• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kuccified

kuccified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi all, i'm considering to change from dps build to battle tank so that i can afk in sd/ed more effectively. currently i'm level 59 (closing in on 60) and my build is

Evil Wing S

+5 Life Link r4 def777

+5 Combat Greaves S Crit444

+2 Greatsword of Trial S

+3 VVVS Pauldron ASPD666

Sage Worm r4 Crit 444 x2

and a +5 Wild Tail r4 ASPD777 can't wear it yet

53 STR, 35AGI and 41VIT

Skills is 10 HP recov, 10 2h mastery, 10 bash, 1 charge, and 7 2h quicken

I'm still trying to get a good r4 mercenary SS that i can 99 it, but i'm not using diamond so i'm currently doing ED with Antler High Priest S, Dancer, Heavenly Golem and Yellow Acidus S (has poison that immobilizes enemy so its good for me). i can 70% afk on normal mode but i cant even complete hard mode even if i tried, low mercenary and my def as well i think. I have about 20m budget, was initially trying to buy a frika's b or d but can't find any un-refined ones.

is it recommended to change to battle tank or is it too late? what would be the change in my gears? should i be wearing a shield, if yes that what would be my weapon? i mostly play alone nowadays thus the transition, looking to just farm event dungeon for good merc and then go on to single dungeon to get some zeny...

thanks for any tips

• Timothymt, Welchlymn and Inteniaeffori like this

#2 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

Work on your mercs first, you won't be dishing out damage. Go full tank for AFK SD, here's your checklist:

-Finish MQ, lvl 67 at least
-Get high damage merc that won't die in auto, and a merc with heavenly light(heal all), like bongun. Start working on their r5 recipes.
-Get: PDS, Frika C, Wild boots S, Ancient Earring r4(x2), VS wild tail, wolf claw or VS meteor plate with def+7 or def+8 cards.
-Make all your eq to +6 or +7 if possible.
-Your weapon should be vit 10 or 11. I recommend mysteltainn r4 with 3/3/3vit cards.
-Reset stats to full vit
-Reset skills to max Shield Mastery and Shield training.

With that you should have an easy road leveling up to 80~85 through SD.

Hope it helps.

#3 RassiusLuine

RassiusLuine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

Frankz is correct regarding the mercenaries. They play a very significant role in terms of strolling dungeons 7 and above.

However, a Battle Tank build won't be advisable for your current level as your stats will be hard to balance/manage and it also depends on some good equips to make the build effective. A full VIT then SPR as suggested is going be a good option for you since, for various reasons, it will make your life and play time easier as good wall equips will cost you less, and like what you've been saying, in the long run, it WILL make you always go on AFK.^_^

#4 kuccified

kuccified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

thanks for the tip, i think i will reset to full vit and upgrade my helm and get a sword+shield. looking at VVS haedonggum and altair shield S as per the pinned guide.. there's barely anyone in the MQ and i reaaaally want to get a nice merc! ED all the way...

which one should i get first? shield mastery or shield training? i'm still waiting on a good merc that i can dump all my porings into ... but it's taking so long by just compounding levelling r3 and compounding. 

#5 RassiusLuine

RassiusLuine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

You can invest in Shield Mastery first then Shield Training on the later part of your levels. A pure VIT wall should only take a few job levels for it to complete it's skill pool. You can check Souken's Tank Guide for more information on how you can make your character tank like a boss. ^_^

#6 kuccified

kuccified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hmm, is there a big difference from frika a c and e? A has max hp 380 vit 8, C has vit 8 all 4, and E has max hp 380 and all 4. i read somewhere that 1 vit gives ~2def is that why C is better? but with 12 vit it only gives ~168HP so isn't A preferred with more HP and vit? Is E way worst? because it's much cheaper to get a refined one :x

#7 RassiusLuine

RassiusLuine

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

Hmm, is there a big difference from frika a c and e? A has max hp 380 vit 8, C has vit 8 all 4, and E has max hp 380 and all 4. i read somewhere that 1 vit gives ~2def is that why C is better? but with 12 vit it only gives ~168HP so isn't A preferred with more HP and vit? Is E way worst? because it's much cheaper to get a refined one :x

Forget about the E stat since it would have the least addition to your stats. Yes it does have the HP all stat but it is recommended that you focus on your vit stat. A and C stat can be justified depending on the rest of your equips and your personal preference on which you would use for quite some time.

