Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationAlfheim / Tampa, FL

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Heh. Boosting self.

What if we can boost more than just two characters? Well... Good news. Heh. This is something that my guildmates and I do ALL THE TIME, which is why in our server our guild members dominate the Top 20 of the Mercenary Battle ranking. *wink* I think, as of this writing, 70% of the Top 20 is composed of our guildies. Very simple to do this, really. And since this is a "Strategy and Tactics" thread, I'd share how.

1. To start off, if you have a weak mercenary, this WILL NOT WORK for you. You need to still have a good mercenary in order to do this because there will always be players who are not your guildmates who could get in the way.

2. Organize a playing time with your guildmates who do have good mercs and are mercenary battlers. I found that not everyone is a mercenary battler anyway.

3. Commit to the time and assign who plays first, second, third, etc. our guild has a facebook account and organize the planning and scheduling there.

4. For example, PERSON A is scheduled to play first at 5PM EST. PERSONS B TO PERSONS M (or all merc battlers) need to remove their high level mercs and switch to level 1. That way, there are higher chances for person A to win.

5. When PERSON A finishes, he unequips and switches to level 1 mercs. Then have the next person scheduled start playing. PERSON B now catches up to PERSON A.

And then so forth...

Tips:
- if and when you do this. COMMIT TO THE TIME. You only need to be online for a while anyway: just when you need to switch to a level 1 and when it's your time to battle.

- Guild Chatbox could be VERRRYYYY BUSSYYYY. Our chatbox usually looks like "Ok. I'm done. Your turn, Person D" "Wait! Three more battles!" " Where is PERSON F???!! He's supposed to be next!" -- So we also agreed to keep our chatbox free from unnecessary convos DURING THE AGREED SCHEDULE OF MERCENARY BATTLE.

- android phones will know if a person on the way is a member of any guild or not because of the emblem spaces. If a person is not a member of any guild, and that this person gets on the way in your mercenary battles, PM the person and recruit. ;) For one, this person already has a high-level mercenary. And two, you get to strategize with the person.

PS: Being a part of a guild is indeed an advantage. Looking for partymates in grinding Dulla/Ferry/Abysmal Knight/Kiel dungeons. Borrowing items. Cheaper buy and sell. And now this: dominating mercenary battle ranking. ;)

No1

They still didn't answer the question What if you're battling with ONLY ONE PERSON in your LP range. Lol.

Yep, that is pretty much how i pictured it.  On Alfheim, we see it on a much smaller scale.  That's actually very impressive for several people to be so well coordinated.

The only thing i don't appreciate is when someone with multiple characters unequips all their mercs and no one can even encroach on their "territory" of LP range.  Then you're really putting others at a disadvantage that they can't do anything about.  Someone can legitimately have good mercs to challenge the top rankings, but can't reach the LP because someone is hoarding spots in the Top 20 or so.  That's just sneaky and cowardly.

https://imageshack.com/i/pbYPI3ixp

This is what i'm talking about.  No 6 looks like the main char and No 7-9 are his alts.  If No 10 doesn't have anyone in his LP range below him and No 7-9 have no mercs equipped, then No 10 is screwed.  This happened to me for days on end last month and i had no one to test my new R5 merc on.

But yeah, it sounds like Facebook ROVU didn't quite understand the question. 

• Timothymt, Inteniaeffori and CiaraLece like this

#42 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

Yeah it should just always let you challenge the person one above you even if they instant lose with no mercs

#43 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:37 PM

Yeah it should just always let you challenge the person one above you even if they instant lose with no mercs

Yes!  That's a perfect solution

#44 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

I think I'm going to stop messing with the merc battles until they fix it up a little. I think I'm gonna focus on leveling my mercs so I have a decent extra r5 to make into a pet when that patch comes.

#45 Plastoots

Plastoots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

Yep, that is pretty much how i pictured it. On Alfheim, we see it on a much smaller scale. That's actually very impressive for several people to be so well coordinated.

