There are also some players who have multiple chars with LP in close range and boost themselves by equipping low level mercs for easy wins. Some of them even equip no mercs when they're done, so you can't even fight them and sometimes leave a huge gap between the players above and below them in rankings.
Heh. Boosting self.
What if we can boost more than just two characters? Well... Good news. Heh. This is something that my guildmates and I do ALL THE TIME, which is why in our server our guild members dominate the Top 20 of the Mercenary Battle ranking. *wink* I think, as of this writing, 70% of the Top 20 is composed of our guildies. Very simple to do this, really. And since this is a "Strategy and Tactics" thread, I'd share how.
1. To start off, if you have a weak mercenary, this WILL NOT WORK for you. You need to still have a good mercenary in order to do this because there will always be players who are not your guildmates who could get in the way.
2. Organize a playing time with your guildmates who do have good mercs and are mercenary battlers. I found that not everyone is a mercenary battler anyway.
3. Commit to the time and assign who plays first, second, third, etc. our guild has a facebook account and organize the planning and scheduling there.
4. For example, PERSON A is scheduled to play first at 5PM EST. PERSONS B TO PERSONS M (or all merc battlers) need to remove their high level mercs and switch to level 1. That way, there are higher chances for person A to win.
5. When PERSON A finishes, he unequips and switches to level 1 mercs. Then have the next person scheduled start playing. PERSON B now catches up to PERSON A.
And then so forth...
- if and when you do this. COMMIT TO THE TIME. You only need to be online for a while anyway: just when you need to switch to a level 1 and when it's your time to battle.
- Guild Chatbox could be VERRRYYYY BUSSYYYY. Our chatbox usually looks like "Ok. I'm done. Your turn, Person D" "Wait! Three more battles!" " Where is PERSON F???!! He's supposed to be next!" -- So we also agreed to keep our chatbox free from unnecessary convos DURING THE AGREED SCHEDULE OF MERCENARY BATTLE.
- android phones will know if a person on the way is a member of any guild or not because of the emblem spaces. If a person is not a member of any guild, and that this person gets on the way in your mercenary battles, PM the person and recruit.
For one, this person already has a high-level mercenary. And two, you get to strategize with the person.
PS: Being a part of a guild is indeed an advantage. Looking for partymates in grinding Dulla/Ferry/Abysmal Knight/Kiel dungeons. Borrowing items. Cheaper buy and sell. And now this: dominating mercenary battle ranking.
Now this answer sounds a little more precise...
I somehow understand. The last phrase made it a little confusing though.
They still didn't answer the question What if you're battling with ONLY ONE PERSON in your LP range. Lol.