A can be used to maximize the capacity of your HP. For some, sticking to Frika A until you have better gear later is preferred BUT, as we all know, investing on helms in lower levels can be a pain especially if you would want to change to a better one as you level. It will be a little hard for you to sell it obviously.

For the C stat, it IS actually a best choice for pure walls since it does give additional DEF stat, which you will need even if your level is high. HP won't matter as you progress since most of the monsters will deal minimal damage, like a double or a single digit damage which will be covered by your HP Recovery. Make sure to pair it with Def 6 cards to maximize the stat combination.

Hope this helps though. ^_^

#8 ValkyrieFaith

ValkyrieFaith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:44 AM

Depending on the merc u own it might be cheaper to start as flee and reset to tank after u have better merc. Tank equips cost alot more than flee set and flee works the same if not better in stage 1-7. R4 Merc such as loli will die instantly with tank build if u try to afk in stage 7. By using flee build it ll open up more choices of mercs you can use even ones with lower defense since they will survive.

A cheap flee set with easy to get merc such as happy bapho on normal ed and loli or anubis should be able to boost u to lvl 80 with ease by auto afk in stage 7. Loli heals faster than anubis but has lower defense but it is poison attribute hence it has no weakness.  A poison aoer + healer aoer is recommended for survivability.

The equips for flee is :

Anubis / any cheap Frika with all+4 / anyting that gives agi

Shining Sword R4 / VVS Shining Sword

Fairy Suit R4

Vs Valkyrie Shield for common sd & Rnfd S + mummy cardx3 to afk 6-10 (fastest place to farm angeling on gold rush event other than the 5 keys hard ed + it drops PDS there) or 7-8 if needed.

Vs Wild Tail with Flee 4 card x3

Wild Boot S with Flee 4 card x3

Sage Worm x 2

Most can be bought at a very cheap price in auction because flee is really underrated. Try to avoid making them +7 because it is a waste of money, it is really hard to die with a lvl 3 skilled high aspd aoe healer in stage 7 (Bongun, Loli or Anubis). Having +3 for flee set will be just fine. But as Frankz said, your def set for tank should definitely be at least +6 to 7.

The higher your level the more efficient your flee will become. At first the monsters with red names will be harder to dodge because of the lvl gap but it will get better overtime. You wont even need to press SM when sd starts, it can be full afked.

Stats build :

99 vit rest spr/str that way you can swap equip to wall for aoe teams or do dungeon runs with friends.

This build works with 1 hand dps build as well as long as your hat has decent HP card, just use flee in SD then swap to dps when you leave home.

When you get mercs with over 600 def such as R5 healer and dps/aoer that would be the time to switch to tank and start afk in stage 8.

Choosing the right element will speed up your kill rate, Happy Bapho will do well in 7-8, because both the mobs and the boss are fire element, which gives him an extra 30% damage. 7-8 also drops ancient earrings which sells for a better price compared to others loots in stage 7. And stick to 2 keys room if you want to level faster.

• frankz likes this

#9 Jadefrost

Jadefrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

Work on your mercs first, you won't be dishing out damage. Go full tank for AFK SD, here's your checklist:

-Get high damage merc that won't die in auto, and a merc with heavenly light(heal all), like bongun. Start working on their r5 recipes.
-Get: PDS, Frika C, Wild boots S, Ancient Earring r4(x2), VS wild tail, wolf claw or VS meteor plate with def+7 or def+8 cards.
-Your weapon should be vit 10 or 11. I recommend mysteltainn r4 with 3/3/3vit cards.
-Reset stats to full vit

Hope it helps.

I'm lvl 70 knight and considering this same strategy. I'm curious though. What did you mean "Finish Main Quest lvl 67"? Did you mean use MQ to level to 67? Also, what SD chapter is advice able for this build to get to 80-85? Thanks! 

• frankz likes this

#10 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:05 AM

I'm lvl 70 knight and considering this same strategy. I'm curious though. What did you mean "Finish Main Quest lvl 67"? Did you mean use MQ to level to 67? Also, what SD chapter is advice able for this build to get to 80-85? Thanks!

