#42 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationAlfheim / Tampa, FL

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, I did it by accident one or two times when I was frustrated or in a rush and then I realized that was happening. I just let it lose now lol. I suppose if you were really paying attention to it you could go with 0 losses indefinitely.

Yeah, seems to be a pretty common practice within the top 10.  Ragequitters left me stranded with no opponents for two days because their LP jumped way ahead of mine and the guy behind me was like 300 behind me.  I only got 13 attempts today before I got stranded again. :angry:

#43 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

Yeah. Stranded myself

#44 ragnadluffy

ragnadluffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:34 AM

has anyone here tried healing mercenaries with sanctuary? does it work? my merce with my priest always die before me haha.anyone?

#45 RoamingSky

RoamingSky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

No, does not work

#46 imdashit

imdashit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:34 AM

Ribbon warlock is crazy dang I need two of them fck

#47 ragnadluffy

ragnadluffy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

No, does not work

T_T oowww. thanks pretty.

#48 IIxZEUSxII

IIxZEUSxII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Ribbon warlock is crazy dang I need two of them fck

Even if they aren't S or SS ?? They r good ?

coz i have one but don't like to use a wiz that much

so if its that good i might try it

although whenever i see them in a war battle i know this one will be hard to handle

coz they can flip the table in a sec

#49 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Even if they aren't S or SS ?? They r good ?

coz i have one but don't like to use a wiz that much

so if its that good i might try it

although whenever i see them in a war battle i know this one will be hard to handle

coz they can flip the table in a sec

If they aren't S or SS?  Hmm, probably not.  You need to keep them alive long enough to charge their fury gage and i've seen plenty die before they get to use their meteor skill.

You can kind of guess what the max stats will be for an R4 merc (not S or SS) by adding 1666 hp (17 hp x 98 lvls), 490 atk (5 atk x 98 lvls), and 392 mtk (4 matk x 98 lvls) to their base stats.  Plus sprinkle in a few for crit, def, mdef, and aspd.  Haven't figured out the exact increases for those (much slower rate).

For R4 S, i think it's 25 hp, 7 atk, and 6 matk per level up.  For R4 SS, i think it's 33 hp, 9 atk, and 8 matk per level up.

Hope that helps!

• IIxZEUSxII likes this

#50 IIxZEUSxII

IIxZEUSxII

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

If they aren't S or SS?  Hmm, probably not.  You need to keep them alive long enough to charge their fury gage and i've seen plenty die before they get to use their meteor skill.

You can kind of guess what the max stats will be for an R4 merc (not S or SS) by adding 1666 hp (17 hp x 98 lvls), 490 atk (5 atk x 98 lvls), and 392 mtk (4 matk x 98 lvls) to their base stats.  Plus sprinkle in a few for crit, def, mdef, and aspd.  Haven't figured out the exact increases for those (much slower rate).

For R4 S, i think it's 25 hp, 7 atk, and 6 matk per level up.  For R4 SS, i think it's 33 hp, 9 atk, and 8 matk per level up.

Hope that helps!

thanks man that was really helpful post

is the 17 hp , 5 atk and 4 matk increase the same for all merc or only the wiz ones ?

#51 Plastoots

Plastoots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Dang and I thought a battle lasting over a minute was long. I either lose or win really quickly lol. I've noticed recently that some of the top players are selecting Porings as their mercs and have flawless records (with high battle counts still). Maybe they're trying to boost people underneath them so that they can get easy wins when they use their real mercs? Otherwise, I can't see how the top 5 players only have a handful of losses between them.

I do this (changing mercs to r1) so people below me can catch up with their ladder points. You-help-me-I-help-you thing. I get stranded, too, because I "can't find an opponent." So the best thing for me to do in order to avoid being stranded is ensure that I always have an opponent with an LP near mine.

Also, I am currently rank 1 in my server with 1 loss only. No exits. It's not impossible especially with my Chef Cat SS. Gg.

So I'm somehow convinced that all, or most, of the players in the top 10 or 20 in all servers are the ones with really good mercenaries. I wouldn't want to be wasting keys and diamonds everyday. Heh.
  • lexluthor999 likes this

#52 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

thanks man that was really helpful post

is the 17 hp , 5 atk and 4 matk increase the same for all merc or only the wiz ones ?