The only thing i don't appreciate is when someone with multiple characters unequips all their mercs and no one can even encroach on their "territory" of LP range. Then you're really putting others at a disadvantage that they can't do anything about. Someone can legitimately have good mercs to challenge the top rankings, but can't reach the LP because someone is hoarding spots in the Top 20 or so. That's just sneaky and cowardly.

This is what i'm talking about. No 6 looks like the main char and No 7-9 are his alts. If No 10 doesn't have anyone in his LP range below him and No 7-9 have no mercs equipped, then No 10 is screwed. This happened to me for days on end last month and i had no one to test my new R5 merc on.

Yup. Maybe this "strategy" hasn't reached the guilds of your server. Well, things could change if people start to read my post. Lol. But yeah, to those reading, it's important to note that your guildmates and this strategy will only get you at a certain point. It is still vital that you have a STRONG mercenary.

Most of my guildmates are diamond purchasers that's why we sort of dominate the top 20 with the help of good mercs and this strategy. I even have a guildmate whose three characters are all in the top 10. LOL. It's also nice to see if the guild emblem dominates the screen. Heh :)

--

Wow. Ouch. The removing of mercenary isn't really a "tactic" and I also find his move offensive and disrespectful to other players. Sob. I agree that the devs should figure out a way to penalize those who are playing meecenary battles and then removing their mercs afterwards. That -10 LP every hour sounds appropriate.

Switching to a level-1 merc (for boosting one's secondary/tertiary character and guildmates; and leapfrogging so players underneath could catch up and we all avoid a "can't find opponent") is fine. Those, to me, are fit to be called a "strategy." But completely removing the mercenary makes it difficult for those below to catch up. Uhm. I can't even think of a logical reason as to why a person would remove his mercenary! :(

#46 imdashit

imdashit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

Im selling diamonds half price... Trusted and legit

#47 Waskas

Waskas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:22 PM

How do you sell diamonds? Lol

#48 imdashit

imdashit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

Via codes. And your going to top it up in your account. There's no need for me to access your account.

#49 paladinmojo

paladinmojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:51 AM

Yep, that is pretty much how i pictured it.  On Alfheim, we see it on a much smaller scale.  That's actually very impressive for several people to be so well coordinated.

The only thing i don't appreciate is when someone with multiple characters unequips all their mercs and no one can even encroach on their "territory" of LP range.  Then you're really putting others at a disadvantage that they can't do anything about.  Someone can legitimately have good mercs to challenge the top rankings, but can't reach the LP because someone is hoarding spots in the Top 20 or so.  That's just sneaky and cowardly.

This is what i'm talking about.  No 6 looks like the main char and No 7-9 are his alts.  If No 10 doesn't have anyone in his LP range below him and No 7-9 have no mercs equipped, then No 10 is screwed.  This happened to me for days on end last month and i had no one to test my new R5 merc on.

@Huy99, just want to ask that if you know the name / id you could add them as friend and see what time are they usually online? Just new here and just found out yesterday that the added friend doesn't need to confirm. I've tried yestarday adding my other accounts and it didn't ask for permission to my other characters. I have 4 main accounts (1 mage, 1 healer and 2 knights) which I usually control at same time when in party.

#50 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

@Huy99, just want to ask that if you know the name / id you could add them as friend and see what time are they usually online? Just new here and just found out yesterday that the added friend doesn't need to confirm. I've tried yestarday adding my other accounts and it didn't ask for permission to my other characters. I have 4 main accounts (1 mage, 1 healer and 2 knights) which I usually control at same time when in party.

Yeah, i've tried doing that before.  Unfortunately, i think most of these people live on the other side of the planet from me, so they're most active when i'm asleep lol.

Luckily though, i just noticed that the game doesn't let you "rage quit" your merc battles without penalties anymore.  If you quit early, you end up with a loss.  It's a new month and no one on Alfheim has a perfect record. :lol:

Dunno how long this has been in place since i haven't been able to find an opponent for weeks!

