68 replies to this topic

#21 skuddy

skuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

I notice that, too... And... What ticks me off is when I have two of my mercs' SP bar full yet NONE OF THEM even bother to use the skill, where as my opponent already casted two.

No exaggeration. Sob. I'm like, "Well? What now?! Don't just stand there! Use the skill!!!!!"

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Now I'm wondering if any of you know, for " monthly" ranking does it add up every week for a monthly final? Or does someone on my server really have 2300 ladder points. o.0
  • Timothymt, Welchlymn and Inteniaeffori like this

#22 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationAlfheim / Tampa, FL

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Also, I have completed the 30 battles every day that I could. If another mercenary is using a skill no other mercenaries will cast their skill during that time. So if you have 2 mercs who basically spam skills very rapidly there's a higher success rate than other mercs with slow skills. For instance, kyubo7 on alfheim has ifrit and bapho (I think. I'm for sure on ifrit) ifrit casts its skill very quickly. So I am unable to get a skill off before it casts. If I'm lucky my heavenly golem will heal between the ifrit and the bapho using skill. But bapho is also very quick. Giving a HUGE advantage during mercenary battle. If anyone else notices this please confirm because it is driving me nuts. Also puts those 2x impenetrable defense couples ahead of the game.

That's a really interesting observation.  They definitely wait their turn to cast skills, but it does seem like sometimes they jump ahead in line.  What is your name on Alfheim?  Mine's Huy99.

Haha, i'm one of those 2x defense users (Abyss Knight S & Peco Paladin), but I can't ever crack the Top 20 in Alfheim.  The ones that give me the most trouble are the healing/defense couples.  Especially if they have the chef cat because that thing dishes out monster damage in addition to good healing power.  I stopped using my Loli because she could never survive long enough.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Now I'm wondering if any of you know, for " monthly" ranking does it add up every week for a monthly final? Or does someone on my server really have 2300 ladder points. o.0

Yeah, looks like everything adds up until the last day of the month and then resets on the 1st.  I've always been curious about what mercs iGeez and JasaGB250k use...

#23 skuddy

skuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yeah my name is SkudX in game. I have a KielS S (r4+ I guess?) And I switch between heavenly golem s and antler priest s. However with this recent event giving everyone epic r4 s and ss like cooking cat and toad ninja my ranking has dropped over 50-70 depending on how lucky I am that day. Its like I can't even win for losing. It takes almost all 30 allowed battles to finish my 10 win daily quest now. Its ridiculous.

#24 milking

milking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

I got a poringring from gold chest.

#25 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:40 PM

I got a poringring from gold chest.

Which dungeon level? 7-10? 8-10?

#26 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

I got one from 7-10, I have gotten like 7-8 gold chests from that level and only seen one poringring tho

#27 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:43 AM

Starting from 4-10 onwards.. all x-10 maps' golden chests can drop poringring.

#28 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

So, lately I've had this problem of not being able to find opponents because of large gaps in LP.  I was able to crack the top 10 rankings, but they seem to be filled with these "ragequitting" players who don't let the game count their losses.  This lets them consistently gain lots of LP each day while normal players eventually fall too far away to remain "competitive."  I'd like to continue collecting the weekly ranking rewards, but it seems the only way to keep up is to "play the game" like the cheaters do.  The weekly rewards event ends in a week anyways, but the monthly rankings will always be tainted. -_-

#29 Shmoo83

Shmoo83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

I experience that too.

I got a pop-up message saying they can't find an opponent for me.

#30 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

Starting from 4-10 onwards.. all x-10 maps' golden chests can drop poringring.

I recently got two poringrings from 3-10.  I seem to find them a LITTLE more often on the lower dungeons like 3-10, 4-10, and 5-10 than 6-10, 7-10, and 8-10.  That could just be perception too.  NIce of them to have it in the attendance rewards this month.

I experience that too.

I got a pop-up message saying they can't find an opponent for me.

It's frustrating, especially when you've got new mercs to use.  Unfortunately, i've had to take up the ragequitting tactic in order to stay with the competition.  Uses up a lot of keys, but i'd rather do that than be stranded for days/weeks on end.

There are also some players who have multiple chars with LP in close range and boost themselves by equipping low level mercs for easy wins.  Some of them even equip no mercs when they're done, so you can't even fight them and sometimes leave a huge gap between the players above and below them in rankings.

#31 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

^^ I've noticed a bunch of this.

I feel like it would be so easy to code a way to prevent that.

#32 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

^^ I've noticed a bunch of this.

I feel like it would be so easy to code a way to prevent that.

Yep, or penalize the player somehow (-10 LP per hour or something).  I can't think of any rational reason to not have any mercs equipped.

