#1 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hey there!

People must be getting tired of me shouting this up here, but it is very beneficial for all FS out there to start investing their time and effort in their mercenaries as they are very, very useful in leveling!!!

1. Even without double EXP event, you still gain more EXP soloing in single dungeons.

Single dungeon - Stage 7-1 to 8-10 give you varying EXP gains from 3-5exp per 30min (w/ Hero book) starting form base level 82up

Dullahan Grind - A gain of 2-3 exp w/ Hero book (even lower if you're not a running FS and your party only got one wiz)

2. Deaths

Single dungeon - unlimited. You're not penalized with 2% off  your exp when you die. Just stack those tokens to revive yourself

Dullahan Grind - its a heartbreak just losing that 2% because the wall fucked up. Or the server was laggy and you're running only to find out you're already dead. 

3. Rewards

Single dungeon - there's a chance to get rare items from gold chest. Even eluniums and oridecons. 

Dullahan Grind - err well, you could get loots but there's really not much in dulla map to hope for. R3s?

4. Friends?

Single dungeon - okay so you now solo and you just have an AI for company. So what? Soloing in dungeons gives you more leeway to chat with your guildies, to have a private word with your friends etc. It's not like you've suddenly gone AWOL from socializing with everyone.

Dullahan Grind - chatting while running? not a good idea >< Besides all your party mates are probably AFK so basically you're still alone. To hell with them! gg

5. Dramas

Single dungeon - no dramas! unless you treat your mercenaries as pets and cry every time they die. lol

Dullahan Grind - oh there's just lots of causes of drama in here. Wall suddenly dc and you are all shouting. You got dc and they're all shouting at you when you get back. They say it's fine when they die but it's really not. Same case for you too lol. 

6. Availability

Single dungeon - depends on the keys you got. It's quite limited but it's enough to enjoy leveling in a way that won't saturate you. You could rest up while waiting for your keys to fill up (unless its double exp event and that's when you feel the urge to buy diamonds, but it's so worth it hehe)

Dullahan Grind - you could always do this but it's very hard to find a good party to start with. Sometimes it takes a really long time to assemble a party unless you got a nice permanent party or a very active guild. 

Well these just cover some of the pros why we should switch to dungeon leveling. :) I'll update this to add more argument to this cause.

• 2shontle3 likes this

"Get it together" - Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga

#2 alanhoez

alanhoez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Actually, I was thinking whether battle acolyte could be viable for long term SD runs.

#3 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

Erm are you sure 2% is minus in single dungeon? I died so many time, my exp is never minus of? I ask one of the epic wall in my server he confirmed there is no exp minus and no gp minus as well. 

He even told me he do "purpose" suiciding just to revive his mercenary -.-

#4 2shontle3

2shontle3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationPoRiNg server

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Erm are you sure 2% is minus in single dungeon? I died so many time, my exp is never minus of? I ask one of the epic wall in my server he confirmed there is no exp minus and no gp minus as well. 

*exactly,! No exp lost if u die same with gp, so die all u can rofl

*nice red thats ryt SD so good in exp than dulla if u r hero manual user better go sd at 6-10 stages to 7-10 lvl80 priest can get 9exp or more than that its depends also to ur merce on how many exp u can get per hero manual while in dulla hero manual can get 2exp only even 2wizz still :( less hasle tho coz dulla bug also screen freezing always if theres something appeared in ur chat box like guild chat and u cant even farm there need to off loot coz it might cause you fc/dced and super lag.

#5 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:17 PM

Hehehe I did mention you're not penalized with 2% when you die in single dungeons. This is why you can die as many times as you feel like it provided you got tokens to revive yourself. Maybe you just misread my post? Hehe

#6 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

Actually, I was thinking whether battle acolyte could be viable for long term SD runs.

Very viable. To be more effective, you could use elemental mace so soloing in dungeons is much faster. Better stick w/ shadow mobs so the attack of our skills is much greater.

#7 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:34 AM

Oh yea, maybe I misread. Brain stuck for the past few day. Sorry Red.

Anywoooo, did you reset your stat to battle aco? like .... agi/str/vit instead of full int o.o

#8 RedPriestess

RedPriestess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

Oh yea, maybe I misread. Brain stuck for the past few day. Sorry Red.

Anywoooo, did you reset your stat to battle aco? like .... agi/str/vit instead of full int o.o

I have not really comitted myself into going full battle aco for now. I still enjoy the build of full support and I can still level in single dungeons in an acceptable pace. However, ever since, I really don't use all my stat points in INT. I'm not a full int fs coz my equips compensate with the INT I needed. My current stat is 40-52-90 (agi-vit-int).

To boost my damage in single dungeons, I use elemental mace. I plan to have shadow helm as well. In dungeon 7-10, I alternate with my neut and shadow mace. This relatively increased the exp I gain per book by 1-1.5%. Too much HP is not needed by FS in dungeons as we can heal ourselves. I think its better to use elemental equips during leveling in SD.

#9 LollyBels

LollyBels

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

Well that can be easily afford by you as your server is not damaged by the duplicate zenies.

In my server a shadow helm card worth 600M. Tell me how could we afford when we are not part of the duplicators -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account