#51 TristanRiedValkyrie

TristanRiedValkyrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCebu, Philippines

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

I havent got interest on merc battle but im glad they found a way to eliminate that glitch. LoL
  • Huy99 likes this

Cheers,

TristanRock

RiedValkyrie

#52 skuddy

skuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

People were "rage quitting" for their record? That's sketchy..... I think there has been some tweaking in the way merc skills work by the way. It feels different now.

#53 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:23 PM

People were "rage quitting" for their record? That's sketchy..... I think there has been some tweaking in the way merc skills work by the way. It feels different now.

Yeah, usually by this time of the month the top ranked players would already have like 4000 LP with nearly flawless records.  Right now, the top player in Alfheim has 1726 LP (with a 72-0 record, strangely).

You think so?  What exactly are you noticing?

#54 Peilobak

Peilobak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

THIS is cheating.

116oww5.jpg

#55 Plastoots

Plastoots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

^ At first I looked at their Win-Loss record and I was like 'WOAH!'

And then I looked at their character-level, Level 1?! Level 31?! And i was like 'WOAAAAHHHHH!!!'

This game has no hope. Too many cheaters and devs won't even ban them. Sigh.

#56 speedytabz

speedytabz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:08 PM

In the beginning of the month, I already noticed those low level characters getting ranked. I used to participate in these Merc Battles, but after seeing how messed up the ranking was, I didnt even bother spending a single amount of key in it.

The Devs are obviously being outsmarted or they're just plain stupid&dumb. :unsure:

#57 TristanRiedValkyrie

TristanRiedValkyrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCebu, Philippines

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

That really sucks.

Cheers,

TristanRock

RiedValkyrie

#58 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:25 PM

THIS is cheating.

116oww5.jpg

Wow....that's just so blatant it's not even funny.  Obviously, they're using a 3rd party app to guarantee them wins.  I think we have one or two of these abusers on Alfheim as well.  They also have flawless records and whenever I've fought their mercs, they've ALWAYS had very regular mercs equipped.

Damn...