Yes, that's what I meant.

Your main grinding spots are 7-9, 7-10, 8-3, 8-6 and 8-9. Those are also the most likely to auto-afk grind. Just linearly grind on the highest o those levels you can, and you'll boost to 85 quickly enough.
  • Jadefrost likes this

#11 Jadefrost

Jadefrost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:43 AM

-Reset stats to full vit

Hope it helps.

Wow, thank you for your suggestions and guide. I just turned my knight (76) to battle tank today and I am very impressed on how it can handle SD 8-X. I maxed out Vit like you said and rest to Spr.. here's my setup and stat at the moment.

Vit 99+28

Spr 35+10

Atk 410

Def 450 (with SM)

Mdef 252

Equipments:

+6 Thor's Strength f + DEF 6/6/6

+5 VS Fairy + DEF 7/7/7

+4 VS Valk clean

+4 WIld Boots (from my dps build)

+4 VVS Byeollungum clean

+5 Wild Tail + ASPD 6/6/6 (from dps build)

2x Ancient Earing CRIT 4/4/4 

Mercenaries:

(SS) Dark Winged Rudo (AOE Healer and an awesome dps with skill level 2)

(S) Thanatos RX2 (main dps with level 3 skill)

Just have a few questions:

1. I wonder what or where should I make improvements moving forward?

2. Any suggestion base on my stats and setup?

3. I have pets Griffon Guard King +30Def and Peco Paladin +100mdef. Which one would be more beneficial to use overall?

SO far so good. Thanks again!

#12 frankz

frankz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:15 AM

Wow awesome mercs.

Go for Mystel r4 for the vit, then Cnossus at lvl83.
Go for vs or vvs wild tail instead of r4, and equip with def cards.

As for the pets, I keep both in inventory. I'd equip peco for 8-10 and SD9/SD10, or running ifrit fungeob, and Gryphon for the rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  fay26 : (02 June 2017 - 09:45 PM) Where can I find VS Plate of Veteran B from Single Dungeons?
@  againzt : (18 October 2016 - 04:59 AM) why I cant create any topic?!
@  Zexika : (16 October 2016 - 06:54 PM) cant verify forums account? email not going through
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:20 AM) To lvl 2?
@  Randy1981 : (15 August 2016 - 03:17 AM) How to upgrade guild
@  thepwai : (19 April 2016 - 10:38 PM) WTB FE Baphomet pet
@  TinyMiku : (16 April 2016 - 07:58 AM) Can anyone tell me the full name of the music or track number from Ragnarok Online that plays in Frinsy Entrance in RO:VU? Thanks!
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:21 PM) how to get the most common mercenary pet ?
@  shilva00 : (27 March 2016 - 05:19 PM) verify account .. cant log in :(
@  Panatkorn : (23 March 2016 - 12:15 PM) Buy zeny for real money Server Griffon payment will be via Paypal add me on Facebook Facebook.com/panatkorn
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:13 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv up than 10-2? I am an assin. In addition, though supforgetools are so rare, why there are so many +8 equips in auction?
@  fffjianbin : (16 March 2016 - 04:11 PM) I can only post here. Anyone knows which SD is better lv
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:23 PM) After 2014 the server was tottaly reseted and everybody lost everything
@  Joao.Cavalcante : (22 February 2016 - 11:21 PM) Why i cant post here?
@  Kalizer : (19 February 2016 - 01:54 AM) i dont know my UUID cause i left the game in 2014, i reconnect yesterday and i lost my old characters, what can i do?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:54 PM) is this is a new one or they just update and improve the old version?
@  duduthz : (16 February 2016 - 03:53 PM) i do have some old account on the old valkyrie uprising path of heroes why when i open this valkyrie uprising path of heroes my char is gone?
@  Sloppy : (18 January 2016 - 05:23 PM) verify account problem should be fixed, i think..
@  Pancakemanz : (27 December 2015 - 02:36 AM) any idea why I can't use my mercs and the game freezes in the SD?
@  Drazzilb : (25 December 2015 - 04:36 PM) can't verify my account