You're welcome!  Yeah, looks like the same increase for all types of R4 normal mercs. 

Also, if (S) or (SS) then they will increase def and mdef at lesser level intervals than regular R4's (+1 per 2.5 or 1.66 levels up).  For all intents and purposes, crit, aspd, and flee increases are about the same (+1 per 10 levels up).

According to the charts in another thread, looks like the R4S mercs (alternate picture w/ rainbow trim) have the same increases as their R4 counterparts too.

#53 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

I do this (changing mercs to r1) so people below me can catch up with their ladder points. You-help-me-I-help-you thing. I get stranded, too, because I "can't find an opponent." So the best thing for me to do in order to avoid being stranded is ensure that I always have an opponent with an LP near mine.

Also, I am currently rank 1 in my server with 1 loss only. No exits. It's not impossible especially with my Chef Cat SS. Gg.

So I'm somehow convinced that all, or most, of the players in the top 10 or 20 in all servers are the ones with really good mercenaries. I wouldn't want to be wasting keys and diamonds everyday. Heh.

Yeah, i could see that.  It's like playing leapfrog with each other.  Unfortunately, these ragequitters leapfrogged me and then sprinted way ahead too.  Eventually, 30 wins vs 20 wins per day over a span of several days creates a pretty big gap.  It wouldn't be impossible for the game to determine the match's winner before it plays out on your screen, especially if the battle itself requires no user input.  But that would make too much sense.

Hats off to you sir!  I commend your honest playing and curse your godlike cat lol.  Eventually, the top 10 on each server will be nothing but cats.  What is your other merc btw?

Oh, it definitely takes great mercs to be in the top 20 whether you're ragequitting or not.  But you can just look at the wins and defeats totals and tell who's been playing for real.  The top 2 players each have totals over 500?  Yeah they're probably legit.  4th place has 393 wins and 3 defeats?  Not so legit.  He/she could probably be at the top of the hill, but their win ratio is probably too frustrating to keep quitting 4 out of 5 times and the weekly rewards are the same for the top 5 anyways.

If we haven't noticed already, this game is littered with people exploiting loopholes, bugs, and bad programming.

#54 Plastoots

Plastoots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

I used chef cat ss and white knight ss to make my way to rank1 since the start of the month. Now, I use Ifrit SS with the cat because I only battle with the ranks 2 and 3 (the only ones with a near-LP as mine) who I both beat all the time if I use ifrit SS.

Your penultimate paragraph does make sense. Sucks that some people are too desperate.

#55 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

I used chef cat ss and white knight ss to make my way to rank1 since the start of the month. Now, I use Ifrit SS with the cat because I only battle with the ranks 2 and 3 (the only ones with a near-LP as mine) who I both beat all the time if I use ifrit SS.

Your penultimate paragraph does make sense. Sucks that some people are too desperate.

Ah, very nice!  I'm currently battling back and forth with someone that has a chef cat/peco paladin combo and it's pretty tough.  I wasn't blown away with my Ifrit SS at first, but once i maxed out his skill he's been awesome.  He's so damn fast with his skill and if you keep him alive he'll wear anyone down with the constant matk and stuns.

Yeah, it does.  Recently, i experimented with the ragequitting method and it's quite exhausting.  Not to mention you'll burn through your keys like wildfire when i'd rather be using them to level up and spam gold chests.

#56 Wesker1

Wesker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Anyone get 2nd generation mercs from compounding r3 monsters yet?

I haven't seen anyone report any yet. 

This is a big problem if we need specific specific 2nd gen mercs to compound r5 mercs.

#57 bakakiba

bakakiba

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

I heard from 2 guildmembers about they getting 2nd gen when compounding.

#58 viridia688

viridia688

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

I feel like it's a good thing to have hard to achieve top level things, odds are if you just keep saving up from doing dungeons or whatever and converting r3 to r4 you'll eventually get the ingredients for an r5 i suppose.

#59 Huy99

Huy99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

I tried compounding R3 mercs today and got a Kiel. <_<

He's only used in two recipes for R5S and even at R5 (SS) he's kinda lame.

#60 Wesker1

Wesker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

I heard from 2 guildmembers about they getting 2nd gen when compounding.

Compounding or golden draw.

I only heard of people getting them from the golden draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account