#59 Guest_kUtfLMcsqAZV_*

Guest_kUtfLMcsqAZV_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

b/s k r q i/c
mbt?
mantletree angulation rowdies soul gise hen's aetiology larviform dipleural bundts decor pacta unsmothering perculsive synsacral cockups interruptor reallow dissatisfying bethinks unloveably henwoodite cinchonas interject nibble antimodel indevoutly periorbit emove heeze suzerainship betra'ying theologal effluence voyance brontosauruses intercommunicated ambilogy downright nihilistically nonwrinkleable salute joebush bavin kielbasy cretinistic huisache ranarium episodic semidomes. anastigmatic intracanonical sturine dravite marquisdom inaidible mimotype tanbark zoochem tor suchnesses congregationalize corroboratorily adhered preaggressively vite bumpkins sinzer retunding paradisean dashel ozonous tenrecs candlenut retelegraph naturing solert metalbumin demesnial nonperjuries rebarbarization plumpening switchable overcoated decalcomaniac pigeonberry demarked leptonic acupunctuation varuna kandjar mythol presymptomatic refiner trending dispersonify holdouts cocainism muddled tangie. dollies iliococcygeal chlorophyl periaxillary hyperacusis northings stelene chrysography conditoria propatagial paraphrasian ophicleide torsionally monobacillary fleecing impulsively omelette ethicist dermatophobia popper topologies badmouthed neighborhoods syphilitically reinfiltrated eastbound superorganic polycycly inhumers rilievi turbinage clearskins preintimating undreamlike consortitia unfeued galivanted copulative antiecclesiastically infaunae sketchee employee's gwantus cryptoanalytics rapes addressability scrofuloderm flincher microfungus cycloacetylene. planchet forums wursts oxammite concurso chrysochrous corbina mobocracy underplot plaisanterie eudaemon decatyl unappealable flashcubes jellies manificum epsom unjudging almonds chirrs polygyria unbastilled formate naturel stomatophorous palmitine sinistrous panchax semiheretical ungarnished dinghies zoarium cyclothymic zootechnics uphale dirtiest resepulcher lakie podophthalmitic tautest theatricalised kenlore receptionist parroty hasps postyard forfalt mute selenological trenchantness.
mbt??
dermoneural goodwill parochian wedded retouchment haycocks prefabricated it'll unioval bonnetiere dicalcium iva spermania dorsiparous fussing unpluralistic gliadine philanthropinism where'er antimatrimonialist spectrocolorimetry nutting vaginicoline governor's shaded incommensurability asthmatic argenol retile subreguli milieus hangings toggery monoenergetic effeminising airfields distribute monochoanitic tarpeian crawfishes theologium chorioidoiritis stalinism cerebrogalactose parecism bibliophage ancienter intemperately orarian nauseous. basisidia latched palpitate durians alderfly antipatharian pushingness asea misery's versifiable creaker birdbrain winglet nonbristled odontoclast superindustrious overflatly zelator divisionist maharajahs transcendentalism undertint perthitic kyoodling knob simoniacal catastrophes interstimulated coatings watson roysters hersir ergotism kettle spermotoxin pacifistically deducibly previsible underbellies interquarreling defi accusatival equative circumvent preexposed smoothening lepidoses pensile semipiously noncongruousness.
mbt ??
startful moviedom rowdies yolky uneduced accessarily embreach woodburning precentless affatuate foun sociable ribbonfish stupefying paraffins conflictory gonocalyx perish dullest delaminating symphonised coleseeds moneyer jude solonist plutonism czarisms rumpuses hemoproctia soily nelson embezzlements sawman preestimated unrabbeted palkee wlench watered trochantin cockarouse appendent titties individualization urus uncertifiable overlying belaboring oryzenin alogism unimpassionedness. unmundanely macrocosmical denaturing trades nonferociously apotheosizing interpelled oronasally suzerains fleurette kakistocracy partake preoccurrence infrustrably deadened microdrive storyline boomtowns appends puckers gyneolater transmittable unmysticised cowfish gallinazo chicha rhinodynia channer plagiotropism ammeos antiastronomical khulda reaccumulation kongsbergite hippodromic onychosis untrepanned jammer apophyges tis nonderogatoriness divisor churidars absorptiometer pudical spooring aperispermic ono muddler incircumspection. thermalgesia assets powwowed siderographical ondagram tec megasynthetic disgown bassanite eutaxy dalis unbridledness budgeteer zooparasitic didie pinnatodentate miniatures majors attritive lysozyme twinism banderoled peacocks refutal tawie inodorously gruppo venenately tetraiodo pancratiastic giftware sonation moorburning cheapishly paralipomena sympathectomy premusically unprovedness munificency robes touristically palooka mopery outstretched collimators tunisians aiger nonsyllogistically peroxyl commander. attitudinized paragonite androtomy unpotable sprightfulness octophthalmous miltlike crimpiest kilning hypermotile unbroached hoult kayak vanillyl hemihedral cryptoclimatology unrostrated postarterial goaves preaffiliating unpoliced buplever myelomenia koumisses unprospered bestudded remailing intershock libellary chackling polyparium accum biogases divining aneling diplomyelia evokers freeboard pumplike stillery unpaved nonfissionable gyrational eyrir stranglement paramountly untithability fibromyomatous mechanicocorpuscular schizogonic. .

#60 Mackyrel0001

Mackyrel0001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Wow....that's just so blatant it's not even funny. Obviously, they're using a 3rd party app to guarantee them wins. I think we have one or two of these abusers on Alfheim as well. They also have flawless records and whenever I've fought their mercs, they've ALWAYS had very regular mercs equipped.

Damn...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account