On another note, the LP range to battle someone lower ranked definitely looks like 50 LP, but the range to battle someone higher ranked seems more like 100 LP sometimes (but not always).  Anyone else notice that?

#33 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

Yes, I believe that is correct. It's definitely 50 for below and definitely somewhere between 50-150 for above.

#34 Peilobak

Peilobak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

There are also some players who have multiple chars with LP in close range and boost themselves by equipping low level mercs for easy wins. Some of them even equip no mercs when they're done, so you can't even fight them and sometimes leave a huge gap between the players above and below them in rankings.

I asked this before on the ROVU page. What happens if I battle someone who has no mercenary equipped, and that this person is the ONLY ONE in my LP range. They said that it plays as is. We will still get to battle them by using their LAST mercenary equipped before they unequipped.

Sounded iffy to me. LOL. I'll ask again now straight to warpportal and hope to hear what they have to say. I'll share here what they will say.
  • Shmoo83 likes this

#35 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

pretty sure it just doesn't let them fight you.

#36 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:34 PM

I asked this before on the ROVU page. What happens if I battle someone who has no mercenary equipped, and that this person is the ONLY ONE in my LP range. They said that it plays as is. We will still get to battle them by using their LAST mercenary equipped before they unequipped.

Sounded iffy to me. LOL. I'll ask again now straight to warpportal and hope to hear what they have to say. I'll share here what they will say.

Yeah, i had about 6-7 players in my LP range recently and there were 4 that i NEVER fought.  I'm pretty damn sure those 4 are owned by the same person based on their levels and naming schemes (three were Lv 67 and one was Lv 85).  I don't buy their explanation.

#37 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:41 PM

If the community managers are anything like the ones for actual RO they tend to assume that things work properly even when they very obviously don't. It is possible to get these things fixed by sending in well written tickets and insisting that someone read it (aka if it gets closed just resubmit it and hope someone with actual english skills reads it)

#38 Peilobak

Peilobak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

Now this answer sounds a little more precise...
a08fpc.jpg

I somehow understand. The last phrase made it a little confusing though.

#39 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

They don't have to be online and therefore can not quit on you is what they mean.
  • Shmoo83 likes this

#40 Plastoots

Plastoots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

There are also some players who have multiple chars with LP in close range and boost themselves by equipping low level mercs for easy wins. Some of them even equip no mercs when they're done, so you can't even fight them and sometimes leave a huge gap between the players above and below them in rankings.

Heh. Boosting self.

What if we can boost more than just two characters? Well... Good news. Heh. This is something that my guildmates and I do ALL THE TIME, which is why in our server our guild members dominate the Top 20 of the Mercenary Battle ranking. *wink* I think, as of this writing, 70% of the Top 20 is composed of our guildies. Very simple to do this, really. And since this is a "Strategy and Tactics" thread, I'd share how.

1. To start off, if you have a weak mercenary, this WILL NOT WORK for you. You need to still have a good mercenary in order to do this because there will always be players who are not your guildmates who could get in the way.

2. Organize a playing time with your guildmates who do have good mercs and are mercenary battlers. I found that not everyone is a mercenary battler anyway.

3. Commit to the time and assign who plays first, second, third, etc. our guild has a facebook account and organize the planning and scheduling there.

4. For example, PERSON A is scheduled to play first at 5PM EST. PERSONS B TO PERSONS M (or all merc battlers) need to remove their high level mercs and switch to level 1. That way, there are higher chances for person A to win.

5. When PERSON A finishes, he unequips and switches to level 1 mercs. Then have the next person scheduled start playing. PERSON B now catches up to PERSON A.

And then so forth...

Tips:
- if and when you do this. COMMIT TO THE TIME. You only need to be online for a while anyway: just when you need to switch to a level 1 and when it's your time to battle.

- Guild Chatbox could be VERRRYYYY BUSSYYYY. Our chatbox usually looks like "Ok. I'm done. Your turn, Person D" "Wait! Three more battles!" " Where is PERSON F???!! He's supposed to be next!" -- So we also agreed to keep our chatbox free from unnecessary convos DURING THE AGREED SCHEDULE OF MERCENARY BATTLE.

- android phones will know if a person on the way is a member of any guild or not because of the emblem spaces. If a person is not a member of any guild, and that this person gets on the way in your mercenary battles, PM the person and recruit. ;) For one, this person already has a high-level mercenary. And two, you get to strategize with the person.

PS: Being a part of a guild is indeed an advantage. Looking for partymates in grinding Dulla/Ferry/Abysmal Knight/Kiel dungeons. Borrowing items. Cheaper buy and sell. And now this: dominating mercenary battle ranking. ;)

No1

Now this answer sounds a little more precise...a08fpc.jpg
I somehow understand. The last phrase made it a little confusing though.

They still didn't answer the question What if you're battling with ONLY ONE PERSON in your LP range. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account