their skill. so it's good partnering jirtas with an aoe type since they increase the frequency of skills to happen for your mercenaries. This is what i understood so far.

I see I see, I guess I'll be partnering her with an AOE heal Mercs. Endless healing would be awesome for high level SDs. :)

#10 TTUPEG

TTUPEG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

I use my Abysmal Knight(S) with Unbeatable Defense for my priest. It survives till 8-1 but takes ages to finish. So, I do 7-9 for lvling, 7-10 for farming/lvling.

I started to level on 07/19/14 with lv 69. Now I'm lvl 77. Not bad for a tanking priest huh?

#11 diangori

diangori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

sorry oot but , i'm curious about jirtas skill rage level 2 and 3, when level 1 give 30% rage, what will level 2 and 3 will give rage ?

#12 sashimi

sashimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

My cooking cat keeps me alive.. i love him so.. lol

I am here to play, not to find a boyfriend :huh:

#13 Shiix

Shiix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

I got 2 White Knights merce to help me out. One is normal and one is S both max level. Like what TTUPEG said, it's helping me survive until 8-1. Grinding and farming at 7-10 most of the time. I started SD at level 65 and now Im almost 74 all just in SD and im still lazy to do SD. It's really nice! ^^,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account