8 replies to this topic

#1 Snafuji

Snafuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:47 PM

Hi all,

I'm a brand new player and I downloaded the game yesterday, but cannot make a character no matter what I do. It will let me log in to Facebook and everything, and I can choose which class and hair style for my character, but it will fail to create a character every time. Every server is like this. Attached are the pictures of my problem. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8.1. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong by chance? Any help is appreciated! Below are links to the pictures, because the attach files keeps failing to upload. 

http://imageshack.co.../427/Pno1jI.png

http://imageshack.co...3384/3yHZow.png

#2 TristanRiedValkyrie

TristanRiedValkyrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCebu, Philippines

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

that's really odd error you got there. did you put special characters on your name? i haven't tried but i think special chars will not go through like a space for example or a dot. if not, try reinstalling one more time and see if it works. worst case, you might want to file a ticket to their development team.

https://support.warp...30-ba13ea3a88d2

Choose option 9.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

TristanRock

RiedValkyrie

#3 Snafuji

Snafuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the helpful information Tristian! I did not use any special characters in my name, and I did try to restart my phone and reinstalling it. None of that fixed the issue so I sent in a ticket and will update this post when I hear back from support. 

#4 TristanRiedValkyrie

TristanRiedValkyrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

I'm using iphone5. Maybe iphone 6 isn't supported yet. they may need to modify the app.

dm-914162480768.png

Cheers,

TristanRock

RiedValkyrie

#5 Snafuji

Snafuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:52 PM

Hmm. Good point. That could be an issue. 

#6 Snafuji

Snafuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

i also tried making a character as a guest and that doesn't work as well. Still waiting for a reply from support, so I'm not sure how long that will take. Is there anything else I haven't tried yet by chance? I'm not sure why I can't create any characters at all. I'm really bummed because it seems like a fun game to play! I remember my friend played RO on his pc but I never did. Now it's on my phone I can finally give it a shot!

#7 TristanRiedValkyrie

TristanRiedValkyrie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

the support team always respond at least 24-48 hours. resolution could take a week or so.

but that might be case to case basis. i filed a report about being item scammed during a trade before, they return the item to me after two weeks. I'm still happy that i get my item back and they blocked the scammer.

Cheers,

TristanRock

RiedValkyrie

#8 Snafuji

Snafuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

That's good to know! I think I've done all I can, so I will just wait patiently for a response from the support team and post here my findings. Thanks Tristan.

#9 Snafuji

Snafuji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:32 PM

I found the reason this error is happening. It turns out the name I was trying to use was already taken, yet it did not give me an error for the name being used, since I tested this with a name I knew would be used. So if you get the "failed to create the character" error, it means the name is taken, even if the game does not give you an error. Support never responded (I sent them a message 2 days ago), but I will pass on this